Would you take your partner's surname if you got married?

Slayer

I'm not really a fan of my last name, personally. I don't feel connected to it. If anything I've been thinking of legally changing it on my own and then my hypothetical partner can then take my new last name. :eyes_britney_laugh:

But I urge most of you to keep your last names if you're happy with it. I don't want to have to point you to the divorce rates in your individual countries. 

rachel dratch snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

depends on the surname and where ill be living!! my surname is only easy to pronounce in my dads country so if i marry someone from there ig i can keep mine, but if its an other country im taking his lol (also my surname means sparrow which im not too find of lmao)

my mom actually kept both (w a hyphen) so i might do that

My mom didn't take my dad's name.

When I was born, I ended up taking my mom's surname. My dad's surname ended when he had my siblings and I. However, I don't think I'd take my partner's name. I'm a little too selfish to change it, I like mine. My future husband can take mine haha

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block