Cosmopolitan Tryin To Pass Bein Morbidly Obese As Healthy

GMFlop

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Is this morbidly obese? Or just obese? 

What constitutes as a healthy weight is dependent on the individual's lifestyle, genetics and microbiome.

While being overweight can be a precursor to the risk of diabetes, heart attack and stroke, it’s also completely possible (and normal) to be overweight and still healthy, especially if you’re free from chronic diseases like hypertension or diabetes. In fact, plenty of "thin" people also suffer from these chronic diseases. Weight is not necessarily a deciding factor.

Some scientific studies have indeed shown an association between excess weight and adverse health outcomes and shorter life spans. There are also studies showing an association between chronic stress, trauma and compromised genetic inheritance, and adverse health outcomes and shorter life spans. What constitutes as a well-lived long and healthy life is not solely based on around weight.

One example of "fitness" not being connected to weight gain is as study where by lean mice were colonized with microbiota from obese mice and significantly increased total body fat, regardless of their exercise or social habits. This study indicates that the gut microbiome plays an important role in obesity and shows that changes in the gut microbiome have a significant impact on weight gain, regardless of fitness. It also indicates that obesity is not just a matter of food choices. It is instead a matter of how gut bacteria process that food. This shifts how we look at obesity, as a metabolic "disease", rather than a consequence of poor lifestyle choices.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1176910/

On a final note, haven't we moved past "men" having the definitive opinion on how a women body should look, be portrayed and what constitutes as a healthy, fit or **** woman. Shouldn't we let women make up their own minds about what..causes huge damage, reduces longevity of a "woman's" life, and most importantly (as you say), the quality of "woman's" life.

As I said, women can do whatever women want to do. I also said that not hating one self because of weight is mentally healthy. My whole point revolves around Cosmopolitan promoting obese as healthy - its not, it never will be. For men or women.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, blackguillemot said:

When will they put normal sized people on covers??

3 hours ago, MX3 said:

I agree I feel like we either see super fit, super skinny or plus sized. I guess the average Joe, who is semi-healthy but has a bit of a dad bod just isn't interesting since ppl see it every day at the office lol 

They did indeed. They published 11 differents covers showing different sizes and races :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

2 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

What constitutes as a healthy weight is dependent on the individual's lifestyle, genetics and microbiome.

While being overweight can be a precursor to the risk of diabetes, heart attack and stroke, it’s also completely possible (and normal) to be overweight and still healthy, especially if you’re free from chronic diseases like hypertension or diabetes. In fact, plenty of "thin" people also suffer from these chronic diseases. Weight is not necessarily a deciding factor.

Some scientific studies have indeed shown an association between excess weight and adverse health outcomes and shorter life spans. There are also studies showing an association between chronic stress, trauma and compromised genetic inheritance, and adverse health outcomes and shorter life spans. What constitutes as a well-lived long and healthy life is not solely based on around weight.

One example of "fitness" not being connected to weight gain is as study where by lean mice were colonized with microbiota from obese mice and significantly increased total body fat, regardless of their exercise or social habits. This study indicates that the gut microbiome plays an important role in obesity and shows that changes in the gut microbiome have a significant impact on weight gain, regardless of fitness. It also indicates that obesity is not just a matter of food choices. It is instead a matter of how gut bacteria process that food. This shifts how we look at obesity, as a metabolic "disease", rather than a consequence of poor lifestyle choices.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1176910/

On a final note, haven't we moved past "men" having the definitive opinion on how a women body should look, be portrayed and what constitutes as a healthy, fit or **** woman. Shouldn't we let women make up their own minds about what..causes huge damage, reduces longevity of a "woman's" life, and most importantly (as you say), the quality of "woman's" life.

Wow, would u marry me please? :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

4 hours ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

Ok, big people can be pretty and atractive. But normalize a physical state where joint injuries, respiratory and cardiac problems can be suffered is dangerous. With writting HEALTHY next to this photographs they are telling a BIG LIE. Sorry, I used to be like those girls fifteen years ago, I wasn’t healthy and my life was very limited. 

There's no sense. This is the same group of people who call anyone who disagrees with them a liar, but then they can rebrand and relabel biological and scientific FACTS (the ones they swear by) to call FAT people healthy. No, being FAT is not healthy. Earning an F in gym class is not the same as earning an A. 

If that hurts your feelings, you need to grow up. Take care of your body. Take care of your mind. Stop blaming other people for calling out the negative repercussions of NOT doing so. That's insanity. 

When you're depressed many turn to food as it doesn't talk, won't give harsh criticism..

Many go to food cos it's a comfort..

Plus we also need to discuss,  how many kids today haye hate vegetables cos there's no taste to where meat has a natural salt that is aneesdy there. 

Do you know how many young people hate vegetables and refuse to est them. I'm talking early 20 somethings. 

They know the nutrition benefits,  but if it doesn't have excess salt and grease it's not worth eating. 

13 hours ago, nigel said:

Why did I even open this. Body-shaming trash in this thread from the usual suspects. Exhale is a safe space ya'll!

How should I put this as delicately as possible :)

The only reason "the usual suspects" are body-shaming is because they are, or were once, "gravitationally challenged", and are project their feelings onto these women.

Like ya'll know how these women feel.

We get it you hate/hated yourselves being, as Jordan erroneously styled it in the title....

emily hampshire stevie budd GIF by Schitt's Creek

About the F in gym class, don't classify that into fat shaming. 

Trust me, most of us skipped that class cos it was literally the first period in high school.  

Nothing worse than. Waking up at 7 in the morning to have 8:30 to 9:20 AM Freshman PE. 

Let's be real, the f was earned cos we just ditched that period. 

1 hour ago, Oxic said:

This study indicates that the gut microbiome plays an important role in obesity and shows that changes in the gut microbiome have a significant impact on weight gain, regardless of fitness. It also indicates that obesity is not just a matter of food choices. It is instead a matter of how gut bacteria process that food. This shifts how we look at obesity, as a metabolic "disease", rather than a consequence of poor lifestyle choices.

Does said study address the fact that said gut bacteria is a DIRECT product of and exists in direct relations to  dietary habits??? Like.....how dumb can this type of argument be? Someone eating candy and ice cream isn't going to have the same gut bacteria and digestive system as someone who eats broccoli and carrots all day...? Can we just stop trying to fit a circle into a square just to justify the politically correct agenda which serves no one except the people who are skinny and rich at the top of the food chain???

6 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

bothered? yes i'm bothered when a magazine spreads a lie ( who can affect a lot of people)  on the cover just to go viral :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

"spreads a lie" :gaspney_britney_what_wow_shocked_surprised:

And the lies women have been subjected to for years did not effect anyone? 

Spoiler

Repeat after me "there is no such thing as an eating disorder"

Yes, photoshopped within an inch of their lives is so HEALTHY and BODY POSITIVE

story9.webp

https://www.salon.com/2009/10/09/lauren_photoshop/

70f7b7f32820f7f01ddd6cb86a077e16.jpg

featured-img-of-post-141200.jpg

The thing is, Cosmo is portraying how the average woman actually looks.

You're right. You're absolutely right!

We must stop this nonsense at once.

13 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

"spreads a lie" :gaspney_britney_what_wow_shocked_surprised:

And the lies women have been subjected to for years did not effect anyone? 

Hide contents

Repeat after me "there is no such thing as an eating disorder"

Yes, photoshopped within an inch of their lives is so HEALTHY and BODY POSITIVE

story9.webp

https://www.salon.com/2009/10/09/lauren_photoshop/

70f7b7f32820f7f01ddd6cb86a077e16.jpg

featured-img-of-post-141200.jpg

The thing is, Cosmo is portraying how the average woman actually looks.

You're right. You're absolutely right!

We must stop this nonsense at one.

obesity and anorexia are both disease so none of them need to be celebrate on a cover of a magazine

What a load of crap. So first women were told starving yourself is pretty and now being obese and putting your body under such horrible conditions that potentially could lead to you suffering with chronic illnesses as healthy? I guess whatever makes them more money. 

I've broken my foot TWICE ( I know shi tty luck) but because of that i gained so much weight and sadly developed a stomach , love handles and i still struggle to get rid of it all. On top of it looking unattractive , i can't run like i used to and i can't stand on my feet for too long , mind you im still under 100k.g but im actually suffering and slowly trying to control it again. What about those women that are just too overweight? Their joints their organs and soon their hearts. 

The media is just an economic machine which goes along where money could be made. Those women obviously bring in the most economy with our fast lifestyles that would accomedate the horrible fast food we consume perfectly. Upon medication use and so forth. 

Archived