Mariah Carey: 'Caution' was rushed, not my best vocally

• Leader

Mariah Carey low-key put Caution on blast.

In a new interview on Questlove's podcast, she says it was rushed and that she doesn't think vocally it was her best work.

Caution is amazing so if she has even more in her then the next record is gonna be :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

Thoughts, Exhale? Do you agree with Mimi? 

When I did Caution, I love some of the songs from Caution, but I don't think I was at the place vocally where I could be now. Also, it was rushed. Not that it was rushed, and look, it was my best, most critically acclaimed album, you know I think that's because the critics have changed and shifted since back in the day. Believe it or not, if you look at those things, it's the most favorite album, but what I was gonna say is that I didn't have the time I would normally take, and I really wish I did have that time to do a few more records on that album to just, fully have that expression.

caution.jpg.58d0da7a0fd829950eee9f03fb53f223.jpg

Related:

• Love 2

Even if the vocals were better it would not have saved the album. The music was ****. And she’s never gonna sound again like 1995 Mariah. She needs to go back to ******* singing and writing the songs like she used to. Non of the whisper crap and million layered background vocals.  Sing the song straight thru in one take and hire background vocalists to do the background vocals. And stop targeting the 12 year olds with the music.

btw, her vocals have been getting better in the last 2 years. She just needs to do her vocal exercises more. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, limezd said:

Even if the vocals were better it would not have saved the album. The music was ****. And she’s never gonna sound again like 1995 Mariah. She needs to go back to ******* singing and writing the songs like she used to. Non of the whisper crap and million layered background vocals.  Sing the song straight thru in one take and hire background vocalists to do the background vocals. And stop targeting the 12 year olds with the music.

btw, her vocals have been getting better in the last 2 years. She just needs to do her vocal exercises more. 

That album was perfection! You should sit down and relax and listen to the album again and fully digest the lyrics, production and sound. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
Just now, Gayseus911 said:

That album was perfection! You should sit down and relax and listen to the album again and fully digest the lyrics, production and sound. 

Yeah, it was perfection. That’s why it only moved 100.000 copies in USA. ;)

There’s nothing to digest. Music was  not up to her standards. And the world / her fan base responded by not having any interest in it. 

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, limezd said:

There’s nothing to digest. Music was  not up to her standards. And the world / her fan base responded by not having any interest in it. 

I don't care about the sales, were talking about the music. Don't let charts and sales dictate how you feel about music. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, limezd said:

:firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:selling well doesn't mean quality music...

Her poor sales in the US (like the most important part of the world) just indicates that there wasn't much interest in the album. This album also received mixed reviews from her own fanbase bec her old f word stans are stuck in the 90s & 00s. :pika_pikachu_slap_fighting_hitting_mad: not her best work vocally, but it's actually fresh and cohesive imo

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Humpney said:

:bieber_justin_smirk_weird::miley_cyrus_stare_meme:that's like asking xtina to stop shouting. Whisper voice is her signature, I suppose you mean more belting?

Her singles and albums perform better when she uses her voice. Even just to use it partially like in We Belong Together how just builds up to a full belt in the climax. Also we have seen how Christina Aguilera's career has went. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block