This Day in Pop: Britney Spears introduces Shania Twain at the 2003 American Music Awards (January ceremony) (January 13)

OMG I love this. I feel like we see glimmers of this Britney now and then and I really hope she finds happiness and gets it back. You can tell even back then she was shy and relying on the teleprompter but she still let us see some of her fun and goofy personality. Not to mention she looked AMAZING :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

It's weird watching her Instagram videos now, even the ones with Sam that aren't edited, and comparing it to vintage clips like this. She always had a silly side and never took herself too seriously, but it's like she's regressed so much due to her captors protectors belatedly treating her like a child even though she probably needed to be treated like that when she was an ACTUAL child who was pimped out to the point that it became socially acceptable for reporters to inquire about her virginity when she was a TEENAGER.

It's like all those fun little quirks that made up one part of her personality have now become her new normal because she can't handle the fact that she's almost 40 years old and probably has more restrictions than her own kids. It's pretty devastating :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

• Love 4

If Im not mistaken that was a Roberto Cavalli dress and he praised Britneys legs saying the dress was perfect for her. 

I still cant understand why there were two AMAs on the same year :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking: 

She looked so cute embarassed with the Osbournes jokes :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

1 hour ago, BradAdamson said:

Did she take the ITZ album pictures around this time? She has the same reddish/brown streaks in her hair as she does on the MATM single cover 

PS - a Britney and Shania collab NEEDS to happen 

maybe so, I did notice that too

normal_18~14.jpg

I think it's very likely, because if I'm not mistaken, later in the year she cut her hair and went darker

57e199fb0fd413ed4cafc8bd9f193bf5.jpg

but it looks more reddish on the photoshoot, so maybe it was even later :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: 

• Love 1