Taylor Swift Ties Michael Jackson For Most Weeks at Number 1

Its another day and another achievement for Taylor Swift. This time she is tied with Michael Jackson for the most weeks at number one on the Billboard 200 Chart. Is anyone surprised? :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

Here’s the rank list

The Beatles, 132
Elvis Presley, 67
Garth Brooks, 52
Michael Jackson, 51
Taylor Swift, 51
Whitney Houston, 46
The Kingston Trio, 46

Billboard Article:

As Taylor Swift’s Evermore returns to No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart (dated Jan. 16) for a third nonconsecutive week (up from No. 2 a week ago), the superstar now has a cumulative 51 weeks at No. 1 across all eight of her chart-toping albums. That ties Michael Jackson for the fourth-most weeks at No. 1. The two superstars only trail The Beatles (a record 132 weeks), Elvis Presley (67) and Garth Brooks (52).

Evermore, now in its fourth week on the chart, spent its first two weeks atop the list (charts dated Dec. 26, 2020, and Jan. 2, 2021), before stepping aside to No. 2 for a week (Jan. 9 chart) when Playboi Carti’s Whole Lotta Redbowed at No. 1.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units. Units comprise album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). Each unit equals one album sale, or 10 individual tracks sold from an album, or 3,750 ad-supported or 1,250 paid/subscription on-demand official audio and video streams generated by songs from an album. The new Jan. 16, 2021-dated chart (where Evermore returns to No. 1) will be posted in full on Billboard’s website on Jan. 12. For all chart news, follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both Twitter and Instagram.

Here’s a look at the acts with at least 40 weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, since March 25, 1956, when the chart began publishing on a regular basis:

The Beatles, 132
Elvis Presley, 67
Garth Brooks, 52
Michael Jackson, 51
Taylor Swift, 51
Whitney Houston, 46
The Kingston Trio, 46

Related:

evermore-tay.jpg.df7cae1bbc210abb196c17624f193181.jpg

14 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Poor Garth. He really is starting to become forgotten but thats his fault. He is a famous country singer from the 90s and probably one of the most successful.

I'm not a Garth fan by any means but he's huuuuge in the music world. He's in no way forgotten. I remember a few years ago he came to the city I was living in on tour and they kept adding dates and they kept selling out and he had to start doing two shows a day because there was such a demand for him. I just looked it up and on that tour he did 390 shows in the US alone on one tour. I can't think of anyone else who sells concerts like that.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block