Emma Bunton - Viva Forever (solo performance)

jordeezy river red

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh nice, never heard this before. Thanks for posting.

Always loved/love the Spice Girls. I have three sisters who followed them religiously, so I basically grew up on their music. They always bring back very good childhood memories.

Underrated and undervalued in the pop world, they have written some of the best (pop) tunes in the last 30 years, with great lyrics to boot (Say you’ll be there, 2 become 1, Mama, Who do you think you are, Stop...)

Viva Forever is no exception; it would have been a bigger  hit had it not been released around the time Geri left the band (and an actual video was shot with the girls in it). Weirdly, this actually only adds to the emotional gravitas of the song. It’s like their “I will always love you” 

Does anyone think it sounds like an early/mid career Madonna Ballad (with the Spanish influences and breathy vocals)?

7 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Oh nice, never heard this before. Thanks for posting.

Always loved/love the Spice Girls. I have three sisters who followed them religiously, so I basically grew up on their music. They always bring back very good childhood memories.

Underrated and undervalued in the pop world, have written some of the best (pop) tunes in the last 30 years, with great lyrics to boot (Say you’ll be there, 2 become 1, Mama, Who do you think you are, Stop...)

Viva Forever is no exception; it would have been a bigger  hit had it not been released around the time Geri left the band (and an actual video was shot with the girls in it). Weirdly, this actually only adds to the emotional gravitas of the song. It’s like there “I will always love you” 

Does anyone think it sounds like an early/mid career Madonna Ballad (with the Spanish influences and breathy vocals)?

It does remind me of Madonna's 90s ballads too...I love it.  I really wish they would have released an album in 1998 

Archived