NTIFY 2nd verse

Tetris

Even though “Now That I Found You” is one of the better songs on Britney Jean, it still matches the rushed/unfinished nature of the album by not having a proper 2nd verse.

I randomly felt inspired, so I decided to write lyrics to a 2nd verse - keeping close attention to the tone/theme/rhyming scheme of the song. 

Full song lyrics provided below, with my 2nd verse contribution in bold. What do y’all think??

:ehidk_britney_um_eek:

——————————

On a shameless night
In a nameless place
I thought that love was a hopeless case
Til I found you
Til I found you

Lived a wasteful life
In a hateful city
There was no love, just pain and pity
Til I found you
Til I found you

And you don't know how you saved me
And you don't know what you gave me
And you don't know how you saved my life
I can see the light

I have flown away
I have come alive
I am blown away
I have felt the love
I can see the truth
Now that I found you
Now that I found you

I can live my life
I believe in faith
I have found myself
I have lost the hate
I have felt the love
I can see the truth
Now that I found you
Now that I found you

I was aimless but
You were blameless here
Never knew someone could be so sincere
Til I found you
Til I found you

I was fearful of
All the tearful moments
Didn’t have someone, couldn’t read the omens 
Til I found you
Til I found you

And you don't know how you saved my life

I can see the light
I have flown away
I have come alive
I am blown away
I have felt the love
I can see the truth
Now that I found you
Now that I found you

All my life I've waited
For this day
I've waited for you
Now I adore you

All my life I've waited
For this day
Have waited for you
Now I adore you

I can see the light
I have flown away
I have come alive
I am blown away
I have felt the love
I can see the truth
Now that I found you
Now that I found you

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

I was thinking about it the other day because, well, I love BJ and NTIFY :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: and because I was watching the Boys performance from DWADT and noticed how the album version also repeats in the second part, unlike the remix. Then I found out people consider the spoken parts as the actual verses and the "what would it take for you..." as a pre-chorus and that literally blew my mind :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: I've never looked at it that way in almost 20 years :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 25 here

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I was thinking about it the other day because, well, I love BJ and NTIFY :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: and because I was watching the Boys performance from DWADT and noticed how the album version also repeats in the second part, unlike the remix. Then I found out people consider the spoken parts as the actual verses and the "what would it take for you..." as a pre-chorus and that literally blew my mind :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: I've never looked at it that way in almost 20 years :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Omfg haha. I just had to re-listen to Boys to try and divide the song into how you hear it. It felt sooo weeeird having “What would it take for you...” be the verse! So I can imagine how you must have felt when you realized how...everybody else hears the song. 
:pieceofwhat_britney_awkward::hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Do you see the world differently now? That is hilarious. But I guess I kind of see how you thought it that way.

• Haha 1

Speaking of verses, does somebody thinks the structure of I'm slave 4 U is weird? like I don't understand what are the verses after the first chorus and how do you call the "Oh baby, don't u wanna dance up on me?..." and why it repeats after and BEFORE the chorus? it doesn't make any sense wtf is it a pre-chorus or a post-chorus (does that exist anyways?). Also the "get it get it get it" is placed odd on the song, because I don't see it as a "bridge" before the last chorus, but it acts like one, but really, there is no bridge tbh:schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching: 

• Super Mods
3 minutes ago, Oxic said:

Speaking of verses, does somebody thinks the structure of I'm slave 4 U is weird? like I don't understand what are the verses after the first chorus and how do you call the "Oh baby, don't u wanna dance up on me?..." and why it repeats after and BEFORE the chorus? it doesn't make any sense wtf is it a pre-chorus or a post-chorus (does that exist anyways?). Also the "get it get it get it" is placed odd on the song, because I don't see it as a "bridge" before the last chorus, but it acts like one, but really, there is no bridge tbh:schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching: 

yeah it's always been weird. That's why I say ever since Slave, all the lead singles always seem weird to me, and it takes a while for me to get into them.

But yeah, Slave is weird. They kinda "Max-Martin-fied" it on the FFT version.

• Haha 1

• Super Mods
12 minutes ago, Tetris said:

Omfg haha. I just had to re-listen to Boys to try and divide the song into how you hear it. It felt sooo weeeird having “What would it take for you...” be the verse! So I can imagine how you must have felt when you realized how...everybody else hears the song. 
:pieceofwhat_britney_awkward::hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

5 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

Do you see the world differently now? That is hilarious. But I guess I kind of see how you thought it that way.

It just feels like it's part of the spoken intro. :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: She doesn't really start singing until the "pre-chorus", so I've always felt the song doesn't really start until that part. And that's part of why it's one of my least favorite songs on the album

32 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

I like it!  It always bothered me there was no second verse.  Since Brit is on hiatus, someone see if Myah is free to record it. :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

Hahaha. Sis, there are only a few BJ songs even worth saving! Let’s not throw this one to the wolves too. :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

And thank you :)

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Oxic said:

Omg you’re right. It’s just a bunch of parts sometimes repeated and assembled in random order. 
But you know what...it works. Bop is a bop, and that’s the facts. 
:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

27 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It just feels like it's part of the spoken intro. :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: She doesn't really start singing until the "pre-chorus", so I've always felt the song doesn't really start until that part. And that's part of why it's one of my least favorite songs on the album

I rarely listen to Boys willingly. I don’t hate it, it just sorta grates on me the same way I Wanna Go does. They’re very monotonous; the don’t have much levels to them. 

• Like 1