Talks of a prequel to 1983's Sleepaway Camp, has led to discussions how will the ending actually work in PC Culture

Spicechinodiva

1983 was the release of the cult classic Sleepaway Camp, it has a very iconic much talked about Plot twist on the Serial Killer. 

But in 2020, the ending wouldn't work with the serial killer as it turned out,  Angela is a boy,  and in today's culture that reveal is considered outdated and makes transgenders look badly, today..

The prequel wants to discuss about the Aunt and how she forced Peter to become Angela, I even said like that makes it better, highlight the forced grooming Cos the Aunt already has a son. 

Many articles are saying this film or prequel will not work in 2020.

I'm saying let this one like 1984's Silent night, Deadly night stay in the 80s and have the audience that actually likes the film,  which has a major gay Male fanbase as most slashers do. 

One of the slashers victims is usually the jock bully, Or the evil father which you know gay men at the time would embrace those victims..

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

1983 was the release of the cult classic Sleepaway Camp, it has a very iconic much talked about Plot twist on the Serial Killer. 

But in 2020, the ending wouldn't work with the serial killer as it turned out,  Angela is a boy,  and in today's culture that reveal is considered outdated and makes transgenders look badly, today..

The prequel wants to discuss about the Aunt and how she forced Peter to become Angela, I even said like that makes it better, highlight the forced grooming Cos the Aunt already has a son. 

Many articles are saying this film or prequel will not work in 2020.

I'm saying let this one like 1984's Silent night, Deadly night stay in the 80s and have the audience that actually likes the film,  which has a major gay Male fanbase as most slashers do. 

One of the slashers victims is usually the jock bully, Or the evil father which you know gay men at the time would embrace those victims..

Next time, a heads up with the spoilers would be much appreciated.

I've never seen it.

Archived