Does Britney have fan presence in Africa? How popular is she in Africa?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also very curious of this question. Any Africans here whom can answer?

I might not be African but during Britney’s peak, Oprah had visited an African country and all the young children came running to her asking whether she knew whom Britney Spears is or not. That’s one piece of the puzzle I have besides her having pretty good sales in the African continent for a Western artist.

3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I might not be African but during Britney’s peak, Oprah had visited an African country and all the young children came running to her asking whether she knew whom Britney Spears is or not. That’s one piece of the puzzle I have besides her having pretty good sales in the African continent for a Western artist.

Oprah was probably like :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

33 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I didnt know this. Can u post it?

2 minutes ago, Invitation said:

Very popular in Asia.

Used to be popular in Australia, but I'm not sure now. All i know is Australian media treated her horribly.

According to Spotify, Sydney is one of the 5 cities that listen more to her there. 

3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

11 minutes ago, popprison said:

Not sure about Africa but I grew up in the Middle East and she was very popular even on the Arabic music channels. Particularly in the early 2000s. And, I did have 2 friends from Uganda who were fans of Brit. They had the Oops album. 

My grandma was born in Africa and I believe she lived in Tanzania for most of her life, anyways she loves Britney as much as Elvis & Whitney and she is 74 so I hope that answers your question. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

16 minutes ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

The Asian tour she had in 2017 tells you everything you need to know, and the fact that her Japanese tour rerelease of Glory sold more than Katy’s witness album in Japan on the week it came out:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

i don't need nor want any of this competition in my life, especially for my favs Katy and the new Godmother Britney (my real Godmother from now on Byotch), but this IS funny in a way

Witness album is fun and funny at the same time maybe not all of it but at least some of it

with music it is a constant battle for me to have all the artists on my mp3 with all the songs that deserve to be there, on one way they deserve or another.

so yeah. i have to check and maybe put more... Katy there

BTW Hudson is so beautiful name,..,.,..,,,

9 hours ago, BabkaAutorka said:

Does anyone know how popular she is in Asia and Australia? 

VERY Huge. Especially in her peak! She has two albums in Asia with over 2 million copies and 4 with over 1.5 million copies. Not only that, but her best market is Philippines, and she has managed to break into smaller markets like Venezuela and India. And her song "Criminal" is HUGE in India, its like one of her biggest hits in that region. She had a Asian + European tour and it grossed like $55 million dollars, with most of the money coming from Asia. I think after Mariah Carey and Celine Dion, Britney is the 3rd best  performing female star.

Britney Spears' Global heatmap - ChartMasters

Whereas for Australia, I can't say much since I am not Australian but I think she is well-known there but not to an extent where they like her. Her peak in Australia was the Circus era.

10 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I'm at least 0.1% of every culture ever. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Imagine being a Canadian whose parents' parents were born in Africa but who is descended from purely North Indians in terms of heritage, welcome to my life. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

I wouldn't be surprised if you one day say that you're fathers grandfather's father's aunty is Japanese :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 

Archived