Lost Treasure: What does everyone think of Chaotic? (the most authentic Britney has ever been on camera)

Danielle1987

It's well known that Chaotic is not appreciated by the majority of the fan base. & that seems to stem from the GP's perception of it when it first came out in 2005.
Shockingly, I've found out a substantial number of Britney fans have never even seen it due to the cringe the GP felt about it in 2005.

& some fans just don't like it. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY (for the most part). They talk about how immature she acts....so does that mean you don't like Britney's personality?
It's Britney being raw, unfiltered, herself, and in love...and she's FREE. It was the real her. I don't see how that turned people off, except for maybe they just couldn't stand her being so lovey-dovey in a new relationship (but she's a relationship girl, and the happiest when she is falling in love).

& Yes, she's VERY SILLY in it....but that's her! I LOVE that part about her and I thought most of her fans did, too!

Britney will never open herself up like that again. Britney will never be that real and raw and unfiltered with her fans ever again. I don't know how anyone doesn't consider this an absolute treasure to the fan base.

I'd love to hear your opinions on it...especially those who watched the WHOLE series and still disliked it.

(PS, the way Kevin acts is irrelevant in this, no one cares about him. Don't dismiss the show just because he is in it)

I respect everyone's opinions. All opinions welcome. I'd love to know everyone's thoughts on it. Do you like it? Do you cringe? How you never watched it? I suggest people watch the series at least once. You won't regret our angel having the freedom to be herself...I'd love to hear all opinions!

Like, ignore Kevin. But how can you not appreciate this real side of Britney? (she's so happy when she's in love)

I cherish all of this so much since I do not feel like she will ever give her fans anything like this again. She is, understandably, way more guarded now.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont like it cause Britney is clearly high, and In general im Against the *****. I dont think that was real her but her in the state of “reaction to stardom at such young age” and “working nonstop since 15 till that chaotic movie”. I understand her wanting to live her young adulthood and be carefree, but it was a bad look. Im fine she did it ofc, but it makes me sad more than anything. Goes to show you, music career should be only for legal age and ideally have someone looking up for you. She was obviously worked up to the bone, with no one around her to demand vacations. 

6 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

I dont like it cause Britney is clearly high, and In general im Against the *****. I dont think that was real her but her in the state of “reaction to stardom at such young age” and “working nonstop since 15 till that chaotic movie”. I understand her wanting to live her young adulthood and be carefree, but it was a bad look. Im fine she did it ofc, but it makes me sad more than anything. Goes to show you, music career should be only for legal age and ideally have someone looking up for you. She was obviously worked up to the bone, with no one around her to demand vacations. 

And I do respect your opinion. Did you form your opinion after clips, a few episodes, the whole serious?

Just now, Danielle1987 said:

And I do respect your opinion. Did you form your opinion after clips, a few episodes, the whole serious?

After I watched the whole series (then and later in life). I saw her acting as those sheltered children once they leave parents house to study abroad; they want to try everything! Everything is awesome mentality.

I watched all of it but it's definitely what Tik Tok and Ig are now. It should have never have been a show. It lacked quality and direction. Britney seems high most of the time as well but she is at that age where you experiment. I haven't seen it in a while but I did love the bonus CD. Chaotic the song is a lost GEM.

Tbh I feel like bc Britney was lonely and overworked, her family never really supported her, she never had a good relationship with Colon, she was controlled and wanted to rebel and she wanted to end whatever was left of her clean image, she was influenced by Ktrash. I know she can be silly and funny, she knows how to make fun of herself, etc, but she seemed a lil bit different from how she was acting in 2003-2004 interviews before she started dating K-Fede. I think he brought that side out of her even more bc he was stupid, immature and *****. I feel like she mirrored him a lot and wanted to be like that... So carefree, not giving a **** about anything. But in the end I dont think Kevin was a good influence on her at all and from the things she talked about marriage, I feel like she thinks that too. 

I mean even Britney thinks this was her worst career mistake. 

I did like some parts. Her askibg questions about marriage. Then marriage episode. Then her being pregnant and talking about love. I didn't like some parts e.g. in the garden -she is clearly high. And i think chaotic was beginning of her fall. It was clear she was under smth majority of it still they show it to the world. Her team clearly was ok with her abusing smth and having time with her boytoy till she was working-performing, going to the interviews. I am sad nobody in her team cared about her at a time. Good news she had some time off while pregnant and married yet the problems came back even bigger after she divorced. And i read smwhere Larry was against her marriage so i wouldn't be surprised if that chaoticness would continue if she won't get married and pregnant.

I don't think it was authentic, that's the problem.

She was trying to send a message with this whole thing, she was trying to be seen in a specific way, whatever her agenda was, as an answer to all the opinions the media and public had of her at the time, but it ended up being a mess. Yes, it's fun at some parts, but it doesn't stop looking forced, unauthentic and cringy. Quoting Perfume, it was literally Britney trying to be cool, trying too hard to be cool.

Plus I don't like Kevin :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:

i agree with u so much! it was just Britney being Britney. Yes they did some ***** but let’s be honest who thought she wasn’t doing ***** being the most famous pop star of the world. I think she was just being herself and in love. I don’t get why some fans say otherwise. What was the image she was trying to portray to fit her agenda? I only see a girl having fun with a camera.

I don’t love the idea of the reality show tho, it’s more of a home movie or something. But that’s what makes it so special, the lack of direction/script. 

I like the roughness of it. She had no filters and it shows. She was funny as hell. I still watch it from time to time.  I love her personality. 

Career wise it was a mistake. It was trashy and lacked direction. It should have been a 40 min single episode with the best parts only, and sold as road documentary. Maybe with more rehearsal footage and more talking about the album and tour. 

In terms of “*****” I mean it was probably just weed :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated: yes she’s high as a kite but like lol (maybe coke too, idk)

it just wasn’t a good look. Britney seemed like she was trying to impress everyone around her ESPECIALLY Kevin. She honestly looked a lil desperate :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: and then underneath all the trying to please everyone you get glimpses of her being really really sad. Like that whole part where she’s analyzing the painting.

I’m not gonna lie, I watch it every now and again, but it was definitely a low point in her career

I loved it then and still love it today, I thought she seemed like a blast, I wanted to be her best friend, lol, she was still young too, only like 23 or 24, do people forget that, her behavior didn’t shock me at all. To be completely honest with u, I think this fan base is VERY hypocritical when it comes to her esp. her personality. Even now, people complain about her childishness, but back during FF and when she was with Jason T. , fans were saying she seemed dull, I feel like she can just never win, gp giving her **** is one thing but her own fans, f that!! Many in this fan base need to LIGHTEN THE F UP!!

I think chaotic is a major part of because gp does not care much of the conservatorship. Probably people whom's watched it think she deserve this situation bc she ****ed up with ***** from that time on.

it was cool to see a part of her life but also her private life is no one business. Too much sharing 🙈

Archived