Do you think Britney listens to her super old material and cries?

thisforumwhacknow

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she genuinely loves In the Zone. I mean, she performed Breathe on Me and Touch of My Hand several times through different tours, and none of these songs were singles. And I doubt that her team would choose these songs over Criminal (never performed) or HIAM (a #1 song only performed during FFT - I think she definitely doesn't like this one-). She also loves Blackout because she performed several songs as well. And can't forget Boys, a song that most of the fans don't really care but she performed in every single tour since it's release in 2001. :cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette:

14 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

They said her Whitney cover was “off key” and “pitchy”

Yet at JIVE, she started singing in a pitchy voice that often went off-key in performances so why should we listen to them. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

She wasn't the next Whitney but she had potential, you don't just get into an Off-Broadway show and The Mickey Mouse Club if you're a less than stellar vocalist. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

12 minutes ago, anakinskywalker said:

I think she genuinely loves In the Zone. I mean, she performed Breathe on Me and Touch of My Hand several times through different tours, and none of these songs were singles. And I doubt that her team would choose these songs over Criminal (never performed) or HIAM (a #1 song only performed during FFT - I think she definitely doesn't like this one-). She also loves Blackout because she performed several songs as well. And can't forget Boys, a song that most of the fans don't really care but she performed in every single tour since it's release in 2001. :cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette:

Blackout being performed isn't really an indicator, especially since lots of it's songs were performed from 2008 and on. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I won't be surprised if she feels disconnected from Blackout or at least if she did during the whole "I'm a mom now" era but I'm also not surprised that she loved it during 2007. We been knew she loves In The Zone and Glory eternally but I wonder what she thinks of Britney (2001). :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

21 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Yet at JIVE, she started singing in a pitchy voice that often went off-key in performances so why should we listen to them. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

She wasn't the next Whitney but she had potential, you don't just get into an Off-Broadway show and The Mickey Mouse Club if you're a less than stellar vocalist. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Exactly. Now, I do think when she was younger she forced her voice a lot - I don't think that belt was completely natural and able to maintain as she became a teenager. That's why as she aged it wasn't as strong, but she still had great control during the BOMT / OIDA recordings. It's really during Britney that the shift happens and probably is a combination factor of many things (touring, publicity, smoking, etc, not practicing, focusing more eon dancing).

The topic of the thread wasn't meant to drag her, maybe "cries" wasn't the right word... I just meant ... If I had such a beautiful voice that basically got destroyed (to put it simply) it would be emotional to listen back to something you had that you can't get back. I mean, there was a point in her career where she was NOT known for auto-tune, etc... Producers would comment in her early years how great of a vocalist she was, she only needed to do things in a few takes, didn't need a lot of editing, etc. Obviously this all changed. 

I don't think she listens to her old performances (Given that she has said in the past that she hates watching them).

I think she kinda resigned to being the lipsynching pop star and doesn't try that much anymore. She had incredible control back then, despite using the baby voice.

Listen closely to her vocal run at around 8:00, and pay attention to just how many notes she is hitting in a rapid succession.

Her unique tone and at the time, great vocal control is criminally underrated.

Archived