Why wasn’t Gimme More performed in The Circus Starring Britney Spears?

FemmeFataleBrit

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I do think it has to do with the fact that the tour was 2 years after GM and her bad performance

that she was still scarred/coping with it.

I guess she got over it by the time the FF tour started

I agree. I think it would have been amazing for her to perform Gimme More with the same energy she exhibited throughout the Circus tour as a big middle finger to everyone who thought her career was over after the 07 VMA's and she should apologize and whatever other nonsense people were spewing at her.

I totally understand her hesitation with it though. I remember one of the first scenes from For the Record was her and Brett talking in a limo about how the VMA's were going to do some kind of special honoring her performances over the years and she immediately got nervous and asked if they were going to include the one from 2007. When Brett said they weren't, she asked again and still looked nervous, which seemed like she needed more reassurance that MTV would not draw any more attention to it. 

I think by the time the FF tour started, she seemed more broken down after learning the conservatorship was likely permanent and resigned herself to just doing whatever people wanted her to do. I would love to believe that she had some input in making the FF performance so distinct from the VMA performance with the remixed version that people wouldn't even be able to compare the two

On 1/21/2021 at 3:21 PM, pablitonizer said:

I remember by the end of 2009 BS.com posted a few "secrets and facts" we didn't know about The Circus tour, and one these was the Gimme more explanation. If I remember correctly Gimme more was planned to be part of the tour but Britney didn't have enough time to reharse properly for it so they decided to leave it as an interlude remix instead :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Among other secrets was the "merry christmas" yelling during a summer date which was a bet between Britney and Larry, and Britney lost so she had to say "Meeeeeeeerry Christmasssss" :drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

Omg do you remember any other facts or secrets?? :disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses:

On 1/21/2021 at 7:28 PM, Alio said:

Honestly that was a huge scandal among the fan community, I think it has to do with the VMAS performance...

but anyway any person who took such a flop of a decision needs to be fired, and if it comes from Britney well I'm sorry but she needs to be fired aswell !!! ...And rehired of course because, you know, we need her, Myah Marie can't do all the work.

Tea Hair Flip GIF by MOODMAN

:orangu_orangutan_ape: :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, britneyluv said:

I agree. I think it would have been amazing for her to perform Gimme More with the same energy she exhibited throughout the Circus tour as a big middle finger to everyone who thought her career was over after the 07 VMA's and she should apologize and whatever other nonsense people were spewing at her.

I totally understand her hesitation with it though. I remember one of the first scenes from For the Record was her and Brett talking in a limo about how the VMA's were going to do some kind of special honoring her performances over the years and she immediately got nervous and asked if they were going to include the one from 2007. When Brett said they weren't, she asked again and still looked nervous, which seemed like she needed more reassurance that MTV would not draw any more attention to it. 

I think by the time the FF tour started, she seemed more broken down after learning the conservatorship was likely permanent and resigned herself to just doing whatever people wanted her to do. I would love to believe that she had some input in making the FF performance so distinct from the VMA performance with the remixed version that people wouldn't even be able to compare the two

Yeah that would've been great.

I think that she was still fragile during that time and didnt want anything to do with 2007.

Oh yeah I remember that scene, she must've and still might be embarrassed by it.

I wouldnt be suprised, her spirit really broke during the FF era and you can tell she just gave up.

I feel so bad for her.

I wonder how she feels about when she performs songs from Blackout.

Does she resent it or does she embrace it?

Archived