Throwback Tuesday: Britney Spears appears on CD:UK in 2002 (January 19)

PokemonSpears

So I need a lot of consultation with you @CJMCH :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: 'cause all of these performances are always so confusing to me with them being pre-recorded and aired at a later date. So Wikipedia points out to this setlist website saying she performed Overprotected and Stronger on January 18, then it aired on January 19, but then I see this Slave performance as well that isn't mentioned anywhere else. Did all three performances air together? 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Isla said:

Okay but why did she perform Stronger though?

She did a lot of performances of Stronger during the Britney era. It was like Boys/Slave during ITZ.

3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

So I need a lot of consultation with you @CJMCH :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: 'cause all of these performances are always so confusing to me with them being pre-recorded and aired at a later date. So Wikipedia points out to this setlist website saying she performed Overprotected and Stronger on January 18, then it aired on January 19, but then I see this Slave performance as well that isn't mentioned anywhere else. Did all three performances air together? 

This was very confusing to me back when I didn't know what was happening with CD:UK in general. :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

The reason why they didn't mention Slave is because, technically, she didn't perform it on CD:UK, but on SMTV Live. CD:UK was a conjuction to that program, it wasn't a program by itself after December 2003 when SMTV ended, so that's the reason why they used the same set. So, she did Stronger + Overprotected for CD:UK and Slave with the Crossroads interview for SMTV.

Stronger was also rebroadcasted on CD Live too. :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

9 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

She did a lot of performances of Stronger during the Britney era. It was like Boys/Slave during ITZ.

This was very confusing to me back when I didn't know what was happening with CD:UK in general. :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

The reason why they didn't mention Slave is because, technically, she didn't perform it on CD:UK, but on SMTV Live. CD:UK was a conjuction to that program, so that's the reason why they used the same set. So, she did Stronger + Overprotected for CD:UK and Slave with the Crossroads interview for SMTV.

Stronger was also rebroadcasted on CD Live too. :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

aaah so now I get it, yeah I've seen several performances that seem to happen on the same set but they're for different tv shows, especially on her trips to Europe. It makes sense now :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

aaah so now I get it, yeah I've seen several performances that seem to happen on the same set but they're for different tv shows, especially on her trips to Europe. It makes sense now :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

True that, Top of the Pops is another mess because TOTP Germany and TOTP UK kind of look the same + TOTP UK has its variant called TOTP Saturday UK. :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

Archived