The Free Britney movement imploded | Where do we go from here? (New BreatheHeavy Video!)

Edited thanks to a member's education/perspective:

Jordan touched on this in his video, but if Britney was truly feeling imprisoned, I believe she would say something if she were feeling endangered, unless any alleged abuse has led her to feel trapped or without options.  Because she has not said something, I'm left to wonder if:  1) she's caught in an abusive/fearful circumstance, 2) she accepts the general circumstances for some reason or  3) she's playing carefully in order to protect her remaining access to her children: a parent's true sacrifice.  

Once her children turn 18 in a few years, we may witness a different Britney...a Britney who has nothing to lose.  Until then, who knows...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Goten21 said:

I hate this mentality. They weren't able to help her for an entire decade.

If everyone who was meddling with her life (aka literally everyone) put her in that place, then why can't the people who appreciate her the most (her fans) try and get her out of it? 

Fans can try all they like, but unless they're handing Ingham and her incoming legal team something tangible that can be put on the court record, they're not going to make much of a difference.

Tangible = A declaration from a witness, or some other form of evidence

The information can't sit on Twitter, or a bristol board sign, or an Internet forum. That's of absolutely no use whatsoever.

It has to appear on the court record for it to be of use to the judge.

That is simply how the court system works.

Also...

Why do you think they weren't able to help her for an entire decade?

Probably because there was nothing tangible for Ingham to work with until something changed.

What changed?

Jamie assaulted his grandson. That resulted in a restraining order.

A restraining order is a legal document.

Once the restraining order went on the court record, Ingham would have finally had something real and palpable to work with.

• Leader
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't know, I still feel like after what happened, it will be difficult for many to just brush it off and move on as if nothing happened. Whether you think one side had the reason, or the other, both acted pretty bad, and I don't feel comfortable like, following either of them. I mean, following in the sense of supporting them and be there in anticipation of everything that they do or say, or blindly believing they have the best intentions when "taking ownership" of this movement. 

So it's like, ugh, all of this drama was so unnecessary, like, none of us should've known anything about this and they should've fixed this situation behind the scenes. :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:

I feel you. The whole situation was kinda surprising to me - as in I was surprised it went down like that. When I saw all the statements posted at the same time :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:

then LFB’s replies :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:

• Like 1
  • Leader
2 hours ago, Louis-j said:

I've seen several videos and my advice would be to add a bit more of your personality to it and to make it less formal and more fun. I know it's hard to talk behind a camera and you're doing a pretty good job with it.

:) 

This is me adding in my personality :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: haha thanks for the feedback tho! I’ll try and amp it up some more 😌

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Fans can try all they like, but unless they're handing Ingham and her incoming legal team something tangible that can be put on the court record, they're not going to make much of a difference.

The information can't sit on Twitter, or a bristol board sign, or an Internet forum. That's of absolutely no use whatsoever.

Also...

Probably because there was nothing tangible for Ingham to work with until something changed.

What changed?

Once the restraining order went on the court record, Ingham would have finally had something real and palpable to work with.

I just don’t think it’s the right mentality. Your arguments hold merrit (only things behind the scenes can actually change things for her legal status), but there’s absolutely good reason to make sure this case keeps getting talked about and isn’t forgotten. Even though your original comment doesn’t exactly oppose this, it’s definitely in that spirit. Sorry if I misunderstood that though

Has Ingham been her lawyer for the entire decade? I’m pretty sure she hasn’t been allowed to choose her own lawyer and that he had been appointed to her relatively recently, but if anyone can confirm this that’d be great.

• Leader
1 hour ago, Goten21 said:

A lot of people have mentioned something about the word imploded... To be honest, I definitely see what you mean. With so many people making a video about this, it definitely spreads awareness, but it also makes the entire issue feel crowded and somehow like it's been solved. Since everyone has made their video, it feels like it's said and done, but that's absolutely not the case. The conservatorship court dates for her potential release have been getting pushed back for the longest time now, and I don't think people realize that it's far from over.

It's hard for newer generations to grasp on how they can actually make a difference, since nowadays everything feels so... Correct? I've personally never had to worry about something so corrupt happening, and I can imagine lots of young adults feel the same in the USA

Thank youuuuu. I did think imploded was a good word heh but I can also see why people are saying it’s a little dramatic tho :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

1 minute ago, Goten21 said:

I just don’t think it’s the right mentality. Your arguments hold merrit (only things behind the scenes can actually change things for her legal status), but there’s absolutely good reason to make sure this case keeps getting talked about and isn’t forgotten. Even though your original comment doesn’t exactly say this, it’s definitely in the same spirit. 

Has Ingham been her lawyer for the entire decade? I’m pretty sure she hasn’t been allowed to choose her own lawyer and that he had been appointed to her relatively recently, but if anyone can confirm this that’d be great.

Samual Ingham III was assigned to her in February of 2008, after Judge Reva Goetz determined that she was not able to choose her own lawyer. She had tried to retain Adam Streisand, but it was ruled that she must use Ingham.

It was Ingham that determined that she was not competent after visiting her in her hospital room for 15 minutes. At the time, that was not a shock. She was likely coming down from the effects of the **** cocktails that Lutfi was crushing and putting in her food, along with her Adderall prescription and all of the Red Bulls she had been chugging.

And at the time, that was fine. This was supposed to be a temporary conservatorship, not a permanent one.

I definitely think fans need to keep a spotlight on this story so that the public becomes more aware. We both agree on that.

However, at the end of the day, the "movement" can only do so much. If it implodes, it will still be Ingham who will plod on, incrementally moving her through the court process until she is finally free.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Samual Ingham III was assigned to her in February of 2008, after Judge Reva Goetz determined that she was not able to choose her own lawyer. She had tried to retain Adam Streisand, but it was ruled that she must use Ingham.

It was Ingham that determined that she was not competent after visiting her in her hospital room for 15 minutes. At the time, that was not a shock. She was likely coming down from the effects of the **** cocktails that Lutfi was crushing and putting in her food, along with her Adderall prescription and all of the Red Bulls she had been chugging.

And at the time, that was fine. This was supposed to be a temporary conservatorship, not a permanent one.

I definitely think fans need to keep a spotlight on this story so that the public becomes more aware. We both agree on that.

However, at the end of the day, the "movement" can only do so much. If it implodes, it will still be Ingham who will plod on, incrementally moving her through the court process until she is finally free.

Ah I fully agree with u then actually

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

Ah I fully agree with u then actually

I think where fans can start to become more effective is to identify areas where there is a "gap."

Right now, there are a number of people who work in the legal profession who are assisting. They appear to be the ones causing the drama by fighting over "ownership" of the materials they are uncovering.

So where can regular fans help?

Maybe there could be a more targeted campaign against RCA? (e.g. Does Britney even know that Glory was re-released with two new tracks? She's never commented personally.)

Maybe there could be a more targeted campaign that involves specific media outlets or programs? (e.g. Dateline NBC, Billboard, or MTV...The last two used to write detailed stories about the conservatorship back in 2008. But have they recently?)

There needs to be a way to move the story out of the "echo chamber" of the Britney fanbase and make it available to a wider audience...I'm just not sure right now what that might be.

5 hours ago, jrbattell said:

Jordan touched on this in his video, but if Britney was truly feeling imprisoned, I believe she would say something like any human being would if they were feeling endangered (it's instinct).  Even if she doesn't have access to her Instagram account (allegedly), then it wouldn't be difficult to slip an SOS to a reputable celebrity friend, or knock on the gates of CBS studios, or simply walk outside to a line of paparazzi who are ready to record her plea.  Because she has not done this, I'm left to believe that: 1) she accepts the general circumstances for some reason or  2) she's playing carefully in order to protect her remaining access to her children: a parent's true sacrifice.  

Once her children turn 18 in a few years, we may witness a different Britney...a Britney who has nothing to lose.  Until then, who knows...

Or she's afraid of being institutionalized again against her will as she already has?  Ingham has also confirmed she is afraid of her father.  I mean this respectfully, but you do understand that an abused person may be afraid of taking any action right?  Just like so many abused spouses that sometimes never 'say something'.  Kind of naive to believe 'any human being' has the same liberties or circumstances that would merit taking action

• Like 1
6 hours ago, feo said:

Or she's afraid of being institutionalized again against her will as she already has?  Ingham has also confirmed she is afraid of her father.  I mean this respectfully, but you do understand that an abused person may be afraid of taking any action right?  Just like so many abused spouses that sometimes never 'say something'.  Kind of naive to believe 'any human being' has the same liberties or circumstances that would merit taking action

That's a very good perspective; thank you for that.  I didn't consider the situation at that level initially, but you bring up good points.  I edited my initial post to reflect your insight.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Also...

What changed?

Britney herself can be a potential witness. Why she's never deposed?

• Leader
13 hours ago, Stefani said:

If there was any implosion of the movement, it was probably caused by Jamie's people sabotaging the movement from the inside. Now spill, which one of y'all is Jamie in disguise? :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Lol I can't tell if you're joking or not lol but I honestly don't think they had anything to do with this. Imagine them checking Exhale drama :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Catalin said:

Britney herself can be a potential witness. Why she's never deposed?

Maybe Ingham is saving that as the "mic drop" moment? 

The "finisher" that will put a nail in Jamie's coffin?

I have a feeling that enough about Jamie and Lou may be exposed through the discovery process that is going on right now that Britney will get her way without having to resort to that. 

• Like 1

It sounds like a desperate attempt for clout when it come to some of these “leaders” in the free Britney movement! I wish none of this had happened cause now I don’t have trust in any of them and unfollowed them all! Kevin at Free Britney LA I thought was in it for the good, but after seeing those alleged messages leaked he was in made me disgusted! I also think it wasn’t right for the accounts to ban together to attack Lawyers for Britney with no actual proof. They all made everyone looks crazy and it wasn’t right cause all of us won’t agree that’s just life! I’m not going to be told by anyone on how to be a fan of Britney’s and controlled or told what to do in regards to Brit! I’m glad @Breatheheavy Exhale wasn’t part of this mess! I think they excluded Jordan cause they want clout and attention and everyone knows Jordan has been around forever! Sad this happened and The Gram Girls kept making promises as never came through! So much time is being wasted in the movement with fighting and lies it’s sad to think people are using Britney for their own personal gain allegedly! 

• Love 2
  • Like 2