This Day in Pop: Britney wins four People Choice Awards in 2017 (January 18)

On January 18, 2017 the 43rd People's Choice Awards took place at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. Britney Spears was not there, however, she was the most awarded artist that night, winning all 4 categories she was nominated for:

• Favorite Female Artist (beating Adele, Beyoncé, Ariana Grande and Rihanna)
  • Favorite Pop Artist (beating Adele, Ariana Grande, Sia and Justin Timberlake)
  • Favorite Social Media Celebrity (beating Stephen Amell, Kim Kardashian, Lady Gaga and Shakira)
  • Favorite Comedic Collaboration along with Ellen DeGeneres (beating Adele's Carpool Karaoke, Channing Tatum's Lip Sync Battle, Ice Cube and Kevin Hart's Ride Along and Alec Baldwin and Kate McKinnon's SNL)

Britney Spears did not attend because she was performing in Las Vegas at her Piece of Me residency that night

But she posted the following day a picture with her dancers and crew thanking for the awards, dedicating them to The Britney Army

britney-pca.jpg.7539553e9b37539f86c5e557b4bbaafc.jpg

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, MM0219 said:

Same :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: And not just one award but four? News to me!

2 minutes ago, Needleney said:

Me neither?:enigma_alien_blue: This is new information 

Oh my wow, so im not the only fan whom doesn't know about this!? :shocked_what_xfactor_britney_pink_surprised_wow: 

Apparently, she won over artist like Justin Timberlake's whose fans claim he was more relevant than Britney in the MOTW era :roxxy: @Bundy didn't we talk about how JT really aint that relevant over brit?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Oh my wow, so im not the only fan whom doesn't know about this!? :shocked_what_xfactor_britney_pink_surprised_wow: 

Apparently, she won over artist like Justin Timberlake's whose fans claim he was more relevant than Britney in the MOTW era :roxxy: @Bundy didn't we talk about how JT really aint that relevant over brit?

That was really a surprise that she won over Justin bc didnt that music diarrhea of his was released just months prior this PCA? That garbage of a song was everywhere.  But still in 2016 his image started to change with that Buzzfeed article that went viral. By the time he released MOTW, so many people were against him. When he did the superbowl, people were dragging him left and right for so many things. But this PCA was one year before his MOTW era. Id say that Justin was way more relevant than Britney from 2013-2016, but after cant stop the ****ting, things started changing for him :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

One curious thing is when Ellen won for that shopping mall skit she did with Britney, Justin was the one presenting the award, but Britney wasnt mentioned and Ellen didnt thank Britney at all :nopingout_meme:

5 minutes ago, Bundy said:

That was really a surprise that she won over Justin bc didnt that music diarrhea of his was released just months prior this PCA? That garbage of a song was everywhere.  But still in 2016 his image started to change with that Buzzfeed article that went viral. By the time he released MOTW, so many people were against him. When he did the superbowl, people were dragging him left and right for so many things. But this PCA was one year before his MOTW era. Id say that Justin was way more relevant than Britney from 2013-2016, but after cant stop the ****ting, things started changing for him :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

One curious thing is when Ellen won for that shopping mall skit she did with Britney, Justin was the one presenting the award, but Britney wasnt mentioned and Ellen didnt thank Britney at all :nopingout_meme:

Justin deserved all the hate he got in the MOTW era, have his ex win not 1 but 2-3 awards over him with his album flopping so hard as the cherry on the cake for what he did to Britney back then :nopingout_meme:

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Justin deserved all the hate he got in the MOTW era, have his ex win not 1 but 2-3 awards over him with his album flopping so hard as the cherry on the cake for what he did to Britney back then :nopingout_meme:

He surely did deserve, he got away with so much **** for so many years. I wish Britney ignored his *** the moment he did that radio interview, but for some reason she still had contact (and maybe even an affair) with him for like more 6 months. Then she started shading him and then she seemed she wasnt bothered about him anymore. And he continued talking/shading/mentioning her for more 14 years, even tho he was already on the top of the world :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated: obsessed much? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: 

I hope he got to see all the FreeBritney comments on that pic when he was still with her :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Imagine if she put a little more into the Glory era and it wasn’t ****ed since the beginning? :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: her power with a ****ed up era now imagine without? This could’ve been another peak for her. I’m still hopeful post conservatorship or B10 will be maybe the last peak for her, but she will always have her icon status like Mariah and Madonna 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, Bundy said:

Eww how shady of her. She can't blame that one on her staff. 

The Ellen Is Over Party should have started in 2017, not 2020. :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1