Katy Perry drops "Electric" music video to celebrate Pokémon's 25th anniversary

Update: Katy released the music video for "Electric" (featuring Pikachu!).

Earlier:

It's been announced by the Pokémon Company that they're teaming up with Universal Music Group to create a "global music celebration" called P25 Music, featuring different artists, Katy Perry among them. ( :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink: ) 

A trailer has been released where we can hear a little bit of Katy at the end. The song is titled "Electric" and is rumored to drop on April 16th.

From their site: 

Of course, every party needs a great playlist, and to that end, Pokémon is teaming up with Universal Music Group and some of the biggest names in music to create a global music celebration dubbed P25 Music. Expect new songs from a wide range of musicians, featuring rising artists and award-winning superstars like pop icon Katy Perry. More details, including additional performer surprises, will be announced throughout the year.

25th-anniversary-169.jpg

It was on February 27, 1996 that the first ever Pokémon games, Red & Green, were released in Japan. They would come to America and the rest of the world in 1998 as Red & Blue. 

A new website has been launched as a "hub for fan celebrations" that will host several monthly events to celebrate this anniversary throughout the year. 

katy-electric.jpg.01d62aeed9aef8a27d90132fc4deea08.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

Received an email from Pokémon this morning regarding their upcoming 25th anniversary celebration. A collaboration with KP? I haven't been a huge fan of her last few tracks, but I keep rooting for her, and I'm interested to see how this works out. There's a 1 second audio snippet towards the end of the video of what I THINK is a piece of the track. (Also, I've been a silent observer on Breatheheavy for the longest time, but this is my first discussion post....be nice...please).

https://people.com/music/katy-perry-talks-pokemon-25th-anniversary-music-program/

Edited by chadwickles
typo
  • Love 1
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, chadwickles said:

Received an email from Pokémon this morning regarding their upcoming 25th anniversary celebration. A collaboration with KP? I haven't been a huge fan of her last few tracks, but I keep rooting for her, and I'm interested to see how this works out. There's a 1 second audio snippet towards the end of the video of what I THINK is a piece of the track. (Also, I've been a silent observer on Breatheheavy for the longest time, but this is my first discussion post....be nice...please).

https://people.com/music/katy-perry-talks-pokemon-25th-anniversary-music-program/

Welcome! thanks for joining Exhale :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

I merged your topic with mine to not have duplicates 

8 minutes ago, MIKE_INT said:

She is 36 years old, its time stop acting like an infantile school girl and target 14 years old, even I'm not sure that's where her intellect actually stopped growing. In that case OK girl

iron man eye roll GIF

Pokémon isn't necessarily for a younger target...it's actually a franchise whose audience has grown with it (25 years ago) and STILL continues to introduce younger geenrations to it. So it's actually a pretty smart move. Just my thoughts *shrug*

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block