Olivia Rodrigo and her new song "Drivers License" are blowing up

• Leader

Hey Exhale, have any of you heard this up and coming artist named Olivia Rodrigo? She has a new song out titled "Drivers License." 

The song is #1 on the iTunes chart and even caught the attention of Taylor Swift (Olivia is a Swifty). 

It also broke the record thus far in 2021 for most-streams in a day.

In case you need to brush up:

ErY0yAZVkAEE8zJ?format=jpg&name=900x900

Related:

olivia.jpg.593ced45d2ca0f6a71a87bd501800871.jpg

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I don’t get why it’s blowing up. I saw someone I follow on TikTok make a video about it and I thought it was an ad :orangu_orangutan_ape:

It’s good, but why are people freaking out about it?

It’s stuff like this that make me feel like I’m out of touch with my own Gen Z generation :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I think its because of the literal lyrics mentioning Sabrina and her ex so transparently that made it blow up so quick :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

That’s what it takes to get a number one these days? Those figures are low for a number one debut :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure: 

It has been released in a very non-competitve week (releases by established artist dont usually come around January or February) so it has a clear path to walk through. Also, 1.5 million airplay for a unknown artist is low orr it should be higher?

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block