Would you take your partner's surname if you got married?

Slayer

16 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Yeah, I would. I think it’s sweet and romantic. But I can totally understand if someone wouldn’t want to. My guy and I are engaged and plan on getting married eventually. The name thing is something we’ve talked about a bit, it’s kinda funny and definitely a hetero thing, but I like it. 

so you’ve got your valentine, he better be a lion sis. we love a dom. :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

• Love 1
On 1/16/2021 at 1:03 AM, Slayer said:

Would you take your partner's surname or would you keep your own if you got married?

I know it is considered the 'norm' in hetero***ual relationships, but what is your stance on the topic if you were to get married?

5bafb6781f00002e01231330-2.jpeg.ea16d189498e42a0f3983374d952fb6a.jpeg

It is not just a hetero***ual thing. In Spain the woman does not change her surname, as we have two surnames (first the father and secondly mother's one)

In other countries where the woman is expected to change surnames, there is also the possibility to unify both surnames into one. It is just an option.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

Call me old fashioned but yeah I would.

There is just something so romantic and sweet about having your one true love's last name is like them really being yours, 

Also it kinda reminds me of a simpler time back when couples were faithful and classy; no messy breakups and stuff.

Sometimes I wish I was alive in the 40s/50s cause back then guys were romantic and not all about sx.

I want the relationship that my grandparents had; they were together for 57 years up until my grandpa passed away in 2017.

I just hope at least a 1/4 of that still exists somewhere :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Call me old fashioned but yeah I would.

There is just something so romantic and sweet about having your one true love's last name is like them really being yours, 

Also it kinda reminds me of a simpler time back when couples were faithful and classy; no messy breakups and stuff.

Sometimes I wish I was alive in the 40s/50s cause back then guys were romantic and not all about sx.

I want the relationship that my grandparents had; they were together for 57 years up until my grandpa passed away in 2017.

I just hope at least a 1/4 of that still exists somewhere :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Sis my grandparents had 13 and 8 kids respectively. They were all about *** :orangu_orangutan_ape: also less divorce rates back then because women didn’t have basic rights and depended on their husbands more than women nowadays. I think there is always the potential for a long lasting, genuine relationship, but it’s not healthy to romanticize previous generations for that :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block