Nicki Minaj loses copyright lawsuit, must pay Tracy Chapman $450,000

2 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

If your girl is busy making original content then why is she trying to rip off other artists to collect coin after being told not more than once? :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Listen, I love Nicki, but this ain’t it. Tracy is a classic and respected. Nicki knows that or she wouldn't have tried to sample her music.:lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

She knew she’d lose this case if it went to trial so she said F it lemme pay the lawyer fees and take the track down etc, so Nicki is smart on that. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

People make mistakes. Move onto another argument sis. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Y’all chill Nicki’s team personally settled  on a 450k bargain which is a win because Tracy would’ve lost a lot of money. Think of it as a generous gesture. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

ALEXA PLAY WIN AGAIN BY THE QUEEN OF RAP :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Like 1
11 hours ago, limezd said:

Actually Tracy sold 13 million albums in USA with her first 4 albums alone. Her first album sold 20 million world wide by itself.

Compared to Nicki with 6.5 million sold in USA with 4 albums:

Tracy has a career that spans 33 years.

Nicki hasn had a hit song in the last 2-3 years, and it’s been only 10 years since she release her first album.

Talk about longevity.

Tracy *had* a career that spanned under 24 seconds. 

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, limezd said:

Actually Tracy sold 13 million albums in USA with her first 4 albums alone. Her first album sold 20 million world wide by itself.

Compared to Nicki with 6.5 million sold in USA with 4 albums:

Tracy has a career that spans 33 years.

Nicki hasn had a hit song in the last 2-3 years, and it’s been only 10 years since she release her first album.

Talk about longevity.

I really don't like Nicky Minaj's music or persona but please try to turn on critical thinking. You can not compare selling albums in age of internet to age of radio.

45 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

I really don't like Nicky Minaj's music or persona but please try to turn on critical thinking. You can not compare selling albums in age of internet to age of radio.

I know you can’t. It’s easier now to sell albums. You just need people to stream your songs online. Or make it go viral and you get album sales numbers. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

Also Taylor and Adele are finding ways to sell their albums in radio age. Why can’t Nicki? It’s cuz she’s a has been. Lol

On 1/9/2021 at 2:15 AM, ColdAsFire88 said:

The thing is she did ask. She asked more than once and was told no every single time but the song was still recorded and leaked. 

Well karma then. If she was denied to use it multiple times, I think it's only fair she had to pay.

Shows absolute no professionality and no respect from Nicki's side.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block