Zara Larsson drops "Talk About Love" off forthcoming album 'POSTERGIRL'

It's funny how back in 2016, lots of people had her pegged as the next main pop girl... What happened? 

From what I can gather - she creates all her own music independently through TEN (a Swedish label) and then hands it over to Epic for distribution? No shade, but surely someone would have noticed by now that this doesn't seem to be working...?

I feel like her songs are good (nice radio bops!) but literally no one gets to hear them? I pull up "Love Me Land" or "All The Time" on YouTube for friends often, and every time the reaction extremely positive. (And then there's the leaked stuff... "Back and Forth" would have been an absolute SMASH and coulda been her true North American breakthrough, but Epic had the sheer audacity to ship it off to that K-Pop group after "Ruin My Life" didn't pop off like they wanted it to?  Sony, chile... Can we TALK?!)

Basically what I'm saying is that I don't think it's her, or even the music specifically. I think it's the classic case of Epic not knowing how to have 2 horses in the same race. They seem to be placing all of their bets on Camila Cabello, and apparently don't know how to properly market 2 pop girls at once?

Noooooo bueno.

• Like 1

Something is getting lost. She should have had bigger success with Ruin My Life and All the Time for sure. And also Love Me Land from last year was really good but apparently didn’t make an impression? It’s way better than this song which sounds like a boring Ariana b-side that the label is trying to push for the US market.

She does everything right. Her vocals. Video. Look. She’s killing it. 

but I can’t help but feel that no one knows her. Like how does he music not reach nor people? Everyone I show her songs to is obsessed. And ruin my life is one of the best songs of the past few years. 

It's a shame that she lost the impetus her first international album gave her (I recommend her music before that album, especially Bad Boys!). She had great songs which should have been smashes (WOW, Love Me Land) but she also releases ok-ish but dull singles like this one :/

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block