Katy Perry drops "Electric" music video to celebrate Pokémon's 25th anniversary

6 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Not gonna watch or stream it until a week later. Not gonna help her score a hit when she made several awful comments about Britney and worked with the homophobic Migos. 

Or maybe supporting her Positive Message will

help to show/remind her to be Better,

and the Positive message could reach others

who might need it as well. I Love Britney❣️
Feeding a fire does not put it out.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ALBAVEASP said:

The song reminds me of Daisies, as Katy leans further to adult-contemporary genre. Ngl, I'm a little bit disappointed. I kinda hoped she made a more dance-y track since the summer is on, but the hook is still catchy. Electric!

Okay wanna take this one out. The song grew on me like Double Rainbow, and it makes me kinda emotional to see how happy Katy is in the music video. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

OK I understand what's happening now with Katy..... I hate to say this out loud, but I think the problem is that there is a HUGE disconnect between her visual artistry and her music: she's INCREDIBLY CREATIVE (I mean, look at the Ys in her name at the beginning of the video, they made them look like Pikachu's lightning bolt, she misses no detail!) with her ideas and story lines and visual imagery (like no other out there), but her music is so..... basic. She makes outstanding visuals with karaoke songs :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Here she looks stunning, beautiful, the video is a whole big as/ production, it's cute, blabla... But the song omg. I do not care about it. I will not play this again. There is no need to. I know this is aimed at young listeners, but even then you can still elevate the music, that's what Britney's been doing since day one.

I am still stunned by Katy. She's such a creative force, she's NEEDED in pop music, do not underestimate her. But damn her music is basic...

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

OK I understand what's happening now with Katy..... I hate to say this out loud, but I think the problem is that there is a HUGE disconnect between her visual artistry and her music: she's INCREDIBLY CREATIVE (I mean, look at the Ys in her name at the beginning of the video, they made them look like Pikachu's lightning bolt, she misses no detail!) with her ideas and story lines and visual imagery (like no other out there), but her music is so..... basic. She makes outstanding visuals with karaoke songs :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Here she looks stunning, beautiful, the video is a whole big as/ production, it's cute, blabla... But the song omg. I do not care about it. I will not play this again. There is no need to. I know this is aimed at young listeners, but even then you can still elevate the music, that's what Britney's been doing since day one.

I am still stunned by Katy. She's such a creative force, she's NEEDED in pop music, do not underestimate her. But damn her music is basic...

it was just a really bad choice for a song. Even if it's intended for younger audiences, it results a bit too dramatic for a kids' song, yet for the average listener is just corny and basic, as you say.

this is the opening theme of the latest season of the anime

and the Japanese one (don't mind the video, I don't understand either :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: ) 

So I don't know what this anniversary album has in store, but I was really expecting more uptempo songs, especially from Katy Perry. 

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

it was just a really bad choice for a song. Even if it's intended for younger audiences, it results a bit too dramatic for a kids' song, yet for the average listener is just corny and basic, as you say.

this is the opening theme of the latest season of the anime

and the Japanese one (don't mind the video, I don't understand either :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: ) 

So I don't know what this anniversary album has in store, but I was really expecting more uptempo songs, especially from Katy Perry. 

"it results a bit too dramatic for a kids' song, yet for the average listener is just corny and basic" > Exactly!!

But omg they did the same thing for the opening theme for the new season, so I guess it's a very clear artistic choice! They basically called Katy and told her "Give us a washed up version of 'Firework' for kids, thank you". When I was a kid, all I wanted was a sweet silly 30 second song with clunks and bonks while repeating a basic word/phrase, that's it.

And the Japanese version?! I don't know WTF I just watched, WHAT IS THAT AND WHY DO YOU HATE ME! :wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

And the Japanese version?! I don't know WTF I just watched, WHAT IS THAT AND WHY DO YOU HATE ME! :wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: I seriously don't know what's going on with that, but in the actual anime, of course there's none of it. When I first searched for the full version of the song I was like :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

this was better

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block