Lana Del Rey: before you make comments again about WOC/POC, I'm not the one storming the Capitol

• Leader

Lana Del Rey is still attempting to rebound form her controversial statement posted last year. She said at the time:

"Now that Doja Cat, Ariana (Grande), Camila (Cabello), Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyoncé have had number ones with songs about being ****, wearing no clothes, (expletive), cheating, etc. — can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money — or whatever I want — without being crucified or saying that I’m glamorizing abuse?" 

Many were quick to point out Lana was singling out women of color. She said she was "not the enemy" and "definitely not racist."

Cut to today. Lana's new album cover for Chemtrails Over The Country Club is out, and according to Lana it's inclusive.

I get what she's trying to say here, but it's a mess. Thoughts, Exhale? 

ErZ3fSAXAAIk-em?format=jpg&name=900x900

Related:

lana-comment.jpg.31ace57887b01bff6b86039231560944.jpg

• Haha 1

I haven't found her to be racist. 

As far as her statement from last year goes....I think she was trying to say hey, these women of color & Ariana want to represent themselves in this light so let me represent myself and other women in this light?  :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

She put her foot in her mouth by not throwing Miley in the mix...IDK i’m not a woman though :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Lana Del Rey is still attempting to rebound form her controversial statement posted last year. She said at the time:

"Now that Doja Cat, Ariana (Grande), Camila (Cabello), Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyoncé have had number ones with songs about being ****, wearing no clothes, (expletive), cheating, etc. — can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money — or whatever I want — without being crucified or saying that I’m glamorizing abuse?" 

Many were quick to point out Lana was singling out women of color. She said she was "not the enemy" and "definitely not racist."

Cut to today. Lana's new album cover for Chemtrails Over The Country Club is out, and according to Lana it's inclusive.

I get what she's trying to say here, but it's a mess. Thoughts, Exhale? 

ErZ3fSAXAAIk-em?format=jpg&name=900x900

Related:

lana-comment.jpg.31ace57887b01bff6b86039231560944.jpg

Ariana Grande is the most succesful one she mentioned there and she is white. 

• Love 1
  • Like 8

This statement is so cringe. It’s like LOOK AT ME! I HAVE A MEXICAN BEST FRIEND AND A BLACK EX-BF!! Me? Racist? HA!

A mess. You can prove you’re not racist in other ways.

She really shot herself in the foot with that statement last year because at least to me, it was directly targeted towards her fellow WOC peers. She couldn’t have just attacked her men peers? or the media? or whoever was pitting her against other women, she goes after the women who had nothing to do with it? It looks very bad.

Her mesh mask was another big mistake she made. It made her look anti-mask and just stupid imo. 

Idk what has gotten into her lately, but she seems to have become a full blown mess after NFR.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I don’t think she’s racist and I think she is well-intentioned, but for being a writer, she seems to really struggle with articulating her thoughts on these issues. She keeps trying to explain herself only to dig herself deeper. 

She is her own worst enemy. digging your own grave GIF

• Like 2
On 1/11/2021 at 4:46 PM, 2K16NEY said:

She really shot herself in the foot with that statement last year because at least to me, it was directly targeted towards her fellow WOC peers. She couldn’t have just attacked her men peers? or the media? or whoever was pitting her against other women, she goes after the women who had nothing to do with it? It looks very bad.

Ariana is the most successful of them all (rn) and she's white. How can you say that it was directly targeted towards her fellow WOC peers?  Also why on Earth she would attacked her men peers? Are their songs and mv's measured the same way women's music is? Not at all. Again, as far as I can tell, Lana tried to make a point that those mentioned ladies are praised for being who they are, Lana is cricised (even tho she does the same). So, her wording is off, however, I wouldn't say she is racist 

11 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

You are on a fan site for Britney Spears and you wanna talk about role models. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Sad but true lol the thing is that we’ve seen celebrities in trouble and what happened to them. It’s not pretty. Lana has her own way of making death/suicide/male abuse glamorous and desirable. Something like “let’s make a video about loving abusive men and make it look like a vogue cover from the 80s” 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block