I’ve documented Britney Spears’ conservatorship case for the last 13 years (New Medium Article)

• Leader
1 minute ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Great article, Jordan.

I give you credit as the single, solitary person who has pursued justice for Britney from the start.

The rest of the "movement" can pat themselves on the back as much as they want...

But I know the truth. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Thanks so much for the kind words :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

I think we're all in this together, though it is wild to think I've not only watched this unfold since its inception, but also wrote about literally every detail. What a journey. Thanks for following this saga from the start, too, @Steel Magnolia

Exhale+  |  Apparel |  YouTube

4 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Thanks so much for the kind words :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

I think we're all in this together, though it is wild to think I've not only watched this unfold since its inception, but also wrote about literally every detail. What a journey. Thanks for following this saga from the start, too, @Steel Magnolia

The difference between you @Jordan Miller and me is that I never had anything to lose.

Fans today have no idea how badly you (and anyone else who spoke out on BH about the conservatorship) were raked over the coals for speaking out.

"It's not our business."
"It's her dad. She loves him."
"She needs it."
"It's private."

It was nothing but that for 10 years straight...Until suddenly, when Britney finally made a move through the courts (and stopped working at the same time), it became okay to speak out.

Almost the entire fanbase supported the conservatorship as long there were new songs to download and tickets to buy.

The hypocrisy of it blows my mind.

So I tip my hat to you, Jordan. You stuck your neck out when very few other people would.

I hope Britney knows. I really do.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Need shirts I can fit my big head through :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

You know what they say...big head, big....

THOUGHTS :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

In all seriousness I applaud your efforts and dedication to whats been happening. I was referred to breatheheavy in 2008 and I haven’t stopped checking it since then. It took me forever to sign up (last year :flop_britney_candies:)

I love the article. I noticed there were a few typos but its cohesive and in line with the events that unfolded. We have to keep our momentum up and we have to be the noise (voice) that Britney wants to have out there.

I can’t wait for the next article.:sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

The difference between you @Jordan Miller and me is that I never had anything to lose.

Fans today have no idea how badly you (and anyone else who spoke out on BH about the conservatorship) were raked over the coals for speaking out.

"It's not our business."
"It's her dad. She loves him."
"She needs it."
"It's private."

It was nothing but that for 10 years straight...Until suddenly, when Britney finally made a move through the courts (and stopped working at the same time), it became okay to speak out.

Almost the entire fanbase supported the conservatorship as long there were new songs to download and tickets to buy.

The hypocrisy of it blows my mind.

So I tip my hat to you, Jordan. You stuck your neck out when very few other people would.

I hope Britney knows. I really do.

I remember. I have been here since 2007. You’re one of my favorite members. 

@Jordan Miller wonderful article thank you! 

• Love 1
  • Leader
39 minutes ago, feo said:

Great article Jordan.  The only part I have issues with is the statement: "While I can agree the conservatorship was instrumental in stopping Britney’s dire circumstance, it’s been abused." 

Under NO circumstances should this conservatorship have been created, particularly in the probate courts (which is generally for the elderly and not someone as young or capable as Britney).  If any conservatorship was absolutely necessary because of any (alleged) mental health issues then it should have been in the mental health courts (where conservators are NOT compensated).  That is why Wallet tested the waters and put this in probate court (where compensation is possible) and he, Lou Taylor, James Spears, Ingham and all the other doctors and lawyers have made themselves rich ever since. 

However, even a mental health conservatorship should have been the ABSOLUTE last resort.  Just because Britney may have been acting erratically that did NOT justify this conservatorship in any shape or form.

We have seen many other people , including other celebrities, acting erratically to the same degree or even worse than Britney.  Heather Locklear, Robert Downey Jr., Shia Leboef, Drew Barrymore, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and so many more come to mind.  None of them were put in a conservatorship, even though the first 3 of those have perhaps had even worse public 'misbehaviours' than Britney ever demonstrated.  Britney was also followed by more paparazzi than anyone had (and possibly has) ever encountered so a lot of that 'erratic' behaviour may have been instigated or made worse by that dangerous and stressful situation.

Human beings go through difficulties in their lives, but through counselling, drug/alcohol treament, financial planning, the creation of trusts etc. or a combination of these, things can get better.  Robert Downey Jr. suffered from VERY serious drug addictions, but with proper support and time he is freakin' Iron Man now.

I think the conservatorship was like amputating a finger for a paper cut.  I do NOT think we can credit the conservatorship for putting a stop to anything.  It merely assumed total control of that person and proceeded to abuse her financially and emotionally.  I don't think we should ever say it 'stopped' anything.  We should be careful how we describe it.

And not to harp back to the Lawyers for Britney drama, but I remember I had an exchange with them on instagram where they also described the conservatorship as possibly having been a 'good' thing in the beginning, which irked me.  I know how you told me that they gave you some advice for this article, and this might be a part of their influence.  This again makes me think that they may have some link to Ingham or his side of things since that is the narrative that he would want fans and the media to eat up.  Basically: the conservatorship was necessary in the beginning because Britney was so wild, but now it is no longer needed which is why I am heroically taking her out of it. 

NO.  The conservatorship was unnecessary, fraudulent (no notice & no evidence provided on 'dementia') and abusive from the start.  No way around that.  Britney working on television a few months after it was created shows us that conclusively.

As I said before, I support Ingham for now, but if I see that he is trying to still keep her in a conservatorship or otherwise just cover his own butt at Britney's expense, my support is gone.  In the meantime, I think it is better if we do not spread the notion that the conservatorship was ever helpful.

Other than that the article was great and I am looking forward to part 2.

Just my 2 cents and I am happy to hear any feedback =)

HUGE thank you for this comment! Wow :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

I do agree with you 💯. This conservatorship should never have happened. Unfortunately, it did happen and it did seemingly stop the downward spiral (that's what I meant by the sentence you referenced). However, there were definitely far better ways to stop the momentum and change Britney's situation. Stripping her of her civil rights was not it. 

Also it's worth pointing out that LFB helped me fact check and that's it. They didn't inspire me to include or exclude anything. These are 100% my words 🙏 😊 

@feo thank you again for taking the time to write that comment out. It means a lot and is greatly appreciated!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Exhale+  |  Apparel |  YouTube