Top 40 Most Popular Songs of 2020!

Hello everyone! :) 

MediaTraffic (United World Chart) has just released the Year-End Charts for most popular songs of last year 2020. Please note that these arent the actual sales of the singles, but popularity, streaming, sales, radio impact, audience, youtube views and chart performances all equally balanced and given to each single in terms of "points" recieved that year.

So, Here is the top 40 most popular songs of last year:

1. Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
XO Recordings / Republic - 15.302.000 points
2. .Dance Monkey - Tones And I
Bad Batch - 10.469.000 points
3. Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa
Warner - 8.801.000 points
4. Roses (Imanbek Remix) - Saint Jhn
Godd Complexx / Hitco - 7.913.000 points
5. Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) - Jawsh 685 & Jason DeRulo
Columbia - 6.514.000 points
6. Rockstar - DaBaby feat. Roddy Ricch
South Coast / Interscope - 6.326.000 points
7. Dynamite - BTS (Bangtan Boys)
Big Hit Entertainment - 5.601.000 points
8. Before You Go - Lewis Capaldi
Virgin / Universal - 5.495.000 points
9. The Box - Roddy Ricch
Atlantic - 5.439.000 points
10. Watermelon Sugar - Harry Styles
Erskine / Columbia - 5.298.000 points
11. Say So - Doja Cat (feat. Nicki Minaj)
Kemosabe / RCA - 5.147.000 points
12. Memories - Maroon 5
Interscope - 5.040.000 points
13. Mood - 24kGoldn feat. Iann Dior
Records / Columbia - 4.380.000 points
14. Breaking Me - Topic feat. A7S
Virgin / Universal - 4.380.000 points
15. Rain On Me - Lady GaGa & Ariana Grande
Interscope - 4.213.000 points
16. Circles - Post Malone
Republic - 4.188.000 points
17.  Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
Virgin / Capitol - 4.162.000 points
18. Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
Warner - 4.049.000 points
19. WAP - Cardi B feat. Megan Thee Stallion
Atlantic - 4.040.000 points
20. Adore You - Harry Styles
Erskine / Columbia - 3.998.000 points
21. Death Bed - Powfu feat. Beabadoobee
Robots And Humans / Columbia - 3.623.000 points
22. Intentions - Justin Bieber feat. Quavo
Def Jam - 3.564.000 points
23. Toosie Slide - Drake
OVO Sound / Republic - 3.414.000 points
24. Tusa - Karol G feat. Nicki Minaj
Republic / Universal Latino - 3.382.000 points
25. Hawái - Maluma
Sony Music Latin - 3.356.000 points
26. Life Is Good - Future feat. Drake
Freebandz / Epic - 3.355.000 points
27. Roxanne - Arizona Zervas
Arizona Zervas / Columbia - 3.280.000 points
28. Physical - Dua Lipa
Warner - 3.217.000 points
29. Ride It - Regard
Ministry Of Sound - 3.197.000 points
30. Everything I Wanted - Billie Eilish
Darkroom / Interscope - 3.144.000 points
31. Bad Guy - Billie Eilish
Darkroom / Interscope - 2.979.000 points
32. Falling - Trevor Daniel
Alamo Records - 2.949.000 points
33. Kings & Queens - Ava Max
Atlantic - 2.945.000 points
34. Head & Heart - Joel Corry feat. MNEK
Perfect Havoc / Asylum - 2.923.000 points
35. Yummy - Justin Bieber
Def Jam - 2.679.000 points
36. Savage - Megan Thee Stallion (feat. Beyoncé)
300 Entertainment / 1501 Certified / Warner - 2.557.000 points
37. Ritmo (Bad Boys For Life) - Black Eyed Peas & J Balvin
Epic - 2.505.000 points
38. Ily (I Love You Baby) - Surf Mesa feat. Emilee
Surf Mesa / Astralwerks - 2.500.000 points
39. Señorita - Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello
Island - 2.470.000 points
40. Dákiti - Bad Bunny feat. Jhay Cortez
Rimas Entertainment - 2.410.000 points

So as we see here...unsurprisingly, Weeknd's mega-hit song from his monstrous era "After Hours" influenced from the 80s synth-pop scene held the top position gathering 15 million+ points. The song was #1 in the UWC for 17 weeks and had massive radio impact, boosted further more with it being one of the most popular songs on tik tok, and was continuously being played in music video channels such as MTV.

2nd is tik-tok famous single "Dance Monkey" from Tones and I which boosted the group to massive heights managing to climb to such a high position due to its huge exposure and the singers unique voice. The song was too popular, that it become their first and (possibly) last hit and possibly gained more attention by the various performances of the song.

After Dance Monkey, comes the lead single from the highly-acclaimed 2020 album "Future Nostalgia" by 2020's Disco-Dance Queen, Dua Lipa. The song in its first week had lukewarm performance commercially despite becoming an instant Critics hit but after so, the song started gaining more and more traction due to Dua's unpredictable reinvention and trend-starting catchy nu-disco and strings sound made it it finally reached its peak in 2020, becoming the biggest female solo hit of 2020, shifting over 8 million points. Dua Lipa is the only artist to have 3 songs chart in the top 40!

#4 was the extremely popular remix of a rap song which would have become the perfect dance song for the clubs if they were open and #5 is Savage Love by Jason Derulo which has become his first biggest hit since 2017 with Swalla!

Billie Eilish 2019 single "Bad Guy" still managed to enter the list of most popular songs of 2020 at the position of #31 with over 2 million points and just above it was her biggest hit since "Bad Guy" which was the top 10 single "Everything I wanted". Ava Max had a massive hit song with "Kings & Hearts" which is just expected to become much bigger this year with popularity points of nearly 3 million. The breakout disco-funk pop single by Doja Cat "Say So" was the third-most popular female hit of 2020 having massive popularity and tons of promotion, going platinum-certified in 10+ countries. 

The worlds biggest boy band group BTS single "Dynamite" made massive waves like their other singles but this time, it became their biggest hit ever! peaing at #1 becoming the first k-pop song to in the Billboard Hot 100 achieving 5.000.000+ popularity points. Lady Gaga had the 13th most popular song of 2020, with the second single off her 6th studio album "Chromatica". It is also Ariana's only song to appear in the top 40 of biggest songs of 2020.

Harry Styles, the biggest one directioner as a solo artist had a monumental year breaking the sophomore album curse with the "Fine Line" album and era which had two huge hit singles: Watermelon Sugar (#10: 5,300,000) and Adore You (#20: 4,000,000) making him the only male pop artist to have two songs in the top 20 of most popular songs. Post Malone 2019 pop-rock song "Circles" just became bigger this year, crossing 4.118 million popularity points becoming his second biggest hit single after "Rockstar". 

Justin Bieber nailed the final nail on the coffin to peacefully bury the Changes era...as none of his singles managed to crack the top 20 which was a new low for him especially after the Purpose era which had 4 singles in the top 20. Not even his high-profile collaboration with Shawn Mendes could not manage to be popular enough to hit the top 40. Lewis Capaldi manages to stay as equally popular as he was in 2019...with "Before You Go" and "Somebody i used to love" being respectively the 8th and 17th most popular songs of 2020.

Tik Tok songs like Mood and Death Bed became popular enough in tik tok to transcend its popularity towards streaming services, making it break through top 15 of most popular songs of 2020.

Surprisingly...many songs massively successful in the US couldn't uphold the same impact internationally. For example, if you consider the controversy and attention the song WAP got, you would expect it to be atleast in the top 10 but it shockingly did not even make the top 15! peaking at #19 with 4 million points, with 70% of its points being garnered by the US.

So there you go! What do you guys think? did your fave appear in the list? lemme know :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

doja.jpg.556b4e89d59556be91a3345ceceb70be.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, Style. said:

Not Everything I Wanted and the other song losing the top #30 of the most popular. I told you that streams only get you so far. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

9 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Please note that these arent the actual sales of the singles, but popularity, streaming, sales, radio impact, audience, youtube views and chart performances all equally balanced and given to each single in terms of "points" recieved that year.

With sales, Everything I Wanted has shifted 8-9 million units :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block