This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases 'Hold It Against Me' single in 2011 (January 10)

24 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I was checking if you guys would notice something was really wrong with the post :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

BritneyLuv and @Jitterbug, i thought yall would notice i was lying through my teeth because i am going to turn 15 this year :orangu_orangutan_ape: 

Anyways, i did not know of the unreleased concept but it sounds so cool and even tho it would be amazing, we been knew it would not be authentic at all because Britney did not feel this era at all. Even in the Myah Marie Jean era she had more happiness :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

You are such a young'n! I wish I had this kind of community at 15 so enjoy and feel free to be yourself here! :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

Also, your post finally made me realize why I always got censored when I said road-blocks.... "cupcakes" must change to "cupcakes" I am shook :ohnoney_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_sunglasses_surprised_shocked_what:

• Love 2

I honestly never listen to this song.:roxxy:
I can see why people like the song, but It's not for me. I dunno. I can't even put my finger on it, but it's probably my least favorite of her lead singles.

But I do have memories of watching the teasers as they trickled in and of how excited I was.

I watched live performance and remember the choreography detail.. some of fans also noticed back then - 2 policeman tied her and forced to set on throne.. I was wondering did Britney come up with an idea or the team teased everyone like that cause no one was able to do something or even worse the message to Brit that she would remain trapped :?  

• Like 1

I remember distinctly sitting in art class with my close friends, grade 11 or 12 and putting my headphones in to hear the song for the first time. I remember hearing Britney’s euphoric vocals in the chorus, squealing and then tearing up being like “that my baby right there”. I was so proud of this one. It was my favourite between gimme more and hiam. My most played song for a few years to come too. It was such a moment. I don’t think I was as ever impressed with any of her other singles since then 

• Love 2