Madonna releases Madame X Tour trailer

2 hours ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

I thought RH tour was a little too “trying to hard”.  Like she invited celeb guests, had loads of dancers, and flashy remixes.  The lights were burning bright and the pyro was flashy too.  It took away from the presence that is Madonna.  Madame X was actually really well produced and put together, it was a concept.  Very theatrical, I wouldn’t say it was a full force “play” but a concept displayed through performance.  To me it just looked better, and actually felt authentic to Madonna. 

I don't know what it was about RH tour. I think I was just bored? Or perhaps she started around Midnight and she wanted us to get our cooches thrusting and I was praying that the buses in downtown Miami still ran till 3 so I wouldn't be stuck somewhere downtown till 6 am in the morning (and then get home around 7 or 8 am to go to sleep). I couldn't enjoy it. Actually I just recalled I did end up getting stuck downtown and didn't want to pay the cab fee. So I ended up getting a Medium pepperoni pizza from 7 Eleven and prayed I didn't get ******** all night. Anyway ... HOLY TANGENT ... but in any case, I just remembered it was like any other concert. Usually she has a message, but none of her new songs resonated that well for me. I don't think she performed Ghosttown either, which I loved at the time. 

Oh well, I guess I could have shelled out for the back row seats. Thankfully we got this at least. I'll find out if it was worth it or not. Thanks for the input!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I felt the MDNA tour was a lot like the Rebel Heart tour. So it felt a bit lacklustre and rehashed. Hard Candy tour was amazing! I skipped Madame X cause it looked weird. Wasn’t it like a play? In any case, biting my tongue now. Wish I kinda went but prices were also ridiculous too so I don’t know. I’m front row baby, nothing less. 

Well MDNA was first. I saw Confessions and MDNA Tours and they were amazing.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, britneyluv said:

I would love to see her live, and almost booked tickets for the original Madame X tour when she came to Philly but I think it was during a weeknight, the tickets were outrageously expensive, it was pretty much official that she didn't plan on starting anywhere near on time, and the cell phone ban was stupid. Your fans are shelling out a good chunk of their hard earned money to come enjoy your performance, are probably going to be exhausted at work the next day because you know you're probably not starting until close to midnight, and you're really gonna give them a big middle finger and make them wait around even longer after the show to get their phones because.....? :squintney_britney_confused_huh_what_umm_ok_glory:

It just left a bad taste in my mouth. Even Mariah wouldn't act like that :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Yeah it's understood if you go to a Madonna show you wait around. But it was worth it the two times I saw her. And she had DJ's so it's not like you were just sitting there. For MDNA she had Benny Benassi so that was actually pretty cool to see him. As adults the late nights were fine, it's not like we had a bedtime. Her team paid for the metro to stay open late for the MDNA show I saw lol so that wasn't a problem. It was like being at the best club of the night.

Also, I LOVE that she banned cell phones. It makes people actually watch the show and live in the moment. But I'm pretty sure fans just had to put them in a bag they provided, they didn't have to go get their phones at the end or anything.

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

Wow really? 

Thats cool.

I actually wanted to go see her live but the tickets were WAY too expensive and plus after hearing all the horror stories of her being really late and being a bich to her fans, it just turned me off.

I really wish I was alive back in her prime and saw her in one of her first tours, I dont think she did that back then

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, PickleSpears said:

Yeah it's understood if you go to a Madonna show you wait around. But it was worth it the two times I saw her. And she had DJ's so it's not like you were just sitting there. For MDNA she had Benny Benassi so that was actually pretty cool to see him. As adults the late nights were fine, it's not like we had a bedtime. Her team paid for the metro to stay open late for the MDNA show I saw lol so that wasn't a problem. It was like being at the best club of the night.

Also, I LOVE that she banned cell phones. It makes people actually watch the show and live in the moment. But I'm pretty sure fans just had to put them in a bag they provided, they didn't have to go get their phones at the end or anything.

Thanks for the alternative perspective! I'd be fine with a DJ like Benny Benassi at least providing some entertainment and you're right - if you're going to a concert like that, you should expect a late night. I just meant that since her fans are already going to be out late to watch her (and I'm the biggest night owl), it's kind of crappy to make them wait even longer to get their phones back at the end of the night.

I actually wouldn't mind keeping it in a bag with me, since I generally tend to not take videos of concerts and prefer to enjoy them in the moment anyways (ok I took one 30 second video when Britney came to AC but it was during the "WHO IS IT" part so I felt like I had to lol)

I was at Ultra in 2012 when Madonna made a surprise appearance during Avicii's set and the crowd went wild, which was impressive since every single person was already on a higher another level, yet when she shouted out "HOW MANY PEOPLE IN THIS CROWD HAVE SEEN MOLLY", it was one of the most insane moments I've ever witnessed :mae_fire_explosion_dead_spiderman_old_woman:

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Loved them both. MDNA a little less. And RH was like a buttered toast version of MDNA, without the butter if that makes sense. Everything seemed like the same. Like Ariana Grande latest album.

I agree. Confessions was prob the best concert I've ever been to. MDNA was also awesome but Madonna gets worse with age (naturally so). I was supposed to go to the Sticky & Sweet Tour but it didn't work out and I'm okay with that because it didn't look like the best show. I didn't really care to see the Rebel Heart Tour and when I got the BluRay it wasn't great. As much as I love Madonna, I didn't care about the Madame X Tour either bc I don't like the album, I would have had to travel a good ways, and she overall she has lost her touch. I'll def give it a watch though.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I don't know what it was about RH tour. I think I was just bored? Or perhaps she started around Midnight and she wanted us to get our cooches thrusting and I was praying that the buses in downtown Miami still ran till 3 so I wouldn't be stuck somewhere downtown till 6 am in the morning (and then get home around 7 or 8 am to go to sleep). I couldn't enjoy it. Actually I just recalled I did end up getting stuck downtown and didn't want to pay the cab fee. So I ended up getting a Medium pepperoni pizza from 7 Eleven and prayed I didn't get ******** all night. Anyway ... HOLY TANGENT ... but in any case, I just remembered it was like any other concert. Usually she has a message, but none of her new songs resonated that well for me. I don't think she performed Ghosttown either, which I loved at the time. 

Oh well, I guess I could have shelled out for the back row seats. Thankfully we got this at least. I'll find out if it was worth it or not. Thanks for the input!

I agree completely.  Something about Rebel Heart (the entire album era in general) just felt like a MDNA part II.  I do think the album that is RH, was better.  With that being said I felt she just tried to keep the same momentum up without doing something new or exciting.  Rebel Heart Tour just wasn’t anything special, it was a similar shock factor show to her previous tour.  It was entertaining but not special or unique.  She made the experience less than special, because it was so similar to MDNA.  I thought that she could have made it better by making the tour more personal and raw.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

I agree completely.  Something about Rebel Heart (the entire album era in general) just felt like a MDNA part II.  I do think the album that is RH, was better.  With that being said I felt she just tried to keep the same momentum up without doing something new or exciting.  Rebel Heart Tour just wasn’t anything special, it was a similar shock factor show to her previous tour.  It was entertaining but not special or unique.  She made the experience less than special, because it was so similar to MDNA.  I thought that she could have made it better by making the tour more personal and raw.  

You couldn’t have articulated that any more coherently. I also agree, Rebel Heart was a better album. I hope she finds fresh ideas and inspiration soon. The track with Malian wasn’t bad, but Madame X was slightly messy tbh. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

You couldn’t have articulated that any more coherently. I also agree, Rebel Heart was a better album. I hope she finds fresh ideas and inspiration soon. The track with Malian wasn’t bad, but Madame X was slightly messy tbh. 

Madame X was okay.  I don’t think it was her best (definitely not), but I think it had some great gems.  Dark Ballet, God Control, and Back Up To That Beat were my personal favs.  The singles were lacklustre in my opinion.  The performances this era were not it.  But, the tour was surprisingly good, no where near her best, but absolutely wonderful considering the dismal performances she served during early era promo.  If I’m being honest though, I don’t think she’s had a really, really good era since MDNA. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

Madame X was okay.  I don’t think it was her best (definitely not), but I think it had some great gems.  Dark Ballet, God Control, and Back Up To That Beat were my personal favs.  The singles were lacklustre in my opinion.  The performances this era were not it.  But, the tour was surprisingly good, no where near her best, but absolutely wonderful considering the dismal performances she served during early era promo.  If I’m being honest though, I don’t think she’s had a really, really good era since MDNA. 

haha, I would even dare say, Confessions was her last best effort. Everything else seems like a lukewarm version of that era - more or less. I watch that tour and something about it is just so touching (vs. scratching her couch). 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block