I’ve documented Britney Spears’ conservatorship case for the last 13 years (New Medium Article)

On 1/15/2021 at 9:45 AM, Jordan Miller said:

Hey Exhale, there's a lot to absorb here so I'll be brief 🙏 

I haven't written a formal story in more than a year, but I felt inspired to get my thoughts out about my experience covering Britney's conservatorship since day one. Once I started writing, the words came flowing out.

I was a 19-years-old when the conservatorship was first was put into place. In the time since, I got a degree in journalism, worked in marketing, became an entrepreneur, a community leader and now an activist. I'm now 32.

I published an article about my experience onto Medium, a self-publishing blogging platform.

There's potential my story gets picked up by curators there and shown to thousands of new people (which is important because we want new people to know about what's going on). 

I filmed a video about writing this story (see above), so there's a lot of content for you to sink your teeth into. 

Read my article on Medium:

Chapter I: You’re gonna have to see through my perspective

Exhale, I could really use your support! Check out the video, check out the article, and please engage with both as much as possible. The more attention these items receive, the more they reach new people (gotta love the algorithms). 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Medium article. I think it's the best thing I've ever written. 🙏 
medium-story.jpg.6cec47a29967799e300691a29539eb1f.jpg

@Blaze @Ember @Fire @Flame @Inferno @Phoenix @Solar Flare @Spark @Twitter Team @Super Moderators

I am 1000 percent here for you writing things about the conservatorship that flows through huge sites like Medium. Good work, hopefully it is picked up. 

Jordan, you better actually physically tag me next time tho. lol 

• Leader
On 1/17/2021 at 10:28 AM, Groundbreaking said:

Great job, Jordan! The article you wrote is accurate, clear and direct. Hope your eloquence has great hold upon masses. Also, the thing that I do not understand is that how is possible that neither of the judgers or whoever was in charge did not questioned Jamie's action? Like yeah, Britney broke down but that didn't mean she's unstable, right? How is that, that they let an alcoholic and abuser be in charge of the c-ship? How is that, that they didn't really through everything etc.? This is sad. Nice work, Jordan, keep it up. The video is great too. 

Appreciate you checking out the article and video! Thank you. And you ask a lot of valid questions. I'd like to know the answers, too. 

• 2 weeks later...

The more I look at this case, the more I break down in tears as I can relate with it. I can relate to how it feels feeling trapped, abused and controlled. It is not as extreme as Britney's case but it is still horrific. I hope we can all free Britney and raise awareness to all these stupid conservatorships and end them as people are just abusing it for all it's worth

• Like 4