Melanie C in an interview with Apple music, said for better or worse. Social media made everybody a critic.

Spicechinodiva

https://youtu.be/V7fuYHKBzxA

In an interview with Zane Lowe.  Melanie C talks Spice Girls, 25th anniversary plan, how social media changed the groups fad status into 90s pop culture icons. 

She discussed in the 90s, it was one thing to deal with the critics,  the industry..

But if you would tell me one day everybody gets to be a critic and for free. I would laugh and said who cares about a bunch of nobodies that isn't industry people. 

They also talk about how while Mariah and Britney did their big movie. 

But, Zane said none of them grossed close to 200 Million like Spiceworld did and people are wanting Spiceworld on Netflix, Versus the other two movies. 

Enjoy the nostalgic trip.

Melanie C says Victoria Beckham, will go on tour next time, once she saw the press it actually hit her how much she missed the family unit of her sisters.  

She also hints if every girl is down.

There is a possibility of new Spice girls music. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Spice Girls.

I really think Victoria made a huge mistake not joining them on the tour -  "I am a designer now". And rumour hat the girls were supposed to have been offered a Glastonbury slot in 2020, until Covid happened, she would have been a fool not to do it.

If you are to believe "the critics", her brand/label is diminishing, so she needs all the "press" she can get. Victoria was never one to shy away from exposure. Shying away from " family unit of her sisters" she has done plenty.

Looking forward to new music for sure.

I believe everyone matters no matter how big or small. What makes someone else better than the next? Any kind of art is always gonna be subjective. At the end of the day art makes everyone feel different and that's important and I think it's important to hear what others think of art. Isn't that why we make it? Or why we package it up and sell it? How can you become better or more efficient in your expression if you don't pay mind to criticism? 

Archived