This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases 'Hold It Against Me' single in 2011 (January 10)

8 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I was in 9th Grade at the time, and still remembering 15-year old me being hyped up by the teasers which would eventually lead to this iconic music video :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I do have to say that as out of touch her team tends to be, this was a brilliant marketing campaign. I remember awaiting those little teasers every day and if Britney were in a better place, I think the music video could have been epic. Jonas Akerlund came up with an incredible concept, but I can't help but think her team put up rocupcakess every step of the way. As it is, the video is quintessential Britney, but the whole era was marred by a lack of energy and overall dead appearance that admittedly improved over the course of the tour. 

I feel like the whole point of the video was that she was this unique alien specimen sent to Earth and while she originally thrived in front of all the cameras and limelight, it completely broke her until she triumphantly arose from the ashes to reclaim her rightly earned throne. However, while she may not have been in the same horrible place as 2007 - early 2008, the whole "BRITNEY HAS FULLY RECOVERED AND IS BACK BETTER THAN EVER" seemed to be more about gaslighting the fans and Team Colon patting themselves on the back rather than celebrating a happy and healthy Britney overcoming the odds and taking her career back with confidence :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

• Love 6

I think this is one of her best songs, I love it so much. One of her best singles since GM and Circus. One of her best lead singles. I was so addicted to it in 2011. Its such a bop with an amazing production! 

Listening to HAIM was an ethereal experience. I just couldn’t believe how good it was.

Funny that it seemed to be the bigger hit from the FF era but the second single TTWE turned out to be a slow burner Success and eventually became the flagship of that era. It was also performed until 2017-2018. 

maybe the the dubstep in HIAM didn’t age so well? Idc though I love both ♥️

• Love 3
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

I was checking if you guys would notice something was really wrong with the post :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

2 hours ago, britneyluv said:

I do have to say that as out of touch her team tends to be, this was a brilliant marketing campaign. I remember awaiting those little teasers every day and if Britney were in a better place, I think the music video could have been epic. Jonas Akerlund came up with an incredible concept, but I can't help but think her team put up rocupcakess every step of the way. As it is, the video is quintessential Britney, but the whole era was marred by a lack of energy and overall dead appearance that admittedly improved over the course of the tour. 

I feel like the whole point of the video was that she was this unique alien specimen sent to Earth and while she originally thrived in front of all the cameras and limelight, it completely broke her until she triumphantly arose from the ashes to reclaim her rightly earned throne. However, while she may not have been in the same horrible place as 2007 - early 2008, the whole "BRITNEY HAS FULLY RECOVERED AND IS BACK BETTER THAN EVER" seemed to be more about gaslighting the fans and Team Colon patting themselves on the back rather than celebrating a happy and healthy Britney overcoming the odds and taking her career back with confidence :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

BritneyLuv and @Jitterbug, i thought yall would notice i was lying through my teeth because i am going to turn 15 this year :orangu_orangutan_ape: 

Anyways, i did not know of the unreleased concept but it sounds so cool and even tho it would be amazing, we been knew it would not be authentic at all because Britney did not feel this era at all. Even in the Myah Marie Jean era she had more happiness :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Haha 1