Can Britney have a 3rd Musical Peak

sugarspiceandnice

I would say she peaked in the 2000s, and then had a career remergence in 2008-2013. She had a Vegas high keeping her on the map and allowing her to lead a new trend before the pandemic between 2013-2018. 
could she have another musical comeback where she could be back on the top again? Whether it’s a #1 album or top charting single. Is it possible? 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a sense. Was Kesha able to make a good comeback after she had a career pause? No, but I don't think people were looking for growth in Kesha like they were for Britney and people have always cared about Britney's personal life. It certainly wouldn't be achieved with any of the promotional tactics from the Glory, Britney Jean or Femme Fatale eras however.

Currently, I think people would love a return to form for Britney (meaning a hot dance pop bop), together with a ballad that shows her emotions about the situation she's been in. For once in her career, I think releasing a ballad as the lead single followed by a good bop would be the way to go, unless she releases a song like Overprotected as the lead. A GOOD, heart to heart interview with someone like Ellen would probably go viral / a Netflix documentary. I don't think highly of Ellen, but Britney and Ellen's relationship has always seemed nice and Ellen does have a huge platform. 

23 minutes ago, Dussiniers said:

Of course! :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Millions of fans are waiting :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped: She's coming after she's free :jumpney_britney_green_excited_yay:

I really want her to be free before anything!

14 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

In a sense. Was Kesha able to make a good comeback after she had a career pause? No, but I don't think people were looking for growth in Kesha like they were for Britney and people have always cared about Britney's personal life. It certainly wouldn't be achieved with any of the promotional tactics from the Glory, Britney Jean or Femme Fatale eras however.

Currently, I think people would love a return to form for Britney (meaning a hot dance pop bop), together with a ballad that shows her emotions about the situation she's been in. For once in her career, I think releasing a ballad as the lead single followed by a good bop would be the way to go, unless she releases a song like Overprotected as the lead. A GOOD, heart to heart interview with someone like Ellen would probably go viral / a Netflix documentary. I don't think highly of Ellen, but Britney and Ellen's relationship has always seemed nice and Ellen does have a huge platform. 

I don’t think she should do something with Ellen because it’s not the right platform and I also feel as if Ellen is in some hot water anyway. would be interesting if she could go on the Red Table and maybe an interview with Oprah (assuming she’s ready for that) or something more simple with like an interviewer she was comfortable with during her earlier career perhaps? 

the Netflix documentary would be of course the largest platform to promote it, but it would also require revisiting her biggest career moments and scandals... as well as confronting the Instagram conservatorship uncertainty and free Britney stuff 

Absolutely. The entire world is on Britney’s side at this point and just waiting for her freedom. If Britney wants to, she can set up a massive return to music and Hollywood in general. She’s a beloved icon. The GP’s worry for her will turn into a craving to see her at her best again once she hopefully breaks free from her legal chains. Imagine a massive first single, followed by album press release and an interview style documentary/docuseries that she is in control of, with a new Vegas show that occasionally travels internationally with a Suberbowl gig that cements her legendary status as one of the all time GOAT’s. 

She definitely could have another peak.  Not as huge of a peak as the 2000s, but she also hit big peaks with Vegas and Work *****, still being known today and possibly a good candidate to add to her signature songs list, if it's not already there (I consider it to be).  She does need a big dance pop hit to tell people she is back and not playing games.  Like others have said, she should open up to a degree to express her feelings about her personal life, but once that is all cleared, then she could release a different sounding song than usual (maybe 3rd or 4th single) and really work on it to become a hit and have people realize she can do more than just dance pop.  She needs to be visible again like talks shows, red carpets, award shows even if just as a presenter.  She is in the public eye for her personal life, and when she is ready, it is time for her to be in the public eye for music again.  I want that excitement from back in the day, like can't wait to get home to catch her on a talk show, or having jitters the day of an award show because she is going to be performing.

I think she could however lots will need to change and i would only ever want another album/single etc unless she is completely free from the legal issues and is happy to return, interested and invested! 

I almost feel like a EP/mixtape kinda release introducing a completely new sound and look etc with a few cute promo vids would work amazingly. And then to drop the album with a grown, more **** vibe.

Musically, she absolutely needs to go along the lines of SITS, Mood Ring, Invitation, Just Luv Me etc. THAT sound is perfect for Britney now, she can also move into a Sade, sensual type sound too.. she can still have a few uptempo bops too. 

3 minutes ago, Salsa555 said:

Very much so, my instincts tell me she will have a 3rd and final peak and it will be huge because she'll be free/her evolved self.

Why do you think it would be final? Do you think the vinyl evolution of Britney Spears awaits us? Like her vinyl stage as a performer. 

12 minutes ago, Musicandsoul said:

I think she could however lots will need to change and i would only ever want another album/single etc unless she is completely free from the legal issues and is happy to return, interested and invested! 

I almost feel like a EP/mixtape kinda release introducing a completely new sound and look etc with a few cute promo vids would work amazingly. And then to drop the album with a grown, more **** vibe.

Musically, she absolutely needs to go along the lines of SITS, Mood Ring, Invitation, Just Luv Me etc. THAT sound is perfect for Britney now, she can also move into a Sade, sensual type sound too.. she can still have a few uptempo bops too. 

I like the idea of a few passion projects and then maybe an album. A more Janet meets Sade is such a natural progression from the songs you listed and Breathe on Me, Outta This World, and other deep cuts in her catalogue 

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=324735&title=BIG-CHANGES-AT-RCA%3A-EDGE-UPS-PITTS-TO-PREZ%2C-FLECK-TO-COO%3B-RICCITELLI-TO-EXIT

Just came across this article dated January 15th.  It says big changes at RCA.  It looks as if they are shaking things up.  Joe Riccitelli who Britney has worked with since the beginning of her career is leaving, but does not say why.  It looks as if they are trying to energize things.  I hope it wakes up RCA to properly promote their artists and when Britney is ready for her next peak, they will give her all of their support.

I think if she speaks up about what she has went through, she'd gain so much support and respect.

Depending on her hopefully new management and how they approach this, she could have a massive comeback - i'd love her to be an advocate for mental health and conservatorship abuse. People need a voice, she could be that voice for those suffering similar to her.

absolutely, if she so desires. 

We can’t forget that, whatever it is she does, Britney is a top notch entertainer. She catches people’s attention whenever it is, wherever she goes.

She’s still young and musically speaking, there’s a lot she can explore and put out there... she hasn’t experimented a lot out the pop realms. There’s literally dozens of opportunities she can venture herself in.

12 hours ago, sugarspiceandnice said:

Why do you think it would be final? Do you think the vinyl evolution of Britney Spears awaits us? Like her vinyl stage as a performer. 

I reckon deep down she is ready to leave the industry? But who knows. Also age plays a factor in Hollywood, after 40 i think it is difficult to have major 'peaks' as an artist because the younger generation are stanning younger artists. Obvi once legend status is reached, you'll always be memorable, but staying relevant all the time is a challenge.

52 minutes ago, Salsa555 said:

I reckon deep down she is ready to leave the industry? But who knows. Also age plays a factor in Hollywood, after 40 i think it is difficult to have major 'peaks' as an artist because the younger generation are stanning younger artists. Obvi once legend status is reached, you'll always be memorable, but staying relevant all the time is a challenge.

I think the age thing in Hollywood is a thing for actors. Because, uhm,  Jennifer Lopez?! 😁 she was everywhere for the last 2 years! Or Gwen Stefani...

I would wish for Britney to have a team like JLo's. Surrounded by an army of gay men making her look like the superstar icon she is 😍😀 *dreams* haha

Archived