Would you guys have stanned Britney if she would have done Sheryl Crow's style of music ?

Midnight

• Content Curators

I just read that Britney initially envisioned herself singing Sheryl Crow music but younger.

Do you guys think you would have liked her just as much ? 

What did you like from Britney at the beginning was it the music, the visuals or the dancing ?

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

I probably would've liked some of her songs but I don't think I would've necessarily been the avid fan that I am now.

What I have loved about her was her performances and how she always danced hard and on point.

She has such an entrancing vibe when she performs that makes you want more even if she didnt do her best

Probably not, I might like a song here and there but not enough to even consider myself a fan.

I just prefer the kind of music that Britney actually does, plus Britney’s personality, looks/style and the way she performs (esp. in the early days) is what sucked me in. When she arrived on the music scene, she just happened to have the full package that really appealed to me. There’s just something about her.

• Content Curators
6 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Obviously. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Unpopular Opinion: Her singing in her natural deep voice would have stood out, she didn't sound the same as all the other '90s R&B singers, she had this unique quality to her voice before ...Baby One More Time was even thought of. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I agree, I wonder if she still remembers how to sing in her natural voice ? :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Oh phauq yes i would! 

our girl can sing any genre. I’ve always wanted an album were she worked with Melissa Etheridge, Alanis Morissette, Jewel, Lisa Loeb, Jewel, Fiona Apple, Tracy Chapman, Shania Twain, Leeann Rhymes, Dolly Parton, Cher, Stevie Nicks Alicia Keys, Florence and the machine Miley. Country Rock N Roll Rhythm and Blues blue Grass. 

I want Bijouney to go Miranda Lambert Carrie Underwood Lisa LeftEye 

angry desperate housewives GIF
Monster Truck GIF by Checkers & Rally's

arrested development fire GIF by HULU

35 minutes ago, LordofTheMoodRing said:

Oh phauq yes i would! 

our girl can sing any genre. I’ve always wanted an album were she worked with Melissa Etheridge, Alanis Morissette, Jewel, Lisa Loeb, Jewel, Fiona Apple, Tracy Chapman, Shania Twain, Leeann Rhymes, Dolly Parton, Cher, Stevie Nicks Alicia Keys, Florence and the machine Miley. Country Rock N Roll Rhythm and Blues blue Grass. 

I want Bijouney to go Miranda Lambert Carrie Underwood Lisa LeftEye 

angry desperate housewives GIF
Monster Truck GIF by Checkers & Rally's

arrested development fire GIF by HULU

You forgot to say Jewel :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

Yes. I was only 4 or 5 years old when I discovered Britney by watching the BOMT video. I didn't speak English so I didn't understand a single word. But I fell in love instantly with her voice, charisma and natural beauty. It wasn't just the music. It was the whole package. It was HER. And this was confirmed over time. No matter what type of music she does, I always love it. :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

I don't know, but I'd love If this was the new direction for her career.

In fact, I was thinking other day that Britney should just leave pop behind for awhile and risk with the rock-ish or more urban music. And Sheryl crossed my mind as an inspiration.

Britney is from the south, a little country mixed with rock-folk could be a nice change for Britney to start to be seen as an adult artist.

I love pop, but Britney could pull a Gaga doing music she wants to do for some years (Gaga - jazz, Joanne, asib) then do what fans expect from her (Chromatica, gay bops).

Hard to say 

I would love to say yes because I've always liked Sheryl crow however that being said I wouldn't really call myself a fan since I've never actually owned any of her albums and really only know her hits (but I really do like them a lot)

I know Brit said she had imagined herself to be more of an artist similar to Sheryl but I think she said that because at the time that's what was popular with things like Lilith fair etc. Solo female singers were very popular in that style and I think maybe she just idolized in the way that young girls wanted to be her. I think she couldn't have imagined she would be the style/sound she became because it didn't really exist before her

Back to the original question though, I'm not sure i would because there were already so many others and I'm not sure she would have been as successful with that genre at her young age. I think true pop was much more fitting for a teenager and she was the whole package because of the dancing and bubblegum pop sound. 

I think she would've faded away with the turn of the millennium had she done a format like that

Probably I would've liked some of her songs, but wouldn't be a stan.

I've always said it, what really made me a fan of hers was her music videos, back in the day, I don't remember ever listening to her songs on the radio or such BEFORE the music video. Like with BOMT, I didn't get to listen to the album until a neighbor bought the cassette but this was after almost every single had been released already, or probably between Sometimes and Crazy, but then Crazy was different than the one from the cassette, so I really got to listen to it on the videoclip. With OIDIA was the same, we didn't get the album until after Lucky video had come out. 

So unless she was still doing these marvelous videos, I don't think I would've been as thrilled for her. 

Truth is, who knows if she even might have been able to release more than one single if that's the style they went for, she would probably be just a local American artist that didn't go any further with her music, as talented as she might be. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

5 hours ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

Probably not. I feel like there were a lot of female solo artists in the late 90s/early 00s who tried to go the Sheryl Crow route and it just wasn't a niche or a sound that had staying power for most people. And I don't think it was a sound that would have showcased Britney's full range as a performer. 

and I don't think it's a kind of sound people would be expecting from a teenager, I don't think people would've taken her seriously 

Archived