Lana Del Rey on Trump's Presidency: "As bad as it was, it really needed to happen," doesn't believe Trump knew he was inciting a riot

19 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

If you wanna hear the interview and digest it for yourself here it is:

My opinion? I think everyone is having a hard time and trying to digest life right now. We all knew Donald Trump was and is crazy. We got to see how he would handle a public health crisis. He has shown no remorse during the pandemic. He has not taken any accountability for his inactions and has tried to act like he has been part of the solution. Donald Trump is a sociopath and I think he thought he could tweet something and people would just show up but not really act on his words, but people are psychologically invested in this dude. 

Now that, that is out of the way. Lana is right. Our society has a problem with narcissism. We have the type of a attitude: I’m right, you’re wrong. Shut up and listen mentality. It seems we are incapable of having a conservation or debate without insulting one another. We want everyone to praise our actions or whatever we post on social media. We need constant affirmations from others in order to feel any sense of value. So yeah narcissistic behavior is on the rise, rage is on the rise. Hell, my brothers wife shot and ******** him this past September and all I see or hear about are shootings and *******. 

I think she just didn’t know how to articulate this over an interview. She’s processing it and trying to rationalize why people think shes racist :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

This, thank u. I see no lies.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Lana Del Rey had some... interesting things to say about Trump and the US today.

I think some of her words are being taken out of context, but still she sounds kinda silly.

“The madness of Trump… As bad as it was, it really needed to happen. We really needed a reflection of our world’s greatest problem, which is not climate change, but sociopathy and narcissism. Especially in America. It’s going to kill the world. It’s not capitalism, it’s narcissism…

But, you know, I just think there’s actually, minus our terrifying death toll, I think it was a huge wake-up call. Your life is not about what kind of shoes you buy, it’s not about going to Harvard or Oxford. It’s about what kind of person you are. If you’re an ******* and everyone … if you’re a jerk and everyone tells you that you are and everyone tells you that you’re a jerk, then we finally need to address this big issue in the world of what do we do with all these people who don’t know they’re hurting other people? Do we put them all on an island together?”

Lana was then asked if she actually believed that Trump was ignorant of the effect he was having on his followers. She said it was Trump’s “delusions of grander” and that the Capitol rioters were displaying “disassociated rage:”

“I think he’s unwell but I think the people who are storming and getting in trouble and then Fox News flashes to them and they’re saying, ‘It’s a revolution.’ I know this is a long answer but I think this is really the most important thing I’ll say in this interview. I think, for the people who stormed the Capitol, it’s disassociated rage. They want to wile out somewhere. And it’s like, we don’t know how to find a way to be wild in our world. And at the same time, the world is so wild…

Again, I think people are having to re-evaluate what is strange and not strange. Watching the people storm the Capitol, everyone gets to go look at that and figure out what Capitols they’ve been storming this year in their own freakin’ lives. ‘Cause everyone’s running amok. You know, half the people I know are just jerks. Like I could picture them being like, ‘Well, we need a change.’ You know, and then other half of the people I know are like watching them with tears in their eyes, in disbelief. And it is sad, it is scary. But it could happen in any country.”

And finally, Lana said the Capitol rights should serve as a wake-up call to the higher ups.

“OK, we’ve got a problem now. We didn’t know that we got half of the country who wants to shoot up the Capitol. We didn’t really know that because we never got to see it. I think this gave us the opportunity to see where our level of mental health is at. And also to see where our level of disassociated rage is.”

Thoughts, Exhale?

Source

Related:

lana-trump.jpg.77f58a16aeaf110d90b705a6d342bb4e.jpg

I don’t see that silly words and I see no lies. You don’t know how bad is something until you know it. So... 

I think it is easier to attack somebody for her words instead think about it. That’s why some people say she’s racist, which is ridiculous...  Maybe the problem is the way she speaks her mind, but her thoughts are ok for me, I see what she is trying to say.

Also I think we have a big problem today: You can’t say what you think whithout get attacked by people who aren’y really listening.

• Love 1

"As bad as it was, it really needed to happen" I mean this would be true if people had actually learned something from it. Trump didn't win this time, but in absolute numbers more people voted for him than in 2016 and that in itself is pretty depressing. Did it really "need" to happen? Did any good really come out of it? Not as far as I can see.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

If you wanna hear the interview and digest it for yourself here it is:

My opinion? I think everyone is having a hard time and trying to digest life right now. We all knew Donald Trump was and is crazy. We got to see how he would handle a public health crisis. He has shown no remorse during the pandemic. He has not taken any accountability for his inactions and has tried to act like he has been part of the solution. Donald Trump is a sociopath and I think he thought he could tweet something and people would just show up but not really act on his words, but people are psychologically invested in this dude. 

Now that, that is out of the way. Lana is right. Our society has a problem with narcissism. We have the type of a attitude: I’m right, you’re wrong. Shut up and listen mentality. It seems we are incapable of having a conservation or debate without insulting one another. We want everyone to praise our actions or whatever we post on social media. We need constant affirmations from others in order to feel any sense of value. So yeah narcissistic behavior is on the rise, rage is on the rise. Hell, my brothers wife shot and ******** him this past September and all I see or hear about are shootings and *******. 

I think she just didn’t know how to articulate this over an interview. She’s processing it and trying to rationalize why people think shes racist :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

By the way, I forgot to say I’m sorry for what happened to you sweety. I send you a big huge.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Mike08183 said:

Really getting sick of the narrative that if you voted for Trump you’re responsible for the riots and also supported them. Complete bull****. Are people too stupid to realize this was an intentional set up by Democrats?  First Trump colluded with Russia, then its Trump won’t denounce white supremacy, then it’s Trump incited a riot and should be impeached. It’s so blatantly obvious why MSM/Demonrats hate Trump so much. I honestly think 80% of America is brain dead 

You got one thing right about the brain dead and those are the ones who voted for that imbecile-in-office :roxxy: let me call Dole to get all you Trumpanzees some bananas or is it oranges? :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Jayjukebox said:

You would know how it taste like since it was inside and all around your mouth last night 😂

Sorry I meant to respond to this sooner but I was too busy at work. Conservatives actually have jobs and don’t hang around on exhale all day. Now I don’t necessarily agree with Trump the person but if you actually did some real research(again NOT Pink news) you might actually come across factual information. I also suggest using DuckDuckGo if you actually want to find information that’s not censored by Google.  Highly encourage you also look into what he’s done for gay rights (worldwide). 
Also speaking of gay rights (assuming you voted for Biden)... you do know he’s in bed with China right? And guess who hates gays? China. I’m sure your a Pete Bootyplug supporter too. He’a also compromised by China too. Also that dang Hunter Biden laptop... have you looked into that? Some top officials claiming there’s child **** on it. Not good for your boy Biden. Also just a reminder Biden sniffs children.

Can’t wait to come back to this thread after **** hits the fan with your delusional president elect. 

6 hours ago, Mike08183 said:

You’re delusional sweetie, not me. I have a background in politics and don’t get my knowledge from Pink news articles like you. We are not the same. 

The left always defaults to calling anyone whose not a Democrat delusional or uneducated. Literally insults are the only knowledge you bring to a conversation. Carry on loser 

I don’t understand how you can call someone out for only bringing insults to a conversation by insulting them? 

• Haha 1

Where’s the lie? She is not completely wrong. I do think Trump knew he was inciting the attack but at the same time he believed what he was saying was true. It doesn’t make it ok it just adds to the complexity of understanding this situation - because dems suck in a lot of ways too and we need to figure out how to see eye to eye

5 hours ago, Vulpix91 said:

"As bad as it was, it really needed to happen" I mean this would be true if people had actually learned something from it. Trump didn't win this time, but in absolute numbers more people voted for him than in 2016 and that in itself is pretty depressing. Did it really "need" to happen? Did any good really come out of it? Not as far as I can see.

Omg this. Literally nothing improved during those 4 years; we now have more division than ever before. What exactly was the lesson that we were supposed to learn, and why are the Republicans exempt from taking responsibility for their actions?

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I have never and will never understand her appeal.

It's like she was the artist that white gays cling to, to try and act like they support something that is "alternative" and their taste is somehow superior.

Outside of a couple songs her music has always been boring.

Her views have ALWAYS been problematic and I don't get why she's always granted a free pass.

I honestly feel like her schtick has always been to say something controversial right around her album release. It's either that or she's just genuinely that stupid, let's stop being PC and just calling it tone deaf instead of what it actually is.

Then to say shyt about pop music, hop on a mainstream pop track, only to turn around and trash it after it underperforms?

I just don't get it, what is there to like?

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Mike08183 said:

Sorry I meant to respond to this sooner but I was too busy at work. Conservatives actually have jobs and don’t hang around on exhale all day. Now I don’t necessarily agree with Trump the person but if you actually did some real research(again NOT Pink news) you might actually come across factual information. I also suggest using DuckDuckGo if you actually want to find information that’s not censored by Google.  Highly encourage you also look into what he’s done for gay rights (worldwide). 
Also speaking of gay rights (assuming you voted for Biden)... you do know he’s in bed with China right? And guess who hates gays? China. I’m sure your a Pete Bootyplug supporter too. He’a also compromised by China too. Also that dang Hunter Biden laptop... have you looked into that? Some top officials claiming there’s child **** on it. Not good for your boy Biden. Also just a reminder Biden sniffs children.

Can’t wait to come back to this thread after **** hits the fan with your delusional president elect. 

Awww sweetie, I work in the medical/healthcare field, so I do have a job, a job helping people during the current pandemic which your Orange Daddy has denied and has been the major reason why America is the leading country in Covid cases and Covid deaths, so I am not entirely sure who you are trying to insult there 🤷🏾‍♂️ Yes,shocking brown people have jobs and great jobs for that matter, bet your mind was blown away by that previous statement.  I do not need any suggestions for any media outlets I should be following, I am more than ok in that end. I like facts and follow them regardless of party, but that’s something you wouldn’t understand because clearly you’ve been on your knees for the past years blowing Trump. Who told you that Pete and Biden are in bed with China, that same DuckDuckDumb website who you choose to freely believe even though there are no facts to back up such claims? I also live in America where your President allowed and normalized for Trans people to be discriminated against, while it comes to serving our country. Speaking of weird behavior, did we forget about Trump grabbing  women by the *****, the fact that he has standing r*** allegations against him or that he was close to Jeffrey Epstein a convicted minor *** trafficker? So you can have several seats in that end 👉🏾  Your President is a crook, he will always be a crook and remembered as the worst President in American history. Stay mad 😂

• Love 3

I think she raises like 2 good points. It's a wakeup call to higher ups for sure. It's also one of these things that higher ups don't think will happen till it happens. 

Other than that, I don't think she really knows what she's saying. Meaning, she's for deep, complicated feelings about it but hasn't taken the time to put them into words coherently. All she knows is she had some feelings and wanted to Express them. 

She didn't do the part where you actually think about it to make it sound like you have cohesive thoughts. 

That being said. Trump is dumb as **** but he ain't that dumb and he definitely knew he was flicking a match to a pool of gasoline. In November he said Proud boys stand back and stand by. 

Then this happens. He knew. He's been saying **** about not leaving in peace. 

14 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

I have never and will never understand her appeal.

It's like she was the artist that white gays cling to, to try and act like they support something that is "alternative" and their taste is somehow superior.

Outside of a couple songs her music has always been boring.

Her views have ALWAYS been problematic and I don't get why she's always granted a free pass.

I honestly feel like her schtick has always been to say something controversial right around her album release. It's either that or she's just genuinely that stupid, let's stop being PC and just calling it tone deaf instead of what it actually is.

Then to say shyt about pop music, hop on a mainstream pop track, only to turn around and trash it after it underperforms?

I just don't get it, what is there to like?

That’s why I stan the unproblematic queen Marina :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block