Watch the trailer for the New York Times' new documentary special "Framing Britney Spears"

2 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

NYT emailed me this am saying they apologize they couldn't get out to Vegas to film me with everything going on :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

Still excited to see this doc though :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

They couldn't have a Skype/Zoom chat with you? It's 2021, not 1990. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, kyros said:

did we ever got a reply from the white house thing?

This is such a good question. We should have gotten a reply by now right?

I went to check and apparently the petitions were taken down yesterday by the Biden administration (according to Wikipedia). You click on it and it takes you back to the White House main site.

15 hours ago, Bundy said:

Which one? Where? 

It was called like Fortune Britney or something. It was from 2019. It was sort of biased towards team Britney. So it wasn’t that good. It did say it was bizarre that she is still in a cship though. It was on demand. So idk where else it would be on 

5 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

It was called like Fortune Britney or something. It was from 2019. It was sort of biased towards team Britney. So it wasn’t that good. It did say it was bizarre that she is still in a cship though. It was on demand. So idk where else it would be on 

Oh thanks. Can I ask u where r u from? Ive never heard about this doc before. 

5 hours ago, Bundy said:

Oh thanks. Can I ask u where r u from? Ive never heard about this doc before. 

The US. I know most ppl don’t have cable but it was on demand for me from a channel called Reelz. I guess the whole channel is about celebs. It was called “Britney Spears: Fortune Fight” 

54 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

The US. I know most ppl don’t have cable but it was on demand for me from a channel called Reelz. I guess the whole channel is about celebs. It was called “Britney Spears: Fortune Fight” 

I wonder if theres a way to watch online, but thanks! 

I am so ready for this. I think it could really legitimize the movement and put a fire under the legal system's *** to actually do something and quit stalling! Is this the first mainstream news source that's done any real investigative reporting, not just mentioning protests etc?

• Love 3
  • Like 1
On 1/22/2021 at 6:04 AM, Steel Magnolia said:

At the time, in February 2008, Britney requested that her business manager, Howard Grossman, and Northern Trust bank be her financial co-conservators.

I took from that request that she wasn't against the temporary conservatorship — only against her father being her conservator.

I always assumed she recognized at the time that she was struggling and needed assistance, and didn't necessarily view the temporary conservatorship as a bad thing.

"Streisand had asked the court to instead name Northern Trust Bank and Spears' business manager Howard Grossman as co-conservators."

Source: https://www.mtv.com/news/1580917/britney-spears-lawyer-ejected-from-courtroom-after-judge-doesnt-recognize-him-as-her-counsel/

EDIT:

That's actually Adam Streisand being interviewed in the trailer for the documentary! :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

It certainly calls into question who was responsible for this:

"JON EARDLEY PLANS TO FILE FEDERAL-COURT PAPERS ON THE SINGER'S BEHALF ALLEGING WIRE FRAUD, MONEY LAUNDERING, RACKETEERING."

https://www.mtv.com/news/1582277/britney-spears-has-been-robbed-her-self-proclaimed-lawyer-insists/

The problem with her foolish father is that the conservatorshp was supposed to be temporary.

If she was worth around $40 million back in Feb. 2008, according to Streisand, she was nowhere close to being broke.  And the Circus Tour would have been more than enough to keep her assets above that, in order for her to get out of the spotlight to rehabilitate herself.

I just think there is something seriously wrong with her record contract (s) to keep her in the spotlight and clearly resulted in 2007 and early 2008.

I will only say that if Britney had a chance to restructure her record deal/leave her label back in 2004-2005 and chose NOT to do it, then you have to blame her far more than Federline, her father, larry rudolph, jive etc... 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

"JON EARDLEY PLANS TO FILE FEDERAL-COURT PAPERS ON THE SINGER'S BEHALF ALLEGING WIRE FRAUD, MONEY LAUNDERING, RACKETEERING."

https://www.mtv.com/news/1582277/britney-spears-has-been-robbed-her-self-proclaimed-lawyer-insists/

The problem with her foolish father is that the conservatorshp was supposed to be temporary.

If she was worth around $40 million back in Feb. 2008, according to Streisand, she was nowhere close to being broke.  And the Circus Tour would have been more than enough to keep her assets above that, in order for her to get out of the spotlight to rehabilitate herself.

I just think there is something seriously wrong with her record contract (s) to keep her in the spotlight and clearly resulted in 2007 and early 2008.

I will only say that if Britney had a chance to restructure her record deal/leave her label back in 2004-2005 and chose NOT to do it, then you have to blame her far more than Federline, her father, larry rudolph, jive etc... 

How would she only have 40m in early 2008 when 2 years before she had at least 123 millions? According to an Elle article that she gave an interview to in late 2005. 

Even people magazine said she was worth of at least 100m in february 2008: 

https://people.com/crime/whos-in-charge-of-britney-spearss-money/

I never bought that bs that she was close to being bankrupt. That was team con trying to set a narrative from the start that her dad was saving and her money. But even If she was close to being bankrupt, it was her money, her kids were being taken care of, this isnt an excuse for this type of cship for someone who can provide not only for herself but many others as well. The joke is her dad keeps bragging about what he has done with her finances even tho he he failed at every business he tried, hes ok with giving 500k the second Loucifer asks him even tho Britney isnt even working, and ofc the fact that from what we know, her estate is forever under 60 millions, even tho shes under a cship for 13 years already and lives with 12k a year for personal spending.

39 minutes ago, Bundy said:

How would she only have 40m in early 2008 when 2 years before she had at least 123 millions? According to an Elle article that she gave an interview to in late 2005. 

Even people magazine said she was worth of at least 100m in february 2008: 

https://people.com/crime/whos-in-charge-of-britney-spearss-money/

I never bought that bs that she was close to being bankrupt. That was team con trying to set a narrative from the start that her dad was saving and her money. But even If she was close to being bankrupt, it was her money, her kids were being taken care of, this isnt an excuse for this type of cship for someone who can provide not only for herself but many others as well. The joke is her dad keeps bragging about what he has done with her finances even tho he he failed at every business he tried, hes ok with giving 500k the second Loucifer asks him even tho Britney isnt even working, and ofc the fact that from what we know, her estate is forever under 60 millions, even tho shes under a cship for 13 years already and lives with 12k a year for personal spending.

That $40-million figure came from Britney herself, though, via Adam Streisand when he presented in court during the first conservatorship proceedings.

He also mentioned a $17-million IRS audit with Jive.

Plus, I've never been able to find an article stating the outcome of the lawsuit between Britney and her insurance company over the Onyx Hotel tour cancellation. Her insurance company was refusing to cover it.

Either way, $40-million isn't anything to sneeze at, and certainly did not make her "broke" in the way that Jamie and Andrew Wallet liked to portray her as an excuse for creating the conservatorship in the first place.

1 hour ago, zxcvb said:

Those claims about RICO Act violations have always nagged at me.

I realize they likely have come straight from Lutfi, since he and Jon Eardley were aligned...But that doesn't make them false. For as wormy as Lutfi is, I can't say I've ever caught him in a lie.

Lutfi had an incentive to have Britney freed from the conservatorship via Eardley — that manager's contract that he orally entered into with Britney. But that doesn't make the RICO allegations a lie.

The thing about her record contracts...Is that Larry makes a huge cut of her income. I've always wondered if Larry and the entire gang of them pressured her into agreeing to things that she shouldn't have. And I think she's hinted at such many times.

• Like 3