Jump to content

"Oops!...I Did It Again" Is Britney's Peak & Here's Why...- A Thread


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I always feel like Britney doesn’t like Oops that much. She always favours BOMT. Probably only because it was her first but she’s missed it from a few tours too. 

I’d say Britney era and OIDIA were defiantly her peak.

Nah. Britney herself said that she felt personally that the OIDIA album was better than the BOMT record, i think she likes this album more since it isnt so dreamy and cheesy like her debut record but yeah i agree on that last sentence

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Nah. Britney herself said that she felt personally that the OIDIA album was better than the BOMT record, i think she likes this album more since it isnt so dreamy and cheesy like her debut record but yeah i agree on that last sentence

Oops as an album feels better than BOMT in every way so I'm not surprised. The only real critique I have of it is that Britney stopped exploring her voice all that much after and I'm sure that after they saw what a huge success it was they encouraged her to just keep going with it. 

 

BTW, I didn't know the BOMT VMA performance was infamous. What was it critiqued for?

  • Love 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

Oops as an album feels better than BOMT in every way so I'm not surprised. The only real critique I have of it is that Britney stopped exploring her voice all that much after and I'm sure that after they saw what a huge success it was they encouraged her to just keep going with it. 

Exactly. The album is light-years ahead BOMT, since it is more mature, better-produced, composed, and a well done album and it doesnt sound weird to listen to in 2021. 

13 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

BTW, I didn't know the BOMT VMA performance was infamous. What was it critiqued for?

Oh nothing! I just said infamous as in like "oh did u hear that britney performed last night for the VMAs?" like that

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oops era had the third-best photo-shoots of her career after Blackout and In The Zone. And two of my all-time favorite pictures of her. I can´t find them. She is laying on a couch with red boots on.And on the other one  she wears a black dress and hold something in her hands.

 

532fd404e00928c8f069e38bb12e57b0--britne55d0652444b7f_357850b.jpg

 

 
 

Britney20Spears004-vi_original.jpgNMZhqfbRUODAaxP6xyCXtmZXv9ZWyU4vRiLQG01-d14a82863b0218cd6ed1468208aa91ed--britne Quellbild anzeigenbritnp2000.jpgtumblr_os0plbWSvH1wrdql6o1_640.jpgd93561cb3ce079fcce031eae8383530e522b2770

 

 
 

Britney-2000-britney-spears-6827311-450- 06601db5b74fa66429a846b791ed1e23.jpg

 

 
 
  • Love 7
Link to comment
24 minutes ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

I think there are different peaks in Britneys timeline..

 

Peak in popularity/sales: I agree with you is 2000

peak in beauty: probably 2001

Peak in artistry and dance is: 2003

Peak in media interest: 2000 or 2007

Peak in tour gross: 2009

sadly all her peaks are pre-2010... :( 

I agree with all of them except the peak in beauty part :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
23 minutes ago, Cinderella85 said:

Oops era had the third-best photo-shoots of her career after Blackout and In The Zone. And two of my all-time favorite pictures of her. I can´t find them. She is laying on a couch with red boots on.And on the other one  she wears a black dress and hold something in her hands.

Gotta agree! she looks so cute when she was in this photoshoot :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

Link to comment

I loved the OIDIA era. My cousin and I both went to Virgin Megastore with my parents in Miami to buy the CD’s. We played the **** out of them in our CD players. 

She was on MTV and VH1 ALL DAY. I mean the world revolved around her those days. 

I do remember playing the CD so much that it eventually got scratches on it and some of my fave songs on the album would skip when I tried to listen to it :( 

Also regarding the VMA performance, I really thought she was n0Od when she ripped off her suit... it took a bit to realize she was wearing a skin colored outfit underneath. Anyway the performance rocked my little kid heart. Ugh I miss the good ol’ days.

  • Love 5
Link to comment
42 minutes ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

I think there are different peaks in Britneys timeline..

 

Peak in popularity/sales: I agree with you is 2000

peak in beauty: probably 2001

Peak in artistry and dance is: 2003

Peak in media interest: 2000 or 2007

Peak in tour gross: 2009

sadly all her peaks are pre-2010... :( 

Peak on charts: 2011 :bedtime_britney_book_Reading: Sorry 

  • Love 4
  • Like 3
Link to comment

The part where you said that she was a singer in BOMT and became a celebrity in the Britney era made me realize that yeah she was a globally adored icon during OIDIA. Even kids still loved her at the time. She lost many kid fans in 2001 so her peak as the Britney mega pop star is definitely 2000.

  • Love 2
  • Like 4
Link to comment
48 minutes ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

I think there are different peaks in Britneys timeline..

Peak in artistry and dance is: 2003

Peak in media interest: 2000 or 2007

The combination of 'Toxic' and the self-composed 'Everytime' is why I make the argument In The Zone is her peak artistically (even though lots of songs she recorded at that time probably should have replaced Outrageous)

And you also can't say she needed a longer break before In The Zone because you could easily make that case for each of her preceding eras too ('Oops' in 2000 and 'Britney' in 2001; she was already in that machine before In The Zone)  As I've said, as great as Blackout is, she arguably should have made significant contractual changes AFTER In The Zone in 2004/2005 to give herself more autonomy in her career to help avoid 2006-2008.

Her peak as a celebrity is definitely either 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 or 2007; all for different reasons.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

I loved the OIDIA era. My cousin and I both went to Virgin Megastore with my parents in Miami to buy the CD’s. We played the **** out of them in our CD players. 

She was on MTV and VH1 ALL DAY. I mean the world revolved around her those days. 

I do remember playing the CD so much that it eventually got scratches on it and some of my fave songs on the album would skip when I tried to listen to it :( 

Also regarding the VMA performance, I really thought she waswhen she ripped off her suit... it took a bit to realize she was wearing a skin colored outfit underneath. Anyway the performance rocked my little kid heart. Ugh I miss the good ol’ days.

Wow, Its so fun as a young person to read stories like this of how times were before i was born, soo fascinating :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

I remember seeing a comment in a youtube video talking about how they went to target in 2000 and the shelves holding the OIDIA copies were sold out, except for 1 which that commentor got. Her power back then was clearly no joke

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block