today's celebs have no charisma

Kinda agree, though with everyone walking on egg shells afraid to say or think the “wrong” thought, I understand. Can anyone in the public eye ever truly be themselves? Y’all know what one misplaced comment can do to an entire career. Especially if you’re just starting out. And it’s not only the artist. They are at the forefront, but the people in their team are also at risk. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I always think this. The only pop girl currently that has anything is Dua, because of her aesthetics in terms of songs and music videos. Other than her, everyone is so d*mn borrinngg! Where’s the star power of Janet and Britney? Like these singers offer us bland personalities... yasss girl give us NOTHING :nothavingit_whitney_houston_mad_annoyed_stare_whatever_irritated:

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, dr34mc0r3 said:

basic song tbh

do u think ppl will still be listening to that song in 15 years?:idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

today's music gets old so quickly

like 99.9% of songs are mostly forgotten after 15 yrs tho. That's kind of an unfair standard to hold a 17 yr old to :bang_gun_dance_boom_blue:
Not everybody can be a Britney Spears:bang_gun_dance_boom_blue:

I think it’s because we are used to a huge spectacle. Like pop stars went into eras changing themes and putting on a show the whole time. 

This generation is into lyrics. They don’t care about dancing and amazing videos. To me it’s boring... 

Also the music industry doesn’t care about albums or eras because music doesn’t make much money. So money isn’t put into shoots and vids like in the past. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
On 22/01/2021 at 6:53 PM, dr34mc0r3 said:

am i just getting old or are today's celebs boring as hell?

i don't even know who that olivia rodrigez girl is

ADVERTISING

Skip

who are these peoplebored.jpg.195e10989be74844ac7c9a2ea31f8030.jpg

Same. Who exactly are these people? I just feel like am watching a really good karaoke with catchy songs but no persona or charm. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, BigDadyy said:

I believe there is no mystery left or any stone unturned these days as we can find everything about our fav singers/celebrities through their social media. Back in the day ( Jeez!I sound like my grandfather), it was different. So I blame Mark Zucchiniberg for ruining it for us! 

That's 100% true. To me, the perfect example of that was Michael Jackson. He was obviously an amazing artist so he could have been successful with his talents alone, but I remember how back then at least half the conversations around him were about his persona and life. It was so unfathomable that people almost made him bigger and more complex and interesting than what he already was. Before social media, it was the same for Madonna. Heck, even my father or any man (MAN! not gay guys) on the streets would make at least a comment about her now and then. Iconic.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, sutramaya said:

Thank God I was born in 88 and growing up with 2000s music. I got to listen to Britney, Beyonce, BSB and at the same time enjoying Avril Lavigne, Green Day and The All American Rejects. Good time, good music. 

88 was a great year to be born! :wink_britney_everytime_white:

One of my favorite Kanye lines: “Hold up. Born in 88? How old is that? Old enough.” :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

They try too hard, or they don't try at all. A lot are in because of looks, maybe they slept with the right people. Idk, but no one seems genuine, no one seems real and sincere, they don't seem like they are having fun. They look at it as job which it is..but I mean least look like you're enjoying yourself. 

Britney, Beyonce, Aaliyah, JT, Pink, etc..90s to early 2000s were amazing. When Lady GaGa came out and saved pop music she had this stoic persona, and I guess everyone followed.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
On 1/23/2021 at 6:02 AM, princessmimi said:

Yeah totally.

I hate all this political correctness, its a bunch of bs in my opinion.

If we didnt have that, we'd have great artists and great music.

Political correctness has also went into TV/Movies.

There now always has to be some "political statement" on them and it just takes away the fun of pop culture

I agree. Back in the day no one cared who you collaborated with and now you have to research very hard to avoid any controversy.

OT: I think the last great new artists (2014/15) are Ariana and Halsey. Everyone else is so boring. I'm only 24 turning 25 and I feel so disconnected with the new trends. I listen to my faves and that's it. I have no desire to listen to the new artists at all.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

There will never be another 2000s, because back then celebrities were seen as actually stars and were called so because they were "unreachable" just like swimming with the (:gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:) stars tonight (:scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:) in the sky. Social media, 2007 Britney and the internet made people realize they were humans too, so that excitement or worship for a celebrity can never form ever again and its okay. We still have a ton of talented stars in this generation. You just dont loook deeper since youre mindset is set on whats mainstream :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

There will never be another 2000s, because back then celebrities were seen as actually stars and were called so because they were "unreachable" just like swimming with the (:gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:) stars tonight (:scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:) in the sky. Social media, 2007 Britney and the internet made people realize they were humans too, so that excitement or worship for a celebrity can never form ever again and its okay. We still have a ton of talented stars in this generation. You just dont loook deeper since youre mindset is set on whats mainstream :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Haha yes!!! I thinking the same thing.... just mix up your spotify. Search a little. Grow a little.  :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search:

• Love 2

EXACTLY WHAT I'M THINKING

They are boring as hell. Ariana has potential but she wastes it for some boring **** 

Taylor was interesting maybe only with Bad Blood and Look What U Made Me Do

Billie - no offense but literally what the **** is that? I don't really get her style, she had this one sad song with someone and that was cool but I don't listen to her at all 

They all suck and it's boring as hell right now

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block