The whole ghost singer situation is kinda scary...

femmefatoole

My friend text me a couple evenings ago now with the following:

”Have you heard Britney Spears - Zombie before? It’s quite good.”

I am certain y’all will have heard the recording in question below:

And what’s scary is, clearly we can differentiate between this persons voice and Britney’s but for somebody who doesn’t really pay much attention to Britney - she can easily be replicated.

Like if they really wanted to they could polish off all sorts of recordings with an imposter and the GP wouldn’t be the wiser... after all not many were in the know and still aren’t when it comes to Britney Jean.

I’ll admit even sometimes I’m fooled, I didn’t notice Britney Jean was filled in until I read stuff you guys n gals were posting.

I thought Passenger’s famous note at 01:54 was Brit hitting it outta the park :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I also believed this was her for YEARS:

So to boil it down - Azaelia Banks style, what this post is meant to be is just me venting my frustrations and fear that we will begin to get full on fabricated “Britney Spears” records before we see the end of this conservatorship.

SITS was such a serve and thanks to the stems we can rest assured that she was present, although imo many blanks were filled in and I just don’t like the idea of the GP catching wind of that and thinking she needs the help when really she doesn’t want to work at the moment.

What are y’all thoughts?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, mannequin19 said:

i agree! they can just continue dropping songs like matches, sits, etc., and britney never even has to enter the studio....they can exploit her without people knowing

I’m glad it ain’t just me :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

I really do think they might continue with those type of releases, obviously they’ll not be able to produce a fresh album without major speculation but it’s still a huge concern with regards to singles...

My mother has lived through my Britney obsession with me but she only really catches on to her singles / music videos and when she heard SITS her first response was “Is that even her” which is a legit response because she’s buried in production but I hate the idea of that being a possibility as common knowledge to the GP :ahhhhh_britney_scream_scared_panic_shocked_surprised:

Girl no disrespect but come on lol :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: first and foremost those demos sound NOTHING like her. Sure a non fan would probably believe it if they listened like once in the background and believe it’s her as long as they read “_____ - Britney Spears” but even a casual fan/non stan would be able to be like “wtf? lol that’s not Britney”

Even back in 2013 when I was playing Britney Jean (before the Myah mess blew up) my mom was listening too and said “eh, this doesn’t sound like Britney at all” which I thought was funny because look what happened lol I think it’s easy to trick the GP with Myah songs but if they ever do another release where Myah is dubbing for Britney the fans will be so quick to call it out

I wish fans would stop ranking SITS with Britney Jean. Yes there is a background singer who is a tad bit louder than Britney but the BGV are NOT meant to fill in for Britney nor is the singer even trying to copy Britney’s voice. There’s a difference between enhancing someone’s voice by adding BGV vs trying to pass off someone else’s vocals as the singer entirely. This is not the case if SITS

My question for this entire fanbase is why don’t you guys give this same energy to Early Mornin’ and He About to Lose Me? Where the hooks are entirely sung by background singers? Heck, why don’t you guys give this same energy to Toxic where Britney is heavily backed up by Cathy Dennis?? Or the entirety of her first two albums where Britney is backed up by a choir and Max Martin?

background singers have been with Britney her entire career but this fanbase swears they’ve been sold a lie for the last 20 years. We’ve had 1 badly produced album and you guys have to re-examine her entire career and question EVERYTHING. Background singers singing hooks, harmonizing, or being notably heard throughout entire songs is NOT just a Britney thing it is industry standard. This is the ONLY fanbase who gets pissed when they hear anyone but the main artist it is honestly really annoying lol

ariana grande stans get excited when they hear Victoria Monet in the background. Victoria Money has an amazing similar tone to Ariana and is present on a lot of her songs. Victoria Monet isn’t trying to pass herself off as Ariana though, she’s just doing her job as a background vocalist. 

the producers for Britney Jean really messed up because Myah Marie was definitely lead on some parts of the album, but her vocals were beautifully mixed in Circus and Femme Fatale. No one complained then lol

8 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Girl no disrespect but come on lol :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: first and foremost those demos sound NOTHING like her. Sure a non fan would probably believe it if they listened like once in the background and believe it’s her as long as they read “_____ - Britney Spears” but even a casual fan/non stan would be able to be like “wtf? lol that’s not Britney”

Even back in 2013 when I was playing Britney Jean (before the Myah mess blew up) my mom was listening too and said “eh, this doesn’t sound like Britney at all” which I thought was funny because look what happened lol I think it’s easy to trick the GP with Myah songs but if they ever do another release where Myah is dubbing for Britney the fans will be so quick to call it out

I wish fans would stop ranking SITS with Britney Jean. Yes there is a background singer who is a tad bit louder than Britney but the BGV are NOT meant to fill in for Britney nor is the singer even trying to copy Britney’s voice. There’s a difference between enhancing someone’s voice by adding BGV vs trying to pass off someone else’s vocals as the singer entirely. This is not the case if SITS

My question for this entire fanbase is why don’t you guys give this same energy to Early Mornin’ and He About to Lose Me? Where the hooks are entirely sung by background singers? Heck, why don’t you guys give this same energy to Toxic where Britney is heavily backed up by Cathy Dennis?? Or the entirety of her first two albums where Britney is backed up by a choir and Max Martin?

background singers have been with Britney her entire career but this fanbase swears they’ve been sold a lie for the last 20 years. We’ve had 1 badly produced album and you guys have to re-examine her entire career and question EVERYTHING. Background singers singing hooks, harmonizing, or being notably heard throughout entire songs is NOT just a Britney thing it is industry standard. This is the ONLY fanbase who gets pissed when they hear anyone but the main artist it is honestly really annoying lol

ariana grande stans get excited when they hear Victoria Monet in the background. Victoria Money has an amazing similar tone to Ariana and is present on a lot of her songs. Victoria Monet isn’t trying to pass herself off as Ariana though, she’s just doing her job as a background vocalist. 

the producers for Britney Jean really messed up because Myah Marie was definitely lead on some parts of the album, but her vocals were beautifully mixed in Circus and Femme Fatale. No one complained then lol

I have nothing, nothing, NOTHINGG :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Your reply was close to perfect if not actually perfect... so much so that I don’t think I even have qualms with background vocals anymore. 

The point with Early Mornin, Toxic & HATLM was excellent, I love all of those songs whilst being fully aware that there’s distinct vocals by another person on there! 

I guess I’m not giving the general public nor am I giving Britney enough credit, she’s legendary and even the public will be able to decipher faux records as being legitimate or not. Everybody knows that voice...

Funnily enough my friend who thought Zombie was Britney’s song was able to see it wasn’t her the moment I put that bug in his brain.

Like I said in the original topic I was just worried about listeners; say radio listeners, heard a Myah track which was under Britney’s name and weren’t really paying attention - they’d think it was her & once clarified that it wasn’t they’d begin to think she needs help in the singing department when really it’s just her team overstepping their bounds.

Again, I very much appreciate such an articulate reply :walkonby_britney_sunglasses_walking_oh_hi_smile:

9 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

i only knew about the Mia Marie scandal. I had no idea for all the other references. So, its true; she is/was completely manufactured, micromanaged and manipulated. 

I always wished she had sung this. For two weeks after discovering it I thought it was her lol, totally obsessed

12 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

With Britney it sounded like she was singing both the background vocals and lead vocals just in different keys so she'd harmonize with herself. At least, that's what I always assumed was happening in Circus (the song) until I heard the lead vocals

0:44

I love Britney's vocals on it, and actually have been listening to this version a lot, but I'm not gonna sit here and act like I wasn't disappointed when I realized Myah sings the high notes in the pre-chorus. It's my favorite part lol

23 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

I always wished she had sung this. For two weeks after discovering it I thought it was her lol, totally obsessed

With Britney it sounded like she was singing both the background vocals and lead vocals just in different keys so she'd harmonize with herself. At least, that's what I always assumed was happening in Circus (the song) until I heard the lead vocals

0:44

I love Britney's vocals on it, and actually have been listening to this version a lot, but I'm not gonna sit here and act like I wasn't disappointed when I realized Myah sings the high notes in the pre-chorus. It's my favorite part lol

Oh my god, we the same :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

Sorry Adam is one of my all time favourite songs. I remember hearing it from here for the first time and falling in love. Britney’s vocals would have been perfection for this song, I wish that she had recorded her own version! I can see a MV, performance, everything.

Circus’ pre chorus is my favourite part as well, I was properly deflated when I found out it wasn’t her. I too thought the song was just different layers of her voice stacked up against each other. It’s still an amazing song, obviously! 
Also love the username :gelis_britney_candies_flirting_sexy:

Theres a difference when your trying to Express talent and art vs trying to make money and sell records. Talent and art can be delivered by the artist with very little help and I  return people show appreciation with spending money on their acts and products. 

When you are just trying to make money, the art and the artist are disregarded and the mindset is we alter the artist and the product to satisfy the public's need with whatever type of song they think will sell. This is when artist say they lack freedom with their career.

22 hours ago, femmefatoole said:

My friend text me a couple evenings ago now with the following:

”Have you heard Britney Spears - Zombie before? It’s quite good.”

I am certain y’all will have heard the recording in question below:

And what’s scary is, clearly we can differentiate between this persons voice and Britney’s but for somebody who doesn’t really pay much attention to Britney - she can easily be replicated.

Like if they really wanted to they could polish off all sorts of recordings with an imposter and the GP wouldn’t be the wiser... after all not many were in the know and still aren’t when it comes to Britney Jean.

I’ll admit even sometimes I’m fooled, I didn’t notice Britney Jean was filled in until I read stuff you guys n gals were posting.

I thought Passenger’s famous note at 01:54 was Brit hitting it outta the park :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I also believed this was her for YEARS:

So to boil it down - Azaelia Banks style, what this post is meant to be is just me venting my frustrations and fear that we will begin to get full on fabricated “Britney Spears” records before we see the end of this conservatorship.

SITS was such a serve and thanks to the stems we can rest assured that she was present, although imo many blanks were filled in and I just don’t like the idea of the GP catching wind of that and thinking she needs the help when really she doesn’t want to work at the moment.

What are y’all thoughts?

The first one is totally not her.... on the second clip, a newborn fan would say it’s her 😂

18 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

This post is so on point. I was gonna say the same about the Ariana/Victoria thing. With Victoria doing vocals for Ariana, no one in her team has ever tried to promote the songs like the vocals are all Ariana. Ariana has said in interviews that Victoria does background vocals for her at times, writes for/with her, and overall plays a big part in her sound. With Britney, her team have always been extremely secretive about it. IMO, If they were to just be honest, or at least have Britney herself say that Myah Marie also does vocals for/with her, then I wouldn't be as annoyed about it. But the producers royally screwed it up, especially on Britney Jean.

9 hours ago, femmefatoole said:

Like I said in the original topic I was just worried about listeners; say radio listeners, heard a Myah track which was under Britney’s name and weren’t really paying attention - they’d think it was her & once clarified that it wasn’t they’d begin to think she needs help in the singing department when really it’s just her team overstepping their bounds.

I think a lot of the GP would honestly still think Myah is Britney if they were under the pretense that it *is* Britney. But in all honesty, when Britney doesn’t sound exactly like she does in let’s say “3” (super baby voice) they get questionable. I remember in 2014 Chelsea Handler accused Perfume not being sung by Britney at all, which is funny considering that’s one of the only songs with her vocals entirely.

I understand your point, I think I just started projecting my anger @ fans who *do* get mad whenever they realize a background singer who isnt Britney is present :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

it reminds me of some time in 2014/15 when a fan went to the Britney store that was inside Planet Hollywood and they recorded a video that showed “Feet on the Ground” by Myah was playing (that store’s gimmick was that it ONLY played Britney) :eyes_britney_laugh:

Archived