today's celebs have no charisma

12 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

That's 100% true. To me, the perfect example of that was Michael Jackson. He was obviously an amazing artist so he could have been successful with his talents alone, but I remember how back then at least half the conversations around him were about his persona and life. It was so unfathomable that people almost made him bigger and more complex and interesting than what he already was. Before social media, it was the same for Madonna. Heck, even my father or any man (MAN! not gay guys) on the streets would make at least a comment about her now and then. Iconic.

This. My parents are conservative people not into pop culture or anything and to this day you can still hear them both making comments about Madonna or MJ every now and then, just like you mentioned. 

Back in the day the pop stars were in everybody's mouths. They were an event themselves.

• Like 4

There are 2 or 3 current celebs that are putting a bit of effort. As for the rest. Yes they s.uck. But I agree everything has been going downhill since 2014. Im glad I started listening to music in 1999. The 2000s were definitely the best. We had prime Britney, JT, Beyonce, Rihanna, J.LO . Lady Gaga was starting to become the coolest big thing. It was a great decade for sure . The start of the 2010 was pretty strong too with Lady Gaga and Katy Perry dominating. 2013 was also a huge year. A lot of A+ list artists made a huge comeback that year. Phew Im old :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts: 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

The way even twelve year olds can see how there was an increasing decline in performance level and hard-work since Britney's knee injury. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

did you really just say that artists stopped giving great performances and stopped working hard after Britney's knee accident...

The way your brain is literally so smooth I...:roxxy:

• Haha 1
On 1/22/2021 at 10:53 AM, dr34mc0r3 said:

am i just getting old or are today's celebs boring as hell?

i don't even know who that olivia rodrigez girl is

who are these peoplebored.jpg.195e10989be74844ac7c9a2ea31f8030.jpg

i totally agree. And I love that someone brought this up. I ask myself the same thing. Is it because I am getting older? But no, I watch performances from all these artists, Selena Gomez, these new girls I don't even know their names, and they have no star quality, including Dua Lipa. They have no charisma. Artists like Britney Spears, captivated the stage, just by walking on it. They captivated audiences. Even Christina Aguilera who I am not a fan of, J.Lo, Lady Gaga, Pink. These artists have charisma. Not just spins on spotify. Todays music and music business is boring AF.

• Love 3
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Korb said:

did you really just say that artists stopped giving great performances and stopped working hard after Britney's knee accident...

The way your brain is literally so smooth I...:roxxy:

I was joking. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

But as someone under 15 I can say no one mainstream has post-Lady Gaga's peak. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Girl, so many artists put 0 effort into their craft nowadays and look like they'd rather be anywhere else, you don't have phenomenal new debut artists nowadays, you have decent ones at best. :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

do you live under a rock? :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:cyclically an ugly song has huge success and then the artist disappear forever

25 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

do you live under a rock? :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:cyclically an ugly song has huge success and then the artist disappear forever

LMAO you really just compared Olivia's song to the ketchup song and Gangnam Style? I mean all 3 of those songs are pretty iconic so I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a diss to Olivia but ok sis :roxxy:
Just cause you don't like a song doesn't make it "ugly".

Stay feeling threatened cause a song you don't like went #1 I guess:roxxy:

9 hours ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

The way a 17 year old girls marketing campaign has all tired of their FRAUD. Luckily we are old, old enough to know what’s real and fake... 

If you're going to allege fraud, come with the receipts sweetie :bang_gun_dance_boom_blue:
Stay mad and old I guess :bang_gun_dance_boom_blue:
I'm older too, but I recognize the song is not really my tea and I move on. You're really out here trying to discredit someone's success cause you're bitter. Your comment literally exemplifies what I was describing LMAO

• Love 1
Just now, Korb said:

LMAO you really just compared Olivia's song to the ketchup song and Gangnam Style? I mean all 3 of those songs are pretty iconic so I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a diss to Olivia but ok sis :roxxy:
Just cause you don't like a song doesn't make it "ugly".

Stay feeling threatened cause a song you don't like went #1 I guess:roxxy:

those songs aren't iconic. Crazy In Love, I'm a slave for you, Vogue,etc are iconic  :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Go back to listen that trash song :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I was joking. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

But as someone under 15 I can say no one mainstream has post-Lady Gaga's peak. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Girl, so many artists put 0 effort into their craft nowadays and look like they'd rather be anywhere else, you don't have phenomenal new debut artists nowadays, you have decent ones at best. :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

But...if every artist had a phenomenal debut wouldn't that make everyone's debut just average? Like I don't even understand what you guys are asking of ol' Olivia here. Not everybody can be a Britney Spears with a #1 debut and an iconic song and video. Not every artists needs to be that. Not every artists wants to be that, either. 

My whole point is that people are being bitter in this thread for no reason. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

those songs aren't iconic. Crazy In Love, I'm a slave for you, Vogue,etc are iconic  :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Go back to listen that trash song :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Maybe you don't understand because you might be a minor, but the ketchup song is definitely iconic. Even my mom bopped to that when I was a child. It was number 1 worldwide. Check the stats :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:

Also mambo number 5 is a huge song and I would say it's a pretty iconic 90's song. Another #1 smash around the world:gelis_britney_candies_flirting_sexy:

Gangnam Style was a  literal world wide smash and the entire world copied its dance and parodied the video (including your faves LMAO) but you think it's not iconic?

You obviously don't know what you're talking about, sweetie. :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

Just now, Korb said:

Maybe you don't understand because you might be a minor, but the ketchup song is definitely iconic. Even my mom bopped to that when I was a child. It was number 1 worldwide. Check the stats :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:

Also mambo number 5 is a huge song and I would say it's a pretty iconic 90's song. Another #1 smash around the world:gelis_britney_candies_flirting_sexy:

Gangnam Style was a  literal world wide smash and the entire world copied its dance and parodied the video (including your faves LMAO) but you think it's not iconic?

You obviously don't know what you're talking about, sweetie. :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

but where are they know? :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill: they lasted less than a fart and there is nothing ironic about them :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

There will never be another 2000s, because back then celebrities were seen as actually stars and were called so because they were "unreachable" just like swimming with the (:gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:) stars tonight (:scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:) in the sky. Social media, 2007 Britney and the internet made people realize they were humans too, so that excitement or worship for a celebrity can never form ever again and its okay. We still have a ton of talented stars in this generation. You just dont loook deeper since youre mindset is set on whats mainstream :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

642B8610-B350-4F8F-AA2D-47BD76F6048B.gif

OT: While I agree that pop culture is more bland today than it was in the 00s, I don’t think the music itself is bad. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Korb said:

If you're going to allege fraud, come with the receipts sweetie :bang_gun_dance_boom_blue:
Stay mad and old I guess :bang_gun_dance_boom_blue:
I'm older too, but I recognize the song is not really my tea and I move on. You're really out here trying to discredit someone's success cause you're bitter. Your comment literally exemplifies what I was describing LMAO

You guess wrong then... I didn’t came from you but you call me all those things just because I’m not agree with you... Is easy to see who’s really mad and bitter...

• Love 2
On 1/22/2021 at 4:47 PM, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Ugh agreed. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Nobody new is a phenomenal singer or dancer like Bey or Britney were when they first came on the scene. The sad thing is that even when we finally get some decent performers, people act as if they can compare to the legends. :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

It esp got worse in the late 2010s like in the early 2010s there were still interesting new artists but then people just started becoming lazy. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Also with rap too, there are a few good rap artists but the majority of rap artists don't put much effort in, there are a few good ones though and Nicki is an icon. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Rap has gone incredibly downhill. Like it used to be super artistic and savant guard and yes you had plenty of *** shaking money making grind music but you still had the tracks that went deep and hit deep. 

I do like a few recent artists but I'm not into the music the way I used to be. We had JAY Zs on to the next one from blueprint 3 and interesting stuff like that with videos that had tons of art references. 

Now we got like mumble rap and it ******* my soul. It's so processed. The difference between a steak and a hot dog.

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block