Katy Perry makes her dog go Vegan

Slayer

Ummmm... Dogs are literally carnivores... We are omnivores...

Surely its incredibly difficult to provide efficient nutrition to a dog on a plant-based diet?

Even if you could theoretically tick all the boxes a dog requires with a vegan diet, the dog's mental health would be absolute *****.

Come on now Katy, just because YOU don't like killing and eating animals, doesn't mean your dog doesn't NEED that meat to sustain it's life.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

Ummmm... Dogs are literally carnivores... We are omnivores...

Surely its incredibly difficult to provide efficient nutrition to a dog on a plant-based diet?

Even if you could theoretically tick all the boxes a dog requires with a vegan diet, the dog's mental health would be absolute *****.

Come on now Katy, just because YOU don't like killing and eating animals, doesn't mean your dog doesn't NEED that meat to sustain it's life.

THIS.

it is not just about nutrition - it’s also about the dogs happiness and there is NO way a dog would thank you for a bowl of plants when it could be eating what it’s body is designed to ingest.

The dog needs to feel fulfilled / satisfied as well as being nourished. Yeah, it might live longer according to these studies but it’ll be miserable.

• Like 4

For everyone overreacting to this:

Vegan food is a possibility for both cats and dogs, feel free to document yourself before making wrong assumptions:

https://www.peta.org/living/animal-companions/vegetarian-cats-dogs/#:~:text=Many%2C but not all%2C dogs,to feeding the previous diet.

Everyone who says she is forcing her dog to go vegan, I guess you go to the supermarket and let your cat or dog try all food and let them decide what to eat? Yeah that is what I supposed. In any case, KP's dog (not that I like her) is eating better food and has a better health care than most of the people here.

Vegan IS a great thing not only for the animals and the people who are eating vegan, but also for the rest who enjoy a less polluted world we share.

So stop being so full of hate for people who go vegetarian or vegan. Just because you don't have the courage to make that change, you don't need to envy the others.

And yes, for the rest who are proud meet-eater, here your favourite video:

• Like 1
On 1/18/2021 at 12:12 PM, Cinderella85 said:

This is cruelty to animals. What´s next? Find a way how lions and other predators can get vegan?!

Feeding you pet vegan food is animal cruelty.

Feeding your pet non vegan food that comes from the meet company that treats animals so badly just so they can have a horrible dead is not animal cruelty?

Prove me wrong.

3 hours ago, THE_MIKY said:

Feeding you pet vegan food is animal cruelty.

Feeding your pet non vegan food that comes from the meet company that treats animals so badly just so they can have a horrible dead is not animal cruelty?

Prove me wrong.

No disrespect - I can tell you are passionate about veganism and I commend you! I’m vegan too :) 

But for cats it’s almost impossible to be vegan - they can die in a matter of hours without a complete Vitamin A - their bodies can’t manufacture it which means they can’t get it from beta carotene (where we get most of ours, in vegetables) and change it to vitamin A like us, it has to come from the source which is mostly found in meat.

https://vethelpdirect.com/vetblog/2020/01/06/im-a-vegan-what-pet-can-i-get/

As for dogs - they stand a better chance of living on plant based diets except they must be supplemented taurine, they’ll never be able to get enough from plants and they also are at risk of severe digestive disease because of the amount of fibre in plants - their intestines are too short to handle that amount of roughage.

Theirs are short because what is meant to travel through must pass at speed to avoid disease from meat - ours are long so that we may absorb as much nutrition as possible, another reason we can get sick on a mostly meat diet because it lingers in our system. 

Basically, it’s cruel either way - you can deny them meat which they definitely prefer and you are thereby saving other animals in slaughterhouses or you can give them what they’re craving which is the meat from a tortured animal - the only consolation is that they actually thrive off it - humans don’t. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block