The Free Britney movement imploded | Where do we go from here? (New BreatheHeavy Video!)

• Leader

Hey Exhale, now that we've had some time to digest what happened amongst some of our go-to #FreeBritney advocate accounts, including BritneysGram, @lawyersforbritney and FreeBritneyLA, among others, I decided to make a video about it. 

The situation kind of bummed me out because it felt to me like it slowed down the momentum of the Free Britney movement.

I spoke with BritneysGram and LawyersForBritney to try and get a better understanding of what went down (from their perspectives) and recorded a video about it.

In my video, I refer viewers to this topic here on Exhale.

A big component about this saga deals with what appear to be pages from Britney Spears' Piece Of Me Las Vegas residency contract posted by LawyersForBritney on their Instagram account before it was mysteriously disabled. Because there was so much buzz regarding the accounts feuding with one another, people lost sight of how the fire was sparked in the first place. It was in part because of these pages from Britney's contract. 

Below are the documents per LawyersForBritney. 

As for the video above, I'd love to know what you think. It's definitely one you need to sit down and carve out a few minutes (18 to be exact heh) and absorb. There's a lot of information (but it's a darn good video if I do say so myself). 

Mucho love and respect to the Free Britney accounts mentioned above and to all Britney fans. 

Related:

video-gram.jpg

• Love 4
  • Like 1

I just watched it. Great video! It sounds like a lot of meddling could potentially be going on from "he said, she said" scenarios. I also believe this is proof of why courts should be meeting IN PERSON. Just imagine all of the hacking that has gone on since 2020. I hope everyone takes all communication with a grain of salt because it sounds like a lot of private messages are going back and forth with randoms on Twitter. It happens between celebs too, people love to stir a pot and create drama between popular people online. I am annoyed about the attempted whistleblower revealing, though. What a shame that these powerful accounts have given legs to this rumor. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Kind of a stretch to say that the entire movement imploded as stated in the title but beside that it's a good recap.

As long as she has legal constraints on her life, there will be fans who will support the fight for her freedom, and that's all that matters. I think these bickering accounts (and even jordy thinking he should have been part of the discussion :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:) all have an inflated sense of their role in the movement.

I doubt any true supporters of #freebritney are swayed in any meaningful way when it comes to this petty drama. It's literally so pointless and irrelevant. Sure, lawyersforbrit, britsgram, BH/exhale, etc are some mediums through which the movement is discussed, but they could all disappear tomorrow and #freebritney would remain as strong as ever. The fight for her freedom belongs to her supporters and exists independently of these outlets. Can't help but think the attention this has brought to these accounts has gone to their head, it's sad to see.    

• Love 4
  • Like 3
  • Leader
4 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I agree with the sentiment that Britney’s freedom is what we should be focusing on and the ultimate goal, and we need all the help we can get.

But it is going to be hard to do that if one of those FreeBritney accounts might be trying to sabotage from within. Just yesterday, they were seemingly trying to paint a bad picture on Twitter of Lisa McCarley, an actual conservatorship lawyer who’s been advocating for Britney. Even if they didn’t have bad intentions towards Lisa, for being supposed lawyers, their own negligence at doing their own research (which took me 5 minutes to do on my own) before making unsubstantiated claims on Twitter, is REALLY suspect. 

Not to mention BritneysGram claims that LawyersForBritney was trying to paint a bad picture of BritneysGram to other #FreeBritney groups, that AS LAWYERS, they might’ve exposed the name of the person who created the voicemail for BritneysGram (which is dangerous for confidentiality and for Britney’s freedom if other people near her want to speak out anonymously), that they leaked BritneysGram’s personal phone numbers in screenshots, that they seem so loyal to Sam Ingham, etc.

The only bad judgment BritneysGram made so far is calling out LaywersForBritney without being able to provide proof, while LawyersForBritney has been acting very self-interested and very suspicious. I’m not saying they haven’t done good things as well, and I appreciate that, but for being supposed lawyers, they’re acting very self-interested, and taking actions and saying things without thinking of the negative repercussions it’ll have on Britney or the #FreeBritney movement.

I think it’s important to be keeping these things in the back of our minds when LawyersForBritney makes statements and tweets from now on.

Awesome comment @Urbanney. I agree that them seemingly talking about Ms. McCarley was a strange move. Like, why? 

I also agree and probably should have mentioned in the video that I personally thought it wasn't a good call to attempt to reveal a potential whistleblower. Man, I covered so much in this video and yet I keep having things come to me like "OH, I should have said this, mentioned that etc," but that's to be expected when this situation is continually evolving, changing and shapeshifting. 

• Love 3
  • Leader
5 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I just watched it. Great video! It sounds like a lot of meddling could potentially be going on from "he said, she said" scenarios. I also believe this is proof of why courts should be meeting IN PERSON. Just imagine all of the hacking that has gone on since 2020. I hope everyone takes all communication with a grain of salt because it sounds like a lot if private messages are going back and forth with random on Twitter. It happens between celebs too, people love to stir a pot and create drama between popular people online. I am annoyed about the attempted whistleblower revealing, though. What a shame that these powerful accounts have given legs to this rumor. 

Thank you!! :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer: to you for watching this 18 minute video in its first half an hour online :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

I agree that in person is way way better, but this pandemic is putting a huge monkey wrench in things. At this point people are literally breaking into the Capitol building. If someone wants to wreak havoc, they will :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Like 1
  • Leader
6 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Kind of a stretch to say that the entire movement imploded as stated in the title but beside that it's a good recap.

As long as she has legal constraints on her life, there will be fans who will support the fight for her freedom, and that's all that matters. I think these bickering accounts (and even jordy thinking he should have been part of the discussion :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:) all have an inflated sense of their role in the movement.

I doubt any true supporters of #freebritney are swayed in any meaningful way when it comes to this petty drama. It's literally so pointless and irrelevant. Sure, lawyersforbrit, britsgram, BH/exhale, etc are some mediums through which the movement is discussed, but they could all disappear tomorrow and #freebritney would remain as strong as ever. The fight for her freedom belongs to her supporters and exists independently of these outlets. Can't help but think the attention this has brought to these accounts has gone to their head, it's sad to see.    

Yea the title of the video is a bit extra I will admit. It did feel to me like it imploded a bit though. BUT, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Things contract and expand all the time. I do feel like what happened put a crack in the glass, but we can still move forward if we work together (as cheesy as that sounds, it's true).

And ngl I low-key disagree with this.

Sure, lawyersforbrit, britsgram, BH/exhale, etc are some mediums through which the movement is discussed, but they could all disappear tomorrow and #freebritney would remain as strong as ever.

I'm obviously biased, but the #FreeBritney movement is a huge *online* movement. It needs these advocacy accounts. If some go down, others will pop up, but with less momentum (imo). It takes a long time to garner a following because of how specific the niche/subject matter is. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Jordan Miller said:

Thank you!! :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer: to you for watching this 18 minute video in its first half an hour online :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

I agree that in person is way way better, but this pandemic is putting a huge monkey wrench in things. At this point people are literally breaking into the Capitol building. If someone wants to wreak havoc, they will :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

People are letting fear dictate and that is when things collapse. What a shame. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: She's been in this conservatorship for 13 years because the people with the power to change things aren't. 

But at the end of the day, the fans have no power.

That's just the way the court system works...True progress can only be made by the lawyers, and what they are able to get onto the court record.

If it doesn't appear on the court record, it effectively doesn't exist.

Do we know what finally provoked Ingham to make a move?

It likely wasn't a piece of information generated by fans. It was likely something Jamie did on his own that allowed Ingham to get it onto the court record.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Jordan Miller said:

Yea the title of the video is a bit extra I will admit. It did feel to me like it imploded a bit though. BUT, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Things contract and expand all the time. I do feel like what happened put a crack in the glass, but we can still move forward if we work together (as cheesy as that sounds, it's true).

And ngl I low-key disagree with this.

I'm obviously biased, but the #FreeBritney movement is a huge *online* movement. It needs these advocacy accounts. If some go down, others will pop up, but with less momentum (imo). It takes a long time to garner a following because of how specific the niche/subject matter is. 

Yeah I get how important the title is in getting the video exposure, I'm not mad about it. Even though I kinda went on a rant about how pointless it all was, it's worth clarifying that I think it's still good coverage of the situation and certainly worth a watch. I might disagree with a point here and there but it was informative and entertaining, so thanks for putting the time in to put this together. 

Thank you for being a leader and trying to steer the ship in the right direction :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

I think that these advocacy groups want to help Britney, but at the same time it feels like one or two of them want to lay claim to really setting Britney free. Not literally, but in terms of releasing information to the public. 

If BG was holding onto the contract info so they could execute an impactful and well done project that could benefit Britney, but that info was then leaked, then they have a right to be upset. I would also think that LFB isn’t in it to win it (freebritney) but to gain clout or praise. I get that the info was exciting and revealing but they should have allowed for BG to execute this said project.

The way this ordeal was addressed was pretty catty. I do agree on that and it should have been dealt with behind the scenes. 

At the end of the day we have to stand united and remember that a human being needs our help. None of this is for our own gain and its simply for Britney herself. 

• Leader
17 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

But at the end of the day, the fans have no power.

Going to have to agree to disagree. 

The first thing that comes to mind are protesters. Yes, *technically* they don't have the power to change legislature, but they do most definitely inspire change through coming together and uniting. Fans DO have power in my opinion. Lots more power than I think most realize. 

IDK why this came to my mind, but watch this:

• Love 4
  • Leader
20 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Yeah I get how important the title is in getting the video exposure, I'm not mad about it. Even though I kinda went on a rant about how pointless it all was, it's worth clarifying that I think it's still good coverage of the situation and certainly worth a watch. I might disagree with a point here and there but it was informative and entertaining, so thanks for putting the time in to put this together. 

Really appreciate that! :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing: A lot of time and energy went into making this so it's always a little nerve-wracking putting something you care about out into the world for people to have an opinion on. 🙏 

• Love 4