This Day in Pop: Britney Spears introduces Shania Twain at the 2003 American Music Awards (January ceremony) (January 13)

4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

maybe so, I did notice that too

normal_18~14.jpg

I think it's very likely, because if I'm not mistaken, later in the year she cut her hair and went darker

57e199fb0fd413ed4cafc8bd9f193bf5.jpg

but it looks more reddish on the photoshoot, so maybe it was even later :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: 

I knew it! I wonder why she did them so early?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

normal_18~14.jpg

I think it's very likely, because if I'm not mistaken, later in the year she cut her hair and went darker

but it looks more reddish on the photoshoot, so maybe it was even later :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: 

I think the second pic is from early 2003, no?

21 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

yeah that's why I was saying if she had done the photoshoot around the time of these awards, it would've been before she got her hair cut.

but yeah, the ITZ hair is different, more red than the AMA's, so it mus'tve been AFTER the short hair

I wonder if the pink was already fading at that point? Maybe it was more red before but as she washed her hair, it became pink? 

1 hour ago, ToxicMadness said:

someone knows why there were 2 AMA'S the same year? I remember baack in the day looking for one of the red carpet looks (this one specifically)  and going nuts and confused because the "wrong" pics (from november awards) keep appearing lol. 

I got confused too when doing the calendar entries last year lol

Apparently they did it so they wouldn't have to compete with other awards that also happen early in the year. So starting in 2003 they moved to November, and that's why that year got two ceremonies.

The BBMA also have a story because they used to be held in December but now they happen in April. I think it's because those stopped airing altogether and then came back in 2011, or something like that. 

• Love 1
  • 11 months later...
On 1/13/2021 at 8:32 PM, PokemonSpears said:

normal_18~14.jpg

It looks like she has an engagement ring on the first photo.