COVID vaccine to be offered to every adult in the UK by Autumn

Every adult will have been offered the coronavirus vaccine by autumn, Health Secretary Matt Hancock has said.

The cabinet minister made the announcement as he told Sky News more than 200,000 people are currently getting a COVID-19 jab every day and the government is on course to reach its target of two million vaccinations a week.

But speaking on Sophy Ridge On Sunday, the health secretary said the current pressure on the NHS was "very bad" and repeated the need for people to follow lockdown rules and stay at home, warning "we can't let up" just because coronavirus injections are being rolled out.

The health secretary told the BBC's Andrew Marr that "absolutely we're going to offer the vaccine to everybody" by autumn.

"We've got over 350 million doses on order," he said, "they're not all here yet, and we're rolling them out as fast as they get delivered."

Mr Hancock also spoke about enforcement of lockdown rules, saying he "absolutely" backed the police in strictly applying the law when it comes to COVID-19 restrictions, after two women were fined for driving five miles for a country walk, warning that "every flex can be fatal".

He told Ridge the government was set to meet its goal of vaccinating more than 13 million of the over-70s and the most vulnerable by mid-February - a target that requires two million jabs to be carried out a week.

Mr Hancock said: "Yes we're on course. The rate limiting factor at the moment is supply but that's increasing.

"I'm very glad to say that at the moment we're running at over 200,000 people being vaccinated every day.

"We've now vaccinated around one third of the over-80s in this country so we're making significant progress but there's still further expansion to go.

"This week we're opening mass vaccination centres. Big sites for instance at Epsom racecourse, there's seven going live this week with more to come next week where we will get through very large numbers of people."

Source: Sky News

importedImageembedded256873663?fm=jpg&fi

rsz_w1280-p16x9-2021-01-03t133235z_1185002696_rc2d0l94ae3g_rtrmadp_3_health-coronavirus-britain-vaccine_1.jpg.00b249b33db0126cc7ab18f185189844.jpgrsz_w1280-p16x9-2021-01-03t133235z_1185002696_rc2d0l94ae3g_rtrmadp_3_health-coronavirus-britain-vaccine_1.jpg.00b249b33db0126cc7ab18f185189844.jpg

9 minutes ago, Niko_TheFreak said:

They can keep it. I'm good. Had Covid-19 and recovered, as has 99.7% of the world. I'll give mine to anyone else happily. Dont Hold It Against Me :)  

Have you gotten a second time? Because you can if you don’t get vaccinated and it can be even worse than the first time. My best friend died last month. He was healthy and in his 30s. The first time he had Covid, he had very mild symptoms. The second time he got it, he ended up in the hospital for a week and died… Your individual, one- time experience is not an accurate depiction of how dangerous this is.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, LFurbish89 said:

Have you gotten a second time? Because you can if you don’t get vaccinated and it can be even worse than the first time. My best friend died last month. He was healthy and in his 30s. The first time he had Covid, he had very mild symptoms. The second time he got it, he ended up in the hospital for a week and died… Your individual, one- time experience is not an accurate depiction of how dangerous this is.

I'm SO sorry to hear about your friend! I hope you're doing okay!

I agree people should take this seriously and I genuinely believe there are way more pro's to taking a vaccine than not!

1 hour ago, LFurbish89 said:

Omg i am so sorry for your loss. I hope youre fine. Please do stay safe <3 :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block