This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases 'Hold It Against Me' single in 2011 (January 10)

10 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I was checking if you guys would notice something was really wrong with the post :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

BritneyLuv and @Jitterbug, i thought yall would notice i was lying through my teeth because i am going to turn 15 this year :orangu_orangutan_ape: 

Anyways, i did not know of the unreleased concept but it sounds so cool and even tho it would be amazing, we been knew it would not be authentic at all because Britney did not feel this era at all. Even in the Myah Marie Jean era she had more happiness :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Ok now I feel even older seeing you’re actually 15 years old now 😂 enjoy your youth and innocence hahaha:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 3

Wow. This is one of the last times I was truly happy in my life. Can’t believe it’s been 10 years. I remember exactly where I was when I downloaded the single onto my iPhone 4s. Had to support my girl on the very first day it came out. I was CRAZY about this song. I still feel like it’s one of her best. Love the video so much. 

I wonder what happened that Britney hates it (Besides the obvious)? It’s like she wants to erase it from her memory. 

This is also where we got the famous “IM A MOTHER NOW”

OMG I remember those teasers! They gave us LIFE and got us so pumped. 

I LOVE the whole HIAM vibe and aesthetic. Down to the creepy electric chair/shock. So my style. Even the font and style of the lettering. I love the way the video looked as well as the stages during the promo performances. 

this is actually the last era where I was SUPER STANNING. But I selfishly loved it. All of the aesthetics were perfect, but there was no heart, soul, or passion. and it was obvious Britney’s heart wasn’t in it and she was just going through the motions...she was so medicated just to help her cope. I wish they wouldn’t have made her do it. 

I’m also glad Exhale is at a place now where I can talk about this. Mentioning any of that actually during the era would get you crucified here. 

Here’s the teasers in order. Could you guys imagine getting one of these a day? Such a genius way to get excitement going. 

• 2 weeks later...