Olivia Rodrigo's new song "Drivers License" hits #1 on Billboard and breaks Spotify streaming record

12 hours ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

Most of those artist work a lot to get a successful song on the media, a tour, etc... And using payola is a record label move, it doesn’t come usually  from the singer. How Ariana, Billie, Dua and so many others got to the number one in the charts? It didn’t happened in a week!!! We aren’t bitter and we aren’t fools... I never heard the song nowhere and that’s not usual when a song is successful. And what about that love triangle story? PURE MARKETING!!!

Is not usual at all that a song that nobody heard got so many success just in a few days. That’s not the way things happens, specially when we all saw a lot of artist coming from nothing to a global success. But the most important thing, what make people think that his label is using payola is this (And I believe most people think the same as me):

i dont know her mariah carey GIF

I think this song is being mainly carried by Tik Tok and Gen Z., definitely not Payola. The song has been unescapable on Tik Tok since its release also her show on Disney + was very big with the young generation. Additionally to that there's all the drama surrounding the song, and it involving Sabrina Carpenter and her co-star. It all has been building to the hype getting this big. After all young people are the ones who decides what new music becomes popular or not.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

Or it’s because you are young and gullible...

“whyhaven't bigger, more established artists (who are signed to much bigger labels) done the same thing ?“.

You name the artists, not the labels. That’s why I said it’s the labels decision. Also we have the Doja Cat example with Tik Tok: It took weeks and a TV performance for her to get known with “Say So” and even a remix to get to the top of the board, that’s why I think that being viral in that platform is not enough. Tik Tok and Swifters?

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

It is all a marketing move, but it is Ok. Enjoy your jam and that fake love triangle story.

it wasn't just tiktok lol. i am just saying, if it were that easy to get a hit, more labels would be buying them

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block