Katy Perry drops "Electric" music video to celebrate Pokémon's 25th anniversary

I AM SO SO SO EXCITED FOR THIS SONG AND FOR THIS ALBUM!!! :nomnom_shake_chest_boobs_dance:

The first single from the album (that Post Malone cover of “Only Wanna Be With You”) is literally my favorite song of 2021 so far!! :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

For those who aren’t fans: Pokémon is very much like Disney in the sense that it provides a sense of comfort to those who grew up with it. The fact that they’re using instrumental elements from the original games incorporated into modern pop production literally feels like a warm hug. 
I remember the first time I heard the synths come in during the intro of “Only Wanna Be With You” I genuinely felt that rush, that childhood wonder/ “Christmas morning” feeling that I haven’t felt since I was like 7. :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

I know that a lot of people are gonna make fun of this (and especially Katy) for catering to the nerds but like........ so? Let us have this one thing!! It really means a lot!!

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, SpookyFish13 said:

I AM SO SO SO EXCITED FOR THIS SONG AND FOR THIS ALBUM!!! :nomnom_shake_chest_boobs_dance:

The first single from the album (that Post Malone cover of “Only Wanna Be With You”) is literally my favorite song of 2021 so far!! :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

For those who aren’t fans: Pokémon is very much like Disney in the sense that it provides a sense of comfort to those who grew up with it. The fact that they’re using instrumental elements from the original games incorporated into modern pop production literally feels like a warm hug. 
I remember the first time I heard the synths come in during the intro of “Only Wanna Be With You” I genuinely felt that rush, that childhood wonder/ “Christmas morning” feeling that I haven’t felt since I was like 7. :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

I know that a lot of people are gonna make fun of this (and especially Katy) for catering to the nerds but like........ so? Let us have this one thing!! It really means a lot!!

I'm all here for the "catering to the nerds" and the incorporation of the videogame sounds/music, but the selection of artists they picked for this soundtrack, is really not it for me.

This is the 25th anniversary, yet they're aiming just at the audience that probably wasn't even born when Pokémon came out :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

But anyways, I'm also not a huge fan of how Pokémon is handling this "celebration". The actual anniversary was in February, and nothing huge happened because supposedly they were gonna spread the celebrations throughout the year, yet it seems like they're not planning to do much other than these sporadic releases. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, SpookyFish13 said:

Same here! I can't express my excitement right now, knowing two of my most favorite things in my life are collaborating! :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I know many people are questioning the Pokemon's partnership with Katy, but I'm sure no one will complain if it were Ariana or Billie. I think the collaboration is just perfect, since Katy is already a nostalgic icon. Her music style can easily incorporate the soundtrack of the franchise compared to any artists right now with hip-hop influences. Also, this 25th anniversary is probably a year-length celebration, that's why they don't really gave away the big guns last February. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

Spoiler

I still don't like Pikachu. :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

5 minutes ago, ALBAVEASP said:

I think it's cute based on the preview, but they should at least CGI'd Pikachu at Pokemon Detective level. :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

:ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: ew no, Detective Pikachu CGI is a blasphemy, that's not how Pokémon are supposed to look like.

This is how Pokémon should look like, as they do in the videogames, and as they've appeared in all the commercials

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block