Britney Spears - I’ve Been Loving You Too Long...

OCBoy1985

Has anyone here heard this song before and if so do you know when Britney recorded this?

I just discovered this about a month ago on YouTube! I can’t believe Britney covered a Otis Redding song from 1965!

Man she sounds so damn good on this song. I always say that Britney is at her best when she does R&B ... Jive/RCA has really held Britney back a lot over the yrs.

Britney has been trying to make a R&B/Hip Hop influenced album every since Circus and every time she’s always shut down.

If this song is anything to go by I don’t know why they never gave Britney 100% creative freedom on her albums ... I hope once Britney gets out of her conservatorship that she’s able to make the music that she truly wants too.   Britney can do so much more than just Pop music she can do R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, EDM, Pop Rock etc yet her label love to keep her in that Pop box.

I remember back in the day Jive wouldn’t let her do Tilt Ya Head Back with Nelly.  She even recorded her vocals and everything and Nelly had to get Xtina at the last minute.

Sorry for going a tangent guys. 😭 I just get a lil passionate over this particular topic.

Has anyone heard I’ve been loving you too long?  If so do you know what album sessions this is from too?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

Yes she sounds great in it! I wish she finished recording the whole thing it's so short. I don't recall when it was recorded but I'd love an R&B/urban type sound from her. She's so versatile in what she can accomplish.

I know right I been hooked on this song since I discovered it. This is the song in full tho lol.

Songs during that era in the 1960s were pretty short.  The original version is only 2m and 58 secs.

I originally thought that too when I 1st heard it. 

14 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

She recorded this in 2005-2006 with producer Christopher "Notes" Olsen. The one who produced "Rebellion" and the "Trouble" intro for the infamous 2007 VMAs. I think this was leaked only in 2019 alongside with this so I'm pretty sure it was meant for blackout.

Oh wow Thank you for this!  I knew exhale would come through. 🙌🏾

I honestly had no idea when recorded this but man she was on FIRE during The Blackout sessions.  Pretty much everything she recorded for Blackout is A+ material!

Speaking of Rebellion, do you think we’ll ever get that song in full? 

17 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I didn't remember we actually also got this right before the #FreeBritney started. 2019 was wild y'all it was like every week there was something new, even though Britney herself was nowhere to be seen

2020 has been crazy too with all of the conservatorship stuff coming out .. but I would say that was good.

I know Britney has a long legal battle in front of her but I believe she’ll prevail in the end.

When this is all said and done Britney is going to have a great story to tell.  I would love for her to tell her story on her terms and in her words like maybe a book 1st, a documentary and then the big screen! 

She deserves it!

Archived