today's celebs have no charisma

1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

I don't think it's that younger celebs don't have charisma, I think as we get older we don't identify with them so we don't see the appeal. :walkonby_britney_sunglasses_walking_oh_hi_smile:

2 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

The way no one is allowed to call you a boomer in this thread because I'm younger than 14 and agree with you. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

Thing is, there isn't even an appeal. :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses: :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Ugh agreed. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Nobody new is a phenomenal singer or dancer like Bey or Britney were when they first came on the scene. The sad thing is that even when we finally get some decent performers, people act as if they can compare to the legends. :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

It esp got worse in the late 2010s like in the early 2010s there were still interesting new artists but then people just started becoming lazy. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Also with rap too, there are a few good rap artists but the majority of rap artists don't put much effort in, there are a few good ones though and Nicki is an icon. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I just laughed at the way you included Nicki at the end. JUST LIKE A PERIOD! :unbelievableney_happy_smile_joy_overjoyed_excited_yay:

That was cute, Hooked. 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

I agree but then again I might be biased since I'm 27

but I did notice a big change in music starting around 2016, 

it seemed like after that, music got repetitive and boring.

Even with singers I like, they got boring.

The mid 2010s was the last interesting years of music.

Maybe IF Britney releases a new album, it'll shake things up cause

honestly today's music is pretty stale

• Love 7
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I agree but then again I might be biased since I'm 27

but I did notice a big change in music starting around 2016, 

it seemed like after that, music got repetitive and boring.

Even with singers I like, they got boring.

The mid 2010s was the last interesting year  of music.

Maybe IF Britney releases a new album, it'll shake things up cause

honestly today's music is pretty stale

Yes totally, it seems difficult at the moment to take risks artistically , and I think that this demotivates a lot of artists, you have to be very careful nowadays otherwise you will get called "problematic" etc , the culture of politically correctness, minimalism and relatableness is stronger than before.

• Like 7
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, dr34mc0r3 said:

Yes totally, it seems difficult at the moment to take risks artistically , and I think that this demotivates a lot of artists, you have to be very careful nowadays otherwise you will get called "problematic" etc , the culture of politically correctness, minimalism and relatableness is stronger than before.

Yeah totally.

I hate all this political correctness, its a bunch of bs in my opinion.

If we didnt have that, we'd have great artists and great music.

Political correctness has also went into TV/Movies.

There now always has to be some "political statement" on them and it just takes away the fun of pop culture

• Love 3
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block