today's celebs have no charisma

On 1/24/2021 at 7:23 PM, Niko_TheFreak said:

i totally agree. And I love that someone brought this up. I ask myself the same thing. Is it because I am getting older? But no, I watch performances from all these artists, Selena Gomez, these new girls I don't even know their names, and they have no star quality, including Dua Lipa. They have no charisma. Artists like Britney Spears, captivated the stage, just by walking on it. They captivated audiences. Even Christina Aguilera who I am not a fan of, J.Lo, Lady Gaga, Pink. These artists have charisma. Not just spins on spotify. Todays music and music business is boring AF.

Yes! Everything today feels like a non-event, it's really weird. People are consuming so much content, and then they just throw it away. Even the internet is boring now. We spend most of our time on social networks: boring, suburban gated communities, where everybody’s “profile” looks exactly the same, and presents exactly the same content, in the same arrangement. Rarely do we create things on these networks; Instead, we consume, and report on our consumption. The web we have today is a sad, pathetic, consumption-oriented digital iron curtain. Back then we had real forums , we had blogs, you could customize your web page, right now everything looks the same it's so weird.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
On 1/22/2021 at 2:49 PM, Jordan Miller said:

I don't think it's that younger celebs don't have charisma, I think as we get older we don't identify with them so we don't see the appeal. :walkonby_britney_sunglasses_walking_oh_hi_smile:

On 1/22/2021 at 3:17 PM, PokemonSpears said:

yes, we're old, and yes, they're boring :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

On 1/22/2021 at 4:52 PM, OnlyBeyonce said:

in the past only real talented people were allowed to be famous now everyone has his chance and a lot of mediocre people have a spotlight that they don't deserve :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

I loved the way you three; 1, 2, 3... speak with no filters... Today's kids should be very bored by watching Michaels, Madonnas and Britneys wannabes :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black::makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Korb said:

this is a ridiculous, immature take. But go off sis :bang_gun_dance_boom_blue:

I think what’s immature is defending artists with no charisma lol. You keep quoting people who have extremely valid opinions, and you’re over here trying to defend lackluster stardom.

I think it’s extremely valid to point out that today’s artists lack star power and charisma of yesterday’s pop repertoire and that’s just facts sweets.
:gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao::gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao::gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao: 

1 minute ago, PlayDestroy said:

I think what’s immature is defending artists with no charisma lol. You keep quoting people who have extremely valid opinions, and you’re over here trying to defend lackluster stardom.

I think it’s extremely valid to point out that today’s artists lack star power and charisma of yesterday’s pop repertoire and that’s just facts sweets.
:gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao::gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao::gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao: 

"I think what’s immature is defending artists with no charisma" ...that doesn't even make sense. :roxxy:

Your reply was immature and stupid. You literally said people need to be like Britney Spears or don't bother. You're either literally a child or braindead if you think that's a reasonable and normal expectation to have of every artist. Britney is an anomaly among artists.

Also, I'm quoting people because I'm replying to them. That's how forums work, sweetie.:raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:
Lol by "extremely" valid you mean valid because you agree with them, right?

Stay malding.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Korb said:

"I think what’s immature is defending artists with no charisma" ...that doesn't even make sense. :roxxy:

Your reply was immature and stupid. You literally said people need to be like Britney Spears or don't bother. You're either literally a child or braindead if you think that's a reasonable and normal expectation to have of every artist. Britney is an anomaly among artists.

Also, I'm quoting people because I'm replying to them. That's how forums work, sweetie.:raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:
Lol by "extremely" valid you mean valid because you agree with them, right?

Stay malding.

What are you trying to argue here though? It’s fair to compare the past (which is better) with the new... were you not defending artists with no charisma? I mean.. you were. Britney was an anomaly yes... but like she brought the star quality that many others after her were able to enrapture: Gaga for instance, even Ariana. 

but in recent years there hasn’t been anyone interesting at all.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PlayDestroy said:

What are you trying to argue here though? It’s fair to compare the past (which is better) with the new... were you not defending artists with no charisma? I mean.. you were. Britney was an anomaly yes... but like she brought the star quality that many others after her were able to enrapture: Gaga for instance, even Ariana. 

but in recent years there hasn’t been anyone interesting at all.  

My original comment was about Olivia ,which the op is clearly pressed af about and why this thread was made.

That's because the the Britney template of making dance pop tunes with heavy choreography is outdated and no longer what public wants. Lana Del Rey, Taylor Swift and Lorde completely changed the game and made the public thirsty for songwriting skills, authenticity and relatability over the traditional popstar qualities. 

Olivia is a singer-songwriter first and foremost and her biggest idol is literally Taylor Swift. So y'all shouldn't be expecting "charisma" from that type of artist when her thing is something else. She should be judged for her songwriting and singing talent instead, which is promising considering she managed to write a song that connects with the public to the extent that Drivers License did, at such a young age. 

If you want charisma, there's still plenty of female artists offering it, especially rap/alternative girls. Y'all just need to know where to look. See: Megan Thee Stallion, Cardi B, Charli XCX, Doja Cat, Billie Eilish and Lizzo. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Minatozaki Sana said:

That's because the the Britney template of making dance pop tunes with heavy choreography is outdated and no longer what public wants. Lana Del Rey, Taylor Swift and Lorde completely changed the game and made the public thirsty for songwriting skills, authenticity and relatability over the traditional popstar qualities. 

Olivia is a singer-songwriter first and foremost and her biggest idol is literally Taylor Swift. So y'all shouldn't be expecting "charisma" from that type of artist when her thing is something else. She should be judged for her songwriting and singing talent instead, which is promising considering she managed to write a song that connects with the public to the extent that Drivers License did, at such a young age. 

If you want charisma, there's still plenty of female artists offering it, especially rap/alternative girls. Y'all just need to know where to look. See: Megan Thee Stallion, Cardi B, Charli XCX, Doja Cat, Billie Eilish and Lizzo. 

kinda disagree with the whole "Adele and Lana Del Rey changed the music industry" narrative because if that was the case, then k-pop wouldn't have billions of views on YouTube , k-pop is full of heavy choreography and gimmicks yet it's literally huge right now , the problem is that the american industry refuses to invest a lot of money into new pop artists nowadays , they would rather give contracts to influencers who already have a fanbase on TikTok/Instagram instead of investing into new artists, but i'm mostly talking about the mainstream landscape here, there are a lot of very interesting underground artists out there

• Like 2
22 hours ago, dr34mc0r3 said:

Yes! Everything today feels like a non-event, it's really weird. People are consuming so much content, and then they just throw it away. Even the internet is boring now. We spend most of our time on social networks: boring, suburban gated communities, where everybody’s “profile” looks exactly the same, and presents exactly the same content, in the same arrangement. Rarely do we create things on these networks; Instead, we consume, and report on our consumption. The web we have today is a sad, pathetic, consumption-oriented digital iron curtain. Back then we had real forums , we had blogs, you could customize your web page, right now everything looks the same it's so weird.

You said it perfectly. It feels like a "non-event" that is on point. Releasing a music video for a single, was like an organized party. I would even make my mom watch every Britney premier, MTV awards, Grammys. I was  addicted to pop culture. I think the last time I felt any excitement was when Gaga released The Monster album. Society after that turned into an Instagram, anyone is famous and everyone is the same reality. I mean, look at Selena Gomez performance of Lose You To Love Me, and that other "mm mm mm mm " song I don't know the title to LOL! It was crazy *** bad. Boring, no charisma, no star quality. This is what I tell people, Britney's worst performances - MTV 2007 Gimme More - is other artists best LOL! So sad, and it looks like things will only get more boring and manufactured. Life in general.

• Like 2

I totally agree.

I mean, I really don't understand the hype about Olivia Rodrigo. She is cute and her single is also a good song, but man, is not a ground breaking pop-song like the ones we are use to seen in our popstars. And not just the music, the looks, everything.

Just Dance, Crazy In Love and all of those first singles were a complete package and that's why they are so iconic. The video, the looks, the dancing, everything... but yeah, we are also old haha.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Minatozaki Sana said:

:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

On 1/26/2021 at 12:39 PM, dr34mc0r3 said:

kinda disagree with the whole "Adele and Lana Del Rey changed the music industry" narrative because if that was the case, then k-pop wouldn't have billions of views on YouTube , k-pop is full of heavy choreography and gimmicks yet it's literally huge right now , the problem is that the american industry refuses to invest a lot of money into new pop artists nowadays , they would rather give contracts to influencers who already have a fanbase on TikTok/Instagram instead of investing into new artists, but i'm mostly talking about the mainstream landscape here, there are a lot of very interesting underground artists out there

K-pop mostly has billions of views because of excessive streaming, and then again, most of their streams come from Asia, it's big but not HUGE. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block