Twitter permanently suspends Trump

Easy There

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not just him. Its seemingly everyone who has conservative views.

I'm not a conservative but I am personally not celebrating this. This sets a dangerous precedent. 

I am not for censorship on ANY platform. They are also trying to shut down the conservative alternative to Twitter (Parler). Liberals more than anyone should know the importance of having a "safe space."

Given what happened on the 6th, I don't believe that the best answer is to silence 80+ million people when the country is already in a fragile and divisive state. I also don't believe another impeachment when there are only 12 days left to his presidency is the answer. 

The media could simply not pay attention to Trump. But all I see this past year is everything bad that happens being used as an excuse to exercise further restrictions on everyone. If Big Tech and the government continue pulling this **** I honestly believe what happened on the 6th is going to seem mild compared to what's coming. But at this point I'm starting to think these people thrive from this chaos.

Scary times we are living in.

5 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

It's not just him. Its seemingly everyone who has conservative views.

I'm not a conservative but I am personally not celebrating this. This sets a dangerous precedent. 

I am not for censorship on ANY platform. They are also trying to shut down the conservative alternative to Twitter (Parler). Liberals more than anyone should know the importance of having a "safe space."

Given what happened on the 6th, I don't believe that the best answer is to silence 80+ million people when the country is already in a fragile and divisive state. I also don't believe another impeachment when there are only 12 days left to his presidency is the answer. 

The media could simply not pay attention to Trump. But all I see this past year is everything bad that happens being used as an excuse to exercise further restrictions on everyone. If Big Tech and the government continue pulling this **** I honestly believe what happened on the 6th is going to seem mild compared to what's coming. But at this point I'm starting to think these people thrive from this chaos.

Scary times we are living in.

In all honesty he broke so many rules in the par and didn't got banned. All he had to do is not initiate terrorist attacks.

At the end of the day Twitter is private company and they can do what they want. After all when you sign up you agree with their rules.

18 minutes ago, Easy There said:

In all honesty he broke so many rules in the par and didn't got banned. All he had to do is not initiate terrorist attacks.

At the end of the day Twitter is private company and they can do what they want. After all when you sign up you agree with their rules.

While you have a point and I am not excusing anything he has done, it just doesn't sit well with me. It makes me uncomfortable. But then again I grew up with dystopian, post-apocalyptic literature. 

Big Tech is increasingly becoming more powerful and to be honest I don't even think they should be considered "private companies." I believe they have too much influence and there needs to be more checks and balances on them. Especially considering how much information/data they mine from us for free.

I honestly feel like doing that right now is going to make the situation worse, not better. I don't care so much about banning him, but they are seemingly happy banning anyone with a conservative platform and that I do not agree with at all. And to reiterate, I am not a conservative. But it's very dangerous to be silencing people and forcing everyone to think the same. That **** is not supposed to fly in the U.S. 

YouTubers who even mention corona virus or the elections are getting deplatformed. 

The damage is done. Banning him isn’t going to stop the 70+ million people that voted for him from voicing their opinions and carrying on his agenda. MAGA isn’t republican its a movement. Social media platforms should have nipped this in the butt four years ago. What they’ve done now is proven Trump right. He has kept saying that the media is fake and silences people...now they’ve ‘banned’ him. All they have done now is fanned the fires and things in America are going to implode from here :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

I am glad I have my passport :janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food:

@MyahJeanSpears

Rules are rules. Should apply to all. 

Can you really call out censorship and then say you have a problem with big tech. Hasn’t technology and free speech always gone hand in hand from the inception of the printing press up until now. Its symbiotic.

Society (or collective behaviour) is an entropic system, it always moves towards chaos.

Interesting. Can you name some of them books you are referring to?

9 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

@MyahJeanSpears

Rules are rules. Should apply to all. 

Can you really call out censorship and then say you have a problem with big tech. Hasn’t technology and free speech always gone hand in hand from the inception of the printing press up until now. Its symbiotic.

Society (or collective behaviour) is an entropic system, it always moves towards chaos. Is it because the feedback loop is filled with too many mistruths, and half truths. It it’s the law of the universe. Which would explain time.

Interesante. Can you name some of them books you are referring to?

Girl, what? :wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

18 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

The damage is done. Banning him isn’t going to stop the 70+ million people that voted for him from voicing their opinions and carrying on his agenda. MAGA isn’t republican its a movement. Social media platforms should have nipped this in the butt four years ago. What they’ve done now is proven Trump right. He has kept saying that the media is fake and silences people...now they’ve ‘banned’ him. All they have done now is fanned the fires and things in America are going to implode from here :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

I am glad I have my passport :janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food:

Girl you are assuming **** isn't balls to the wall crazy right now in the rest of the world. There is nowhere to run. lol

Archived