Selena Gomez’s new music video for "De Una Vez" is out!

Towelney

1 hour ago, ol123 said:

Selena's music career is so confusing. 

So When The Sun Goes Down, A Year Without Rain and Kiss And Tell arn't her albums? 

Technically those albums are credited to Selena Gomez & The Scene. But it’s kinda odd as all the album’s single’s videos are on Selena’s main YouTube channel, you’d think there would be a separate channel if they are supposed to be a separate artist.

but yes, this is her fourth solo album.... poor Stars Dance.

Edited by Isla
  • Like 2

Why shade stars dance? Who Gives af if it didn’t age well - it was amazing in 2011 or w.e.... it’s prob my fave album of hers just for the cohesiveness and memories / nostalgia. So many gems. Slow down was an amazing music video too.... 

I absolutely enjoyed Rare but i hope she keeps pushing herself creatively and does something even just a little bit different. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Broccoli Spears said:

No shade intended but can someone please explain the appeal of Selena Gomez? I don't understand or see it. I'm genuinely asking. 

Selena Gomez is a curious case. She can't sing that much but got to appeal fans and general public. She got potential to be a big product in the music industry but she was never focused on her achievents. At this point, her albums are the perfect way to promote her other business deals like Puma, her new makeup brand...

She releases an album when she's about to promote her new Puma collection. Rare beauty is about lauching new products, Selena's cooking show... Idk. Do you remember when she was the most followed celeb on Instagram? She had the perfect exposure, but she has chosen to take the easy road, she releases albums with one or two posts on Instagram as promo and that's all.

'Rare' had good material and she decided to release as singles the worst stuff since 'People you know' was perfect single material after LYTLM. She even asked her friends to chose the tracklist and singles in the album. Furthermore, she did few interviews to 'promote' the album but all she did was to bring the Justin Bieber drama all over again, talking about all the pain in the breakup and the way he moved on and got married... then she created some 'drama' on IG, liked flashbacks of Jelena and after the fans flipped out, she unliked. It's weird. 

Anyways, she still got hits in these past few years like 'Back To You' or 'Same Old Love'. Most of her successful songs get attention from media because they could be about Justin Bieber, so I'm curious about her next step in music, since he's married and it does not make sense, and it's so dated. Could she get attention from general public again?

• Love 2
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, cocodeluxe said:

To clarify the album situation. She released 3 albums as „Selena Gomez & The Scene“ which was „her band“.

2009 - Kiss & Tell

2010 - A year without rain

2011 - When the sun goes down

Then she got rid of them and went solo for the 2013 Stars Dance album. All of these album were under her contract with hollywood records (disney).

Then she signed with Interscope and released 2015 Revival and 2020 Rare.

So actually its her 7th album, but she she said in interviews that she feels like her „real music career“ started with Revival, thats why she and all her fans call the new one SG3. Which I think is really sad because she just destroys 6 years  and 4 albums of her music career and pretends that these albums never happened kinda. Also her old albums are really good.

:wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

• Haha 3

I have a love hate relationship with her music. Because her old albums (with the Scenes) are so good. Like I love all of them. Then come Stars Dance which acceptable. Cute pop songs. Revival was her peak and Rare was ok ok. I like couple of songs fro Rare but not as much as Revival. But I'm excited to listen to her new album.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block