I’ve documented Britney Spears’ conservatorship case for the last 13 years (New Medium Article)

• Leader
8 hours ago, InZone said:

The article is great. I think it’s very sharp, very direct and that’s what I like. Someone who doesn’t know her situation reading this gets to know exactly what’s happening, without having question marks above head. 

Amazing job Jordan, you’re talented. :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

Music to my ears!! Thank you. That's exactly what I was going for. This is meant for all of us to read, but especially newcomers. 🙏 

• Love 1
  • Leader
10 hours ago, Bundy said:

Great piece. Like @feo, my only problem with it was that one part bc I dont feel the cship can be justified. On the article, u mentioned how It doesnt make sense that an unfit person could work right away. I think they never had good intentions, period. If they did, they would have hidden Britney from the media, they would let her heal, make therapy and whatnot, and not made her work right away. We can see that still now her dads priority is still make her work, even tho she says she wont work until hes still in her life. Britney was pushing her parents away, Lynne herself said they were stranged for like 7 months. They were losing control over her, and who knows If Britney wasnt supporting them that much anymore. Britney never hurted anyone, she never ****, abused or killed, yet her rights were violated from the start. A person who can function and didnt hurt anyone, has less rights than a criminal. A person who never got along with her dad, is put under a cship by him... Someone who had a drinking problem, who has an abusive past, who was never good with money. Why anyone in Britneys family is allowed to make mistakes but her? And the cship shes under wasnt made to be lifted, these cships arent to rehabilitate people, but to take care of them bc they cant take care of themselves, but Britney can If she can work. I dont think their goal was never to help Britney so she could get better. In 2008/2009 Britney was already trying to get help from a photographer and a lawyer, she was already saying she was being abused, her cship was made permanent soon... Its so obvious they didnt want to let their cash cow go. This is why 13 years later Britney seems worse. I dont think anyone there was ever worried to help Britney and them set her free. I mean, they were already threatning her with her kids in 2008/2009 ffs. I cant believe this is still happening to Britney. I try to stay hopeful, but its so damn hard.

Thank you for taking the time to write that. I hear you regarding that one sentence in particular. It's something I've thought a lot about, and while I think a conservatorship was the wrong way to go, in the beginning, it did stop what was happening to Britney.

Problem is, it just created a new set of terrible problems that she's still paying for. I should have clarified what I meant in the article after writing that. It's kinda like this: they could've moved her to Antarctica and that also would have stopped what was happening to her. Doesn't mean it should happen. Hope that made sense heh

• Like 2
  • Leader
5 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Ohhh I love Medium, wrote a lot of articles there :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Managed to earn some good cash off of it :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping: Imma read your article rn, I bet it's a good read :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Ohhhh?! What has your experience been like writing there? Did any of your stories get picked up? I don't fully understand how to get curated. I personally reached out to a few of the publications with a link to this story. Other than that, it feels like a waiting game. 

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Ohhhh?! What has your experience been like writing there? Did any of your stories get picked up? I don't fully understand how to get curated. I personally reached out to a few of the publications with a link to this story. Other than that, it feels like a waiting game. 

oh yes! The Guardian picked up my story on classicism in Europe nearly 3 years ago. It was mostly about Western Europeans looking down on Eastern Europeans in every aspect (thinking they're less civilized, less educated, poor etc.) It was quite controversial and people were very split between those who admitted it and those who were offended by the article for some reason. The article was, of course, backed up by legitimate statistics from legitimate sources, so it was very difficult to deny anything. I know that it reached Germany, Sweden, Poland, Serbia, Greece, Czech Republic and Austria. I'll try to find the link, if not I can just send you the document.

The secret of it is to really hit the point and walk the very thin line between controversial and factual. You gotta shake people up, but not too much. Enough to get them to think and question themselves. Newspapers love picking that kinda articles up :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 4
On 1/15/2021 at 10:45 AM, Jordan Miller said:

Hey Exhale, there's a lot to absorb here so I'll be brief 🙏 

I haven't written a formal story in more than a year, but I felt inspired to get my thoughts out about my experience covering Britney's conservatorship since day one. Once I started writing, the words came flowing out.

I was a 19-years-old when the conservatorship was first was put into place. In the time since, I got a degree in journalism, worked in marketing, became an entrepreneur, a community leader and now an activist. I'm now 32.

I published an article about my experience onto Medium, a self-publishing blogging platform.

There's potential my story gets picked up by curators there and shown to thousands of new people (which is important because we want new people to know about what's going on). 

I filmed a video about writing this story (see above), so there's a lot of content for you to sink your teeth into. 

Read my article on Medium:

Chapter I: You’re gonna have to see through my perspective

Exhale, I could really use your support! Check out the video, check out the article, and please engage with both as much as possible. The more attention these items receive, the more they reach new people (gotta love the algorithms). 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Medium article. I think it's the best thing I've ever written. 🙏 
medium-story.jpg.6cec47a29967799e300691a29539eb1f.jpg

@Blaze @Ember @Fire @Flame @Inferno @Phoenix @Solar Flare @Spark @Twitter Team @Super Moderators

Bravo!!!

Thanks for this Jordan. We need to continue fighting for Britney's freedom. 

:sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

On 1/15/2021 at 3:45 PM, Jordan Miller said:

I haven't written a formal story in more than a year, but I felt inspired to get my thoughts out about my experience covering Britney's conservatorship since day one. Once I started writing, the words came flowing out.

I was a 19-years-old when the conservatorship was first was put into place. In the time since, I got a degree in journalism, worked in marketing, became an entrepreneur, a community leader and now an activist. I'm now 32.

I published an article about my experience onto Medium, a self-publishing blogging platform.

There's potential my story gets picked up by curators there and shown to thousands of new people (which is important because we want new people to know about what's going on). 

I filmed a video about writing this story (see above), so there's a lot of content for you to sink your teeth into. 

Exhale, I could really use your support! Check out the video, check out the article, and please engage with both as much as possible. The more attention these items receive, the more they reach new people (gotta love the algorithms). 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Medium article. I think it's the best thing I've ever written. 🙏 

@Blaze @Ember @Fire @Flame @Inferno @Phoenix @Solar Flare @Spark @Twitter Team @Super Moderators

Great move @Jordan Miller! As I've told you... I really appreciate your hard work, because when we didn't see the wrong pieces in the puzzle, you were brave enough to spill the tea. Keep going with this site, youtube and this new direction! It's great that more people is able to know about this situation.

You're doing great sweetie, it's obvious that you've been working on becoming a great journalist, so yassssssss slay!:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I'm following, saving the post and commeting on medium and I'll be doing the same in Youtube. Keep going!

ps. I love your himalayan salt lamp, I gave my mom the same lamp... the benefits omg!

Great job, Jordan! The article you wrote is accurate, clear and direct. Hope your eloquence has great hold upon masses. Also, the thing that I do not understand is that how is possible that neither of the judgers or whoever was in charge did not questioned Jamie's action? Like yeah, Britney broke down but that didn't mean she's unstable, right? How is that, that they let an alcoholic and abuser be in charge of the c-ship? How is that, that they didn't really through everything etc.? This is sad. Nice work, Jordan, keep it up. The video is great too. 

On 1/16/2021 at 8:53 AM, Jordan Miller said:

Thank you for taking the time to write that. I hear you regarding that one sentence in particular. It's something I've thought a lot about, and while I think a conservatorship was the wrong way to go, in the beginning, it did stop what was happening to Britney.

Even then, the conservatorship was supposed to be temporary.

By July 2008, she wasn't covered nearly the same way as 2007/early 2008...

"The Spears of today may not be any more boring than dozens of celebrities who fill magazines, but she is decidedly duller than her former self. Photographers who relied on her for hourly material for the gossip blogs are confronted by a lack of access and a lack of drama. She rarely goes out and when she does, she behaves herself. No umbrella attacks. No head shaving. No fake British accent. No panty-free car exits...

Agencies that dispatched SUV-loads of freelancers to track her every move last year have downsized their Britney teams. “At the height of the story, we had maybe six or eight guys on it round the clock,” said Chris Doherty, owner of INF, which sells pictures to magazines, websites and TV shows. “Now we would have at most two. There’s no real point to being there all the time.”

Spears’ allure remains, as evidenced by two paparazzi arrested last week near her residence, but the coverage does not compare to the intense stakeouts that proceeded her confinement in a psychiatric ward in January.

A commissioner in Los Angeles County Superior Court subsequently named her father, Jamie, co-conservator of her and her estate, giving him and a lawyer control of the 26-year-old’s medical care, finances and day-to-day activities. 

Out went the paparazzi-friendly advisor, the British-accented outbursts and the aimless driving excursions that sent caravans of photographers coursing through the city. In came meals at home, family talks, conferences with attorneys and, on a good day, dance class.

The structure and supervision transformed Spears’ life for the better, her representatives say.

“Britney and her family are delighted to dis-incentivize the outrageous behavior of the paparazzi,” lawyer Blair Berk said.
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2008-jul-30-me-paparazzi30-story.html

They (her father, Larry Rudolph, Lou Taylor etc...) have to know they caused this themselves.

• Like 1
On 1/16/2021 at 1:53 PM, Jordan Miller said:

Problem is, it just created a new set of terrible problems that she's still paying for. I should have clarified what I meant in the article after writing that. It's kinda like this: they could've moved her to Antarctica and that also would have stopped what was happening to her. Doesn't mean it should happen. Hope that made sense heh

Ure welcome and I really hope ur article is going to be picked up! 

It did stop what was happening to her but at what cost? She needed help, support, guidance, and not to have her rights taken away, being isolated, controlled and treated like a child, and by someone that has always been a mess himself. Imagine if someone did the same to RDJ, would he be ok and successful today? The cship sucked the life out of Britney and 13 years later shes still in this situation. I mean, look how sad she was on FTR already, and how she didnt seem more ok/like herself since then. The thing is, her family was to blame too for what happened to her... Where was Lynne when she was touring the world alone to support her parents? Where was Lynne when she divorced? Her family didnt support her and when she got to a breaking point, they used that against her to control her instead of really helping her out. I mean, Britney is surrounded by vultures now, the same way she was in 2007, the difference is now this supported by her family and the law, and she doesnt have any freedom left like she still had in 2007. I think Lutfi is a ******* shady *** dude, but what her family are doing to her is even worst bc they are her family... Britney was pushed to be a star and helped them out since she was a kid, even more since she was 16/17. They betrayed her af.

Exactly... What did the cship solve? Lutfi? But then put an allegedly stalker to manage her career? And like u said, just created even more problems for her. Tbh If they only moved her to another country just to protect her and make her heal, maybe now she would have her life, her freedom, her independence and would be living the way she wanted. What they did was the worst thing ever. I cant even imagine how much she has endured and for what. 

As someone that has been following Britney since the start, I still cant believe what her life has turned into, it makes me sad to watch her old interviews and see that girl full of life, happy and with a lot of dreams. Life has been pretty unfair to her. 

The Justice System has truly failed Britney.

It should be a much harder fight to keep her in the conservatorship than trying to get her out of it.

She's not a vegetable, which is mainly what these were created for, so why is it so hard to get her out of it?

If there wasn't so much money involved this would be a non issue.

On 1/15/2021 at 11:45 PM, Jordan Miller said:

This may be the closest and most complete compilation we have regarding her conservatorship. Excellent work Jordan!

• Leader
On 1/16/2021 at 9:43 AM, ZoneGirl said:

Just read the article. How did it feel to go back into journalist mode @Jordan Miller?

Great job synthesizing all that complicated information, gathering sources and getting it out in a 10-minute read.

How many more chapters can we expect to see?

It felt really good! I haven't written a formal story in a really long time so this was super fun to tackle this